Ch13

Unknown Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I tried calling him several times after that day but Jaebum wouldn’t answer.
I left him messages but those were left unseen.

He was really trying to erase me out of his life and it hurt so much.

Just when things were working out and I had finally found someone after keeping to myself for so long, everything seemed to be going downhill once again.

What made it worse was the fact Nari was being mia as well. I hadn’t spoken to her since that fitting (which was almost 4 days ago), and after seeing her cry outside the building I wanted to see if she was alright. But even she was ignoring my calls.

I didn’t receive any message from the stalker after that night as well. Whenever I wasn’t using my phone, I’d just shut it off.

Avoiding messages when I could, was my only sense of sanity right now.

I rolled over in bed to see the clock on my night stand.

8:56pm.

I let out a loud sigh and covered my face with my pillows, hoping I could fall asleep even though I knew I wouldn’t.

After a few more minutes of hopeless determination, I realized it was no use.

Nights like these were only cured by one thing and one thing only.

I rolled out of bed, put on a long coat to cover my pajama shorts and tank top and put on some flats that were lying around.

I needed to go have some drinks…. And I didn’t care that I was going alone.

__________________

It was a cold and breezy night.
Thankfully the lights were still on to illuminate my way across the park and towards one of my favourite take-out restaurants.

It was the same one that I met Jaebum at that night…. When i ended up staying at his place.

I quickly shook my head to avoid recalling any more memories.

I pushed my hands into my pockets to keep them warm but then I felt the familiar hallow, circular shapes that were attached together by a necklace.

It was Doyun and my promise rings that I had found that night…. I was wearing the same jacket as before and I realized I had never taken the rings out.

After noticing, I shoved them in further so that I could ignore the fact they were there and took my hands out to avoid any contact.

Once I made it to the restaurant, I quickly bowed to the owner who knew me as a regular customer. Even though this was a place for takeout, people still stayed here to eat very often.

Tonight was no exception.
There were people sitting and eating with their loved ones. Others standing outside either just chatting or smoking together. And a few groups of people sitting and standing beside the bar area where the restaurant owners usually gave out soju.

I went over to my regular spot by the window and sat down as the owner walked up to me and handed me a bottle of soju and a glass.

“thank you” I bowed.

“anything else for tonight y/n? You seem like you haven’t eaten in a while” she asked worryingly.

“another bottle of soju would do just fine” I smiled as she began to laugh.

Once she left my side, I opened the bottle of soju and quickly poured it into my glass.
I took down the first glass in a matter of seconds. In all honestly, I wasn’t much of a drinker. I could drink about 3-4 glasses of soju before blacking out, but tonight I wanted to test my limits and go as far as I could.
I was in the mood to forget so drinking wasn’t going to be a problem.

The drink stung the lining of my throat as I took it down, one glass after another without stopping. Slowly the crowd of people around me began to leave as the night became darker.

My eyes started to droop, I used my hands to keep my head propped up once it began to bob. My cheeks felt warm and my vision slowly turned blurry.

The door of the restaurant kept opening and closing, an annoying bell kept ringing to remind me of the movement. After about an hour the noises began to slowly stop and I was one of the few customers left in the room.

I slowly poured another glass of soju when I noticed four men staring at me from the other side of the room.
They all seemed to be around my age, wearing suits that made them seem way too important to be in such an area in the first place.  
Three of them were pointing at me now, smirking and pushing one another to come close to me while one didn’t bother even paying me any attention.

I let out a small smirk of my own, finding it amusing to see them act so childish. I paid them no further attention as I took another sip of my drink.

“can I pay for this now!” I yelled across the room with my finger pointed to the ceiling to grab the attention of the owner.

She smiled and quickly came towards me as I began to take out my wallet.

“ma’am, the men over there paid for your drinks already, so you don’t need to worry” she whispered in my ear as she pointed to the three guys who now finally found the courage to walk up to me.

The owner quickly made her exit before the men came to my table.

“what’s a pretty girl like you doing here all alone so late at night?” one of the guys said. His hair was brushed to the side, revealing a small neck tattoo.

“that’s none of your concern now is it?” I said without thinking of the consequences… of course the drink was speaking for me now, I felt the room begin to spin as I tried to stand up.

“woah come on now. We paid for your drinks didn’t we? The least you can do is talk to us for a bit uh?” the other guy said as he pushed me back in my seat.

The sudden contact got on my nerves extremely quickly, and I was definitely not in the mood to be played around with these guys. All three of them began to zoom in on me, closing the gap fast and cornering me in my seat now.

I tried to get up but one of them would always move closer to push me back down.

“how about we have another drink?” the third man said.

“I think I’ll pass” I answered quickly as I shot up from my seat and tried to escape.

But before I could, the guy with the tattoo on his neck grabbed my wrist to catch me before I ran. I turned to face him as he smiled at my silly attempt to leave. But before anything else could happen, someone interrupted the scene by saying something.

“alright guys, you’ve all had too much to drink. Go home before I have to clean up your mess”

It was Jaebum.

The three men and I, all turned our heads towards him. I was so out of it that I didn’t even know if it was really him or not. His face kept blurring up an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter