Ch2

Unknown Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“you got the message right after he went back inside?” Nari questioned while we both set the table for a brunch party she was hosting at her apartment

“yea…. It was weird…. The text message said the exact words he used when he was talking to me too” I spoke out loud when really I was talking to myself, “but why now? I’ve been getting these messages for over a year, why would the ‘stalker’ want to reveal who he is now? I might be jumping the gun but I don’t think it is Jaebum”

I sliced into another cucumber before placing all the veggies on a platter and bringing it to the table.

“really? Good! Because I don’t think it’s him either. Plus, he’s too hot to play the stalker role and he’s friends with Juwon which means he’ll be coming to all these events prior to the wedding. And I refuse to believe a stalker is walking among us! Wedding stress is far more than enough for me to handle right now!”

We both laughed at the idea while placing the plates on the table. The door bell rung just then which meant Nari’s guests were all about to raid her place.

“coming!!” she sang as she skipped towards the entrance, “hello hello! Welcome everyone, the food’s all set and ready, so go in and have fun!” she cheered happily while the guests began to pour in

I bowed and greeted as many people as possible before I decided to take a seat in her living room and scroll through my phone….. but more importantly try to find out some sort of hint about that unknown number…

“hey Y/N, I see you met Jaebum yesterday after all!”

I looked up to see Juwon standing before me, smiling widely as he called for his friend to come over. I looked towards the direction he was pointing at and instantly felt my nerves start to kick in as Jaebum walked towards us. I unconsciously began to fix my shirt and brush off my pants, while quickly fixing my hair as he walked towards us in oozing confidence.

“hey man, congrats on the wedding by the way” Jaebum shook Juwons hand as they both began to mingle

I was being completely ignored as they discussed past uni stories and things they did together. I almost felt silly for fixing up my look for him since he was paying me no attention whatsoever. I decided I’d leave them two to talk about whatever the hell they were talking about and make my leave.

But before I could go, Juwon caught my wrist and pulled me back into the conversation.

“You guys both met yesterday right?” he asked so I wouldn’t feel left out of the conversation (which I was trying to escape)

Jaebum looked at me with emotionless eyes as he nodded ever so slightly to answer Juwon’s question.

Alright buddy, so one day you’re going to act all sweet and grab my jacket for me and the next you’re going to be completely cold and dry? Two can play at this game….

“just for a few seconds really, I had to leave so we didn’t say much” I felt so mean but it felt so good to see him tilt his head and slightly smirk at me. It seemed to look like he was impressed by my ability to act exactly how he was acting, and for some reason it made me feel good to know that he now knew I could play cold too.

“well….. great? I’m glad you two are getting along so well” Juwon joked as he sensed the awkward tension between us

“I think Nari needs my help in the kitchen, it was nice seeing you again….. Jaebum…” I bowed slightly before I grabbed my phone and bolted away from the two of them

____________

I looked around to find Nari and noticed her chatting with a few of her co-workers. She looked so happy and obsessed with whatever she was discussing that I didn’t want to pull her out of the conversation, so instead I decided to waste some time in the kitchen on my own.

I opened her mini wine storage thing and grabbed the white wine, pouring myself a drink. Nari’s apartment’s floor plan was very open. The kitchen was separated but the walls had huge openings which would allow you to see anyone in the living room or family room for that matter.

My eyes instantly locked on to Jaebum who was now part of a group of guys talking about some sort of sport I couldn’t care less about.

Today he was wearing casual clothes, black jeans, white tshirt and a long grey cardigan over top. I had to admit, he could pull off any look without trying. His hair wasn’t styled to the side today, instead it playfully rested on his forehead. He still wore his signature earrings and rings, which added a personalized touch to his whole look.

The more I looked at him, the less I began to assume he may have sent that text last night. Of course I was still cautious about it all, but he just didn’t look like someone who cared enough to do something like that.

I quickly averted my gaze once I realized how long I had been staring at him for.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter