Ch16

Unknown Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: we made it!! Final chapter!! woohoo LOL thank you guys for supporting the story! I look forward to writing many more for you all <3 
I will release one last chapter, an epilogue, for this story on wednesday and then it will officially end! 
I hope you guys enjoy the chapter & like always, Happy reading <3
~FrequencyHz
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We drove back to his house once everyone was gone.

I curled up in the passenger seat and shut my eyes, holding the cloth around my wrist tightly to keep it still.

I was exhausted and in need of sleep. My body was aching and my mind was tired.

Throughout the ride, Jaebum didn’t say a word to me. He wanted me to rest. He kept looking my way whenever possible, making sure everything was alright and that I was doing okay.

Once we made it to his place, he quickly got out of the car to help me out as well. He held me so cautiously as we walked inside, making sure everything was out of the way so that it wouldn’t disturb me.

The second I sat on his sofa, he ran to grab a first aid kit and then came running back to me.

“let me clean your cut” he said as he took my wrist, unwrapping the cloth around it and inspecting the wound.

“it doesn’t look too deep, I don’t think you’ll need stitches” he sounded so relieved, his face slowly brightening.

He sat beside me, taking out a bottle of rubbing alcohol and some cotton wipes. He kept looking my way as he soaked the wipe in alcohol. He was afraid to see me so hurt and I could see that it broke his heart to have to watch me suffer.

“….it’s going to sting a bit…” he said as he scooted closer towards me and took my wrist in his hand.

“it’s ok, go ahead… I’ll be fine” I reassured him.

Jaebum smiled at my ability to stay calm even after everything that had happened. He then slowly brought the wipe up to my cut and placed it softly on top. I winced at first, biting my bottom lip to stop myself from flinching. Jaebum immediately paused once I reacted, but I let him know it was alright to continue. I shut my eyes as he wiped the wound clean.

“it’s over” he announced, “I’ll just wrap it up now”

I opened my eyes to look at him.

He was so focused on the task at hand. His gaze glued to my wound, cleaning carefully and then wrapping it with so much caution. The more I stared at him the more I realized he was hiding some sort of pain away from me as well.  

Once he noticed me looking at him, he finally spoke up.

“im so sorry” he whispered not finding the courage to look me in the eye.

“Jaebum… it’s fine. Stop thinking about all of it, none of it was your fault anyway.” I told him, hoping he’d brighten up a little.

But my words only seemed to sting him more. I thought maybe my presence was the thing annoying him. Maybe he wasn’t ready to forget everything. Maybe he wasn’t ready to accept me.

“I should probably go home, it’s getting late isn’t it” I said, assuming that was what he wanted.

But that only caused him to stare at me with painful eyes. He immediately brought his gaze back to mine as he spoke,

“no….. gosh no…. I don’t want you to go y/n…. I don’t ever want you to go” he held on to my hand now as he desperately looked for reassurance in my eyes.

I felt my body relax at the sound of his words. I began to feel relieved knowing he felt the same way as I did. But his concerning expression still held so many questions that I wanted answers to. I was only waiting for the right time to ask.

“jaebum…”

“mhmm?” he looked at me.

“how…..how did you know it was juwon?”

The second I said his name, Jaebum’s expression suddenly changed. I could sense the tension in the air as he narrowed his gaze and looked away. He was still angry from what happened, disgust filling his expression as he thought of that man.

I waited patiently for him to start, knowing well enough this was a topic neither of us really wanted to speak of.

“after you told me about the text messages I began to do my own research” he began to explain, “but my own investigation all started the day I saw you…. And doyun… at the fitting room. I could tell something was wrong the second you left me. I stayed back at first but then I noticed Juwon going somewhere at the same time. I thought it was weird to see him leave his own fitting so I followed him. Once I got out, I couldn’t believe it. He completely disappeared, without a trace left behind. I began to look around but couldn’t find him anywhere. I then heard something from the back of the building. It was you…. I was going to ask you what you were doing but then I saw Doyun. I heard the conversation you both were having and I started to put some of the pieces together. Something inside of me kept telling my that Juwon had something to do with this. When you two kissed…. I knew I had to play it off like I knew nothing about whatever was going on. It was clear to me that we were all being watched. I needed the stalker to assume I was out of the puzzle…. Which is why I had to end it with you.”

Jaebum stopped for a second, letting me take in everything he just said.

“keep going” I said immediately, letting him know I was alright and that I needed to hear more.

“I met with Doyun later that day. Confronting him about the situation and telling him how I knew about the stalker. He was scared to death and didn’t want any part of it, but we put our differences aside when I told him you might be in danger. He cooperated enough, to help me start a case against Juwon and gave me a team of highly skilled detectives to work with. Those were the guys you saw at the restaurant that night. I was meeting up with them to talk about what they had found through the text messages Doyun had received.” He explained,

“but we still needed more evidence. I needed more proof that it was him to gather up a strong case… to lock that bastard till the end of time.” His voice was full of anger once more,

“that night when I took you home. You don’t know how hard it was for me to keep my hands off of you. It took everything inside of me to stay composed. It hurt so much to know you thought I hated you, and to sense the sadness you were feeling.” He paused again, recalling that event causing both of us to remember what we didn’t want to,

“but then…. Those rings. Y/n when I noticed those rings in your pocket I almost freaked. Before that night, I was loosing hope, I was going to give up because we weren’t getting anywhere with the little information we had. I felt like a failure, I knew you didn’t know what I was doing but it pained me to see you suffer alone. I was so close to just letting everything go, wrapping my arms around you and telling you I couldn’t help, but then I saw those rings in your pocket.” His said, his face brightening now,

“Juwon was fiddling with those same rings that night we first met. I thought maybe they were for Nari and him, so I brushed them out of my memory immediately. But once I saw them with you, and when I saw the initial

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter