Ch3

Unknown Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“you’re still here?” asked Jaebum holding a bag of takeout while exiting the restaurant

I tried to make an excuse to answer his question but truthfully I’d been asking myself the same thing. The second he had entered the restaurant; I did a full scan of the area. Trying to find some sort of hint to track down whoever may have left these rings here. I checked behind the dumpsters, peeped inside empty cars and checked if there was any surveillance footage available. But I was out of luck and I was tired. I’d been searching for a good 30 minutes now and my feet ached from the heels I’d been wearing, and the sky was dark and cloudy which only meant one thing…. I’d be walking back in the rain tonight….

“yea I’m still here, what’s wrong with that uh? Is it illegal to be outside and just enjoy the nice weather?!?” I blurted out once I noticed him observing me

“woah there ms grumpy, it was just a question, no need to get all defensive on me” he chuckled while lifting his hands up in front of him, pretending to defend himself while backing away slowly.

“you’re so childish” I muttered under my breath before I began to walk off

“hey! It’s dark, you sure you can walk by yourself?” he yelled out  

“I’m not a kid!” I yelled back without looking his way

The wind began to speed up as I felt the first water droplet hit my nose. That single droplet was than followed by a shower of rain. I whined as I covered my head with my hands and began to run as fast as I could in the rain towards my destination.

It was so dark, and the street lights were doing absolutely nothing to illuminate my way. I had accidentally stepped over a large-sized pebble that was hidden from my view because it matched the cement sidewalk so perfectly. My ankle twisted to the side and I almost fell down if it weren’t for the brick wall right beside me.

I screamed internally, trying to stay composed on the outside and hoping no one saw me fumble since I knew I probably looked like an idiot. After a quick scan to make sure no one was around, I leaned off the wall and tried to walk again. But no matter how hard I tried to ignore the pain it only seemed to get worse the more I used my leg. I kept pausing every second or two to let my ankle rest before I tried to wobble a few more steps again.

But then out of no where a car drove up beside me.

I thought it was parking on the side of the road so I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter