D-92

100 Days

"Have we ever met before?"

Jungkook turned around to face you. His expression was unreadable; no sign of emotion crossed his face. He stared into your eyes for a few moments before returning back to his work.

"No."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. Before you had fainted the other day, you were certain that you had heard Jungkook's voice.

"But yesterday you even said-"

"I mistaken you for someone else."

Jungkook had returned to his usual cold self as he quietly began to set up the table for breakfast.

But it was you.

You knew it had to be him. Even though your vision was blurred, you knew it was Jungkook’s voice that had called you through the flower bed.

"Are you not going to eat?"

 


-----
 


"Jimin hyung said that he was going to drop off some more of my clothes later on today, and Jin hyung should be coming over later to help."

Jungkook said as he made his way to the bathroom. He stopped in front of the door and glanced over to you.

"I can take a shower, right?"

You gave a slight nod before he turned around and entered the bathroom. You couldn't get your mind off of the dreams and the memories that you had during the past few days. Everything seemed too real to be just a fantasy.

Someone was hiding someone from you.

You were awaken from your daze when you heard a small grunt from the bathroom. Your heart started to race as you ran over to the bathroom, not caring to knock before you entered to see a pained Jungkook hunched over the sink.

Breathless, he tried his best to hold in the pain. You had remembered what Jimin had told you yesterday about how Jungkook struggled to move his upper body. You thought he was fine now because he was able to make you food this morning, but you hadn’t realized that taking off clothes requires upper body movement.

"W-what a-am I s-supposed to-"

"Just, please, anything," Jungkook managed to say through his gritted teeth.

 

You quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed a pair of scissors before returning to the bathroom. Without much thought, you pulled Jungkook up to face you as you placed the sweater between the sharp blades with shaking hands and started struggling to cut through the fabric.

 

Seeing the freshly blood stained gauze beneath the sweater, you started to cut faster. As you made it to the top, Jungkook managed to bring one of his arms out of the sleeves, but in the process, he had bothered the healing wound, causing him to grunt in pain once more. As soon as you made the final cut, you helped Jungkook out of the sweater, and with a sigh of relief, Jungkook placed his arms around you, leaning his weight against you.

 

You could feel your cheeks redden as Jungkook's warmth of his body pressed against you. Embarrassed, you slightly pushed Jungkook away as you attempted to return the scissors back to the kitchen, but before you could run away, Jungkook pulled you back, this time into a deeper embrace.

 

He said nothing for a while, only to fill the silent room with the sound of your beating heart, and you could feel the heat reaching your cheeks again.

 

"...Thank you...again..."