D-88

100 Days

"What did you get yourself into?"

A whisper filled the once silent room as you came back to your senses once again. You started cringed at the sudden noise, earning a gasp from the stranger.

"Are you awake?"

Prying your heavy eyelids open, you were close to throwing a punch as you woke up to see a concerned Taehyung hovering over your bed, only a few centimeters away from your face. Seeing your reaction, Taehyung quickly said a little apology before returning to his seat next to your bed.

"What happened..."

You sat up, once again, to be met with a surging pain that pierced through your head.

"You were out for 2 days. Again.”

 

Taehyung got up from his little chair, stretching his sore muscles before sitting on your bed next to you.

 

“You know you really have a talent for scaring me like this."

He placed a hand on your forehead, causing you to flinch at the sudden touch, but you relaxed your tense muscles as you saw his genuinely worried face, the same expression as the time he had first came to see you after you had fainted.

"Well, you don't have a fever..."

He slowly took his hand off your forehead.

 

There was something different about him today.

 

He no longer stared at you with those puppy dog eyes or his signature smile but with one more unemotional, unreadable.

Silence filled the room as you looked up at Taehyung, uncomfortable by his sudden change of expression.

For the first time since you have met this boy, you actually felt scared of him.

Seeing your expression, Taehyung put on a smile as he began to pinch your cheeks. You let out a tiny gasp at the sudden touch, and Taehyung let out a small chuckle before he let go.

"I was worried about you."

You held your breath at his sudden seriousness of tone, but he made sure to put on a smile this time. He ran his fingers through his hair as he bit his bottom lip, trying to figure out exactly what he wanted to say.

"I... I... missed you."

You sat there in surprise, not sure how to respond to Taehyung's sudden confession. He flashed a smile once more as he ruffled your hair before standing up from his spot.

"Come on, let's eat."

Dazed, you stared at Taehyung as he walked out of the room. You placed a hand over your beating heart as you let out a sigh.

What just happened?