Conviction

Threw Me Back To The Wolves

Looking out of the hospital window, I started counting the raindrops that hit the window pane. I'm terribly bored, with nothing much to entertain myself with. Sure, my manager dropped by occassionally to give me my favourite starbucks frappuccinos, but other than that, I only had my gadgets to play with. Luhan didn't drop by much, as he did not want to draw too much media attention. He did text me really often, and bought me my favourite spicy ricecakes, which he had my manager bring to me. The weather made me feel strangely at peace, despite it being unusually dull and gloomy. My phone beeped twice, and I was greeted with a message by Lay.

From : Yixing

Zitao, things are going pretty strange right now. The other members are pretending to be unaffected by your news, but rumours has got them second guessing. I hope you're feeling okay. Now that you're in Korea, we should find some time to catch up. Maybe I can even sneak into the hospital to visit you. :)

I did not really expect to receive a message from Lay. Afterall, I would think that he would be under strict supervision by the company, because he's the only Chinese member left. Maybe the management is changing..? I wouldn't know. I hope I'll be able to see Kris again. He should be coming to Korea pretty soon to attend the court session with Luhan. How I yearn to call him 'Yifan-ge' like I used to. But right now, I know that I haven't got the right to do so yet. I want to talk things out, and maybe even shamelessly beg for his forgiveness. I'll request for Luhan to help me out, I'm sure he would.

As I scrolled through the news, I see so many speculations by the netizens. I really ought to clear them up. Suddenly, I was greeted by an article, 'Former member Kris Wu responds to news surrounding Tao'. I felt my throat go dry. It felt like an eternity when the page was loading. A picture of him with a bleached blond wig on appeared on my phone screen. He looked so good, and so confident. His luscious lips, and chiselled features stood out to me. I scrolled down to watch the video of the interview.

"Hey, Kris! You looked really good at the fashion show. How did you feel about it?"

"Oh, it was great. I really enjoyed myself. I really like the runway, and I hope that I get more chances in the future!" He laughs softly. His deep voice sends a vibration within me. How I miss him. His dependability, and his ability to be so confident and honest. I was just gazing at him through my screen, when the interviewer asked the question I was waiting to hear. 

"So, as the media reported, your former teammate, Z.Tao was involved in a car accident earlier this week. There's speculations that he's currently in talks with your former company, and that Luhan has been seen visiting him. What are your thoughts on this, and will you visit him too?"

Kris pauses. I could see his smile drop slightly. Tears burned my eyes. I knew it. He still hates me! His manager cuts in to reject the question, but Kris cleared his throat. "Uh, though we don't talk anymore, I still care for him, and I wish him all the best in whatever he does. It's his choice, and I have no right to say anything. I hope he gets better soon, and when I travel to Korea in two weeks for the next court session, I'll probably get Luhan to arrange a coffee session with Zitao or something.." He trailed off, scratching his cheek in awkwardness.

Oh my gosh. He wants to meet me! He just said my name. For over a year, he avoided questions asking about me, and he pretended that I never existed. Yet now, he's speaking of me with such tenderness and gentleness in his voice that I thought I might be dreaming! I scroll down to read the comments.

"Finally! I hope they get to sort out their issues!"

"Gosh, Kris is way too nice to that hypocrite! He should never talk to him ever!"

Hate comments are still painful, but after hearing what Kris said, nothing else affected my emotional state. At least, he will be willing to hear me out, and talk to me. Maybe we can even restore our friendship! I brightened up considerably. Entertainment news these days have been dominated by news of me, Luhan, Kris and my old group. I'm not sure how I feel about all this attention. It will be even better if I'm able to come to a settlement with my former company soon. I'll be discharged soon, but I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. Maybe I'll go to the company this evening. Right after my regular checkups. After hearing that piece of news, I honestly feel so recharged, and feel that nothing can put me down. I should keep up with this tempo, and go solve my last problem.

My manager, and some nurses help me into my wheelchair. They reminded me to be back by the curfew set by the hospital, and helped me into the car. I felt really nervous, but I decided that I cannot keep my fans waiting. I got to take action, and stop rumours from going around. The car pulled over at a familiar building. I put on my snapback, wore a mask and my favourite pair of Gucci sunglasses. My manager helped me out of the car, and into my wheelchair. Despite keeping a low profile, I could hear murmurings, and see the growing crowd. Cameras were also being whipped out, and I saw many pictures being taken of me. My manager hurriedly pushed me into the building. 

Entering the company made me feel so emotional. Afterall, everything started here. I formed friendships, bled, and worked hard here. I was greeted with a faint scent of citrus. I bit my lip, as emotions threatened to overwhelm me. I remember sneezing constantly and complaining about the rose scent the company used in their air fresheners. It was musky, and caused me to sneeze all the time. I remember Suho smiling and heading to the management office to request for the air fresheners to be changed. The next day, I entered the company, feeling surprised when I smelt the refreshing scent of citrus. I felt so touched and slightly surprised that the company had not yet changed the air fresheners back to the original rose scent, since I'm not here anymore. Perhaps, Suho always thought that I would return...? 

I shook my head to take my mind of this. I came with an objective and motive. I was wheeled to the reception desk, and with my slightly rusty Korean, I conversed with the receptionist. She told me that my manager could not follow me, as he was an outsider. I nodded stiffly, and relayed the information to my manager. With much reluctance, he agreed to wait in the car. 

With difficulty, I try to wheel myself to the lift. I feel someone behind me. I was surprised when that person helped to push me. I turned around, and was greeted with Zhoumi. He was smiling pleasantly at me. "Ah, ge!" I greeted him. "Thank you so much, but I'll be able to handle myself." I politely rejected his help, as I did not want to trouble him.

"It's no trouble, Zitao. In fact, it's nice seeing you! All the best, Zitao. I hope you'll leave this place happy." He winks, as he pushes me into the lift. "A piece of advice from me. Don't do anything you'll regret, okay?" 

It was nice seeing a familiar face. Zhoumi has always been nice to me. Many times, he expressed his desire to contribute and do more for his group, but he was greatly restricted. He's so emotionally strong and capable too. In some sense, I'm similar to him as well. But I was worked too hard, and got back too little. Sometimes I felt selfish for complaining to Zhoumi, but he never blamed me. In fact he comforted me and gave me lots of great advice. His presence felt comforting, and as he said, hopefully I'll leave the place happy and with what I want. 

A/N : Thank you for reading! Another short chapter. :3