D-100

100 Days

"Maybe you are just over thinking things".

Your head quickly shot towards the voice as you stared at the lean stranger with wide eyes. His eyes met with yours, and shivers ran down your spine. His motionless posture, his solem gaze, everything about him was so familiar. He put on a little smile before leaning against the door frame, washing away the melancholic stare that dripped from his eyes.

"Your door was open, so I thought I'd stop by and introduce myself," the stranger said rather softly. There was a hint of grief that laid between his words, contradicting the friendly smile drawn across his face.

"My name is Taehyung, but people out here call me V".

Taehyung...

"I'm Sooah. Park Sooah..."

Taehyung stood still as he stared into your eyes. It was as if he could read your thoughts or could see within you. Feeling somewhat exposed, you veered your glance to the floor, taking a deep breath before lifting your eyes up again.

His smile was replaced with a bitter grin as he gazed into the distance, taking in a deep breath before looking back at you.

"I live right next to you. If you ever need me, just knock".

You nodded softly as you gave him a small smile of assurance, more out of fear than understanding. Taehyung gave a small smile as well before putting his hands in his pocket and trudging back to his apartment.

Suddenly, he turned around, almost causing you to jump in place from surprise.

"Oh, and you should probably do some dusting before you get any lung problems. The air in here isn’t always the cleanest"

"O-okay. I’ll make sure I do..."

With another smile, Taehyung left your sight, leaving you dumbfounded.

Lost in thought, you closed your door, leaning your back against its cold surface.

I need some fresh air.

You could tell what Taehyung was talking about. The air in your apartment seemed to suffocate you every time you took in a breath.

Walking out of your apartment for the first time, you realized that you were in the basement of an apartment complex, which explained the horrible air circulation in your room. You stepped up the uneven cement stairs and out of the building to be met with the bright sunlight, nearly blinding your eyes.

It had been a long time since you had felt the warmth of the sun on your arms, and you closed your eyes, taking it all in when you could. Opening your eyes again, you looked at the world around you, but you couldn't help but make a little gasp.

The world was nothing like it was when you were last alive. The building were run down from time and weather; there were only a few that passed by on the streets and all of them covered themselves with dark hoods as if they would be burned when contacted with the sun. Blood stained the walls that were graffitied all over; guns hung out of everyone's pockets as they hurriedly made their way through the streets. The occasional scream would be heard left and right as you placed your shaking hands over your ears.

What happened to the world?