Dull

Threw Me Back To The Wolves

It has been a week since the press conference. I muted all my social media, because I was not ready to face criticism and comments by the netizens. I was waiting for my manager and team to pack up for me, and to get ready the car before I get officially discharged.

Scrolling through news, and ignoring forums regarding me, an article caught my eye.

Kris Wu spotted in Incheon Airport

Former EXO member, Kris Wu, was seen in the airport, presumedly to attend the next court hearing which will take place in a couple of days. Originally looking glum, Kris Wu was seen to enter a car driven by a man who looked like Luhan's manager. 

He has reached Korea. Would he meet me? Or would he decide that I'm not worth his time because of what I did? Had he already met Lu-ge? I had so many questions. "Zitao, let's go." My manager looked at me, and gestured at the wheelchair by my bed. I nodded, as he helped me to get on my wheelchair. My fashion coordinator and stylist hurriedly shoved branded sunglasses, and a few other accessories at me to put on. Apparently, I still needed to look good just in case there were any paparazzi and fans waiting out there. My fashion coordinator opened the window, and at that instant, I could hear screaming.

My manager wheeled me down the corridors, whispering the dos and don'ts to me. We were greeted at the entrance by two bulky bodyguards. I looked out of the hospital doors in horror. I did not even know what to make of what I was currently looking at. There were groups and groups of people. The bodyguards stood in front of me, and my manager wheeled me out, shouting at the crowd, "He's still injured! Don't touch him!" My manager hurriedly wheels me to the black van, and helped me into the van. I sighed in relief, as the doors of the van shut, and I was left in peace again. 

"Tao, you will have to report to your studio starting the day after tomorrow. I'm under strict orders to make sure that you start composing music." My manager looked up from his planner. Well, not surprising, the company wants me to start work immediately. This might be a good distraction, so I shall not protest much. Besides, I'm sure that it would be fun to start making songs. I nod in response.

The entire car ride was shrouded in silence, and my coordinator and stylist started to ramble off about what they would have me wear tomorrow. My phone beeps, and I saw a message. 

From : Lu-ge

Zitao, I'm sure that you have saw the news. I also saw that you have been discharged from the hospital. I managed to persuade Yifan to meet you. How does tomorrow sound? Text me your address, and I'll come with Yifan tomorrow to meet you. No need to thank me! :)

My throat beaome dry as I read the message multiple times to make sure that I was not dreaming. With trembling fingers, I typed out my new address to send to Luhan. My manager had the driver drop me off at my new apartment. "Tao, as your manager, I'll have to stay with you." He said, as he unloaded his luggage and bid goodbye to other members of my crew. He wheeled me inside the apartment. The apartment was relatively small. It was slightly smaller than when I was still with EXO, but that was to be expected as there will only be two people staying in this place. My manager wheeled me to the masterbed room, where all my luggages were neatly stacked. 

"Hyung... Will you be at home?" I avoid eye contact with him.

He looked at me suspiciously. "I will have to make a trip to the company to get your schedule. Is there anything wrong? Do you need the company to send people to accompany you while I'm gone?"

Secretly, I was happy that he would not be present tomorrow. I highly doubt that the company would want me to meet Kris and Luhan after this entire fiasco. To be honest, I'm really worried. I'm even scared of seeing Lay in the company in the future, much less the other members and my seniors such as Shinee. I know that it would be inevitable, but I would like to defer it for as long as possible. Right now, I should be thinking about what I should say when I meet Kris tomorrow. Will he explode? Will he yell at me? I would rather he hit me, than ignore me anymore. We used to be so close, and I.. Until now, I... I still love him. I wonder if he feels the same way. I shall not expect much. I must focus on getting my life back together and mend these broken relationships.

My manager brought me to the bathroom, and I start taking my clothes off shyly. It has been awhile since I exposed any part of myself to someone else. My manager had to help me shower as I was incapable of doing so myself with my current injury. I dressed myself hurriedly after the quick shower, and my manager helped me to maneuver my legs through my pants. He then helped me on my bed, and bid me good night. 

I had never felt more afraid, and more alone, as I laid on the new bed, and once again, starting my career in a foreign country. I was going to meet the man I betrayed two years ago once again. The fear was very real. What is he did not forgive me? At this point, I struggle to even forgive myself. This was once again going to be a sleepness night. I sighed and buried myself into the covers. At least I'll have Lu-ge there as support tomorrow.

A/N : I have been very busy, so this is a short update. Next chapter will most definitely feature Taoris. I did not get to type their reunion in this chapter because there was a problem in my flow. I will try to update by tomorrow! I will make changes to the chapters after I finish the fanfiction. Thank you for reading! :)