D-83

100 Days

A/N: I'm not dead! Sorry for the late update! I was on vacation for a while, and I couldn't find the time to update until now. :)

----

 

Being stuck in a small apartment would have been suffocating, but thanks to Taehyung, your days were always bright.

"Don't you have your own apartment?"

"But how can I leave you alone in such a scary world? Who will give you the protection you need?"

You laughed, remembering the time Taehyung clung onto your arms at the sight of a spider on your floor.

Yes, that's exactly the type of protection I needed.

V flashed a big smile before plopping onto your couch. You plopped down next to him, and Taehyung placed his arm onto your shoulders.

"Have you ever left this apartment since you came?"

"...Now that I think about it, I don't think I did."

Taehyung stared at you in disbelief.

"Doesn't it get suffocating?"

"Well, it would've been, if it weren't for the company that I always have around me."

Taehyung kept staring at you with an unbelievable look as he ruffled your hair.

"Aigoo, I think I would've died if I was told to live like you."

"What is there even to do out there with such dangers all over the place?"

Taehyung rose an eyebrow as if he was trying to ask, "Are you kidding me?".

"...What?"

You were confused as to why Taehyung was staring at you the way he did. The world, as you have already experienced, was not a friendly place to roam around in. He put on a smile as he fixed the loose strands of your hair from his earlier ruffling.

"You know, you should really fix your door lock."

Taehyung quickly changed the subject as he pointed to the poor dangling door lock that hung lifeless above your door knob.

"It's fine. Our apartment is pretty much hidden, and I don't want to keep unlocking it whenever someone comes over."

"...Is it because of Jungkook?"

Your eyes widened in surprise at the mention of his name.

"...Jungkook?... W-why do you say... Jungkook?"

Taehyung averted his gaze to the opposite wall with the same melancholic expression as he had when you first met him.

"It just... seemed like you two were pretty close the other day..."

"The only visitor I have is you."

You tried to reassure him as you started to poke his cheeks, trying to lighten up the mood. Taehyung looked back at you with one of his signature smiles, unable to keep his grudge.

"Promise me that you'll always keep your door open for me."

"I promise."

And with that Taehyung flashed another big smile as he ruffled your hair. He knew that you didn't know what he truly meant, but he was satisfied either way. Just as long as you were by his side, he'll be alright.

Promise me that you'll always keep your heart's door open for me. Always.