Ch8

Unknown Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I heard gasps but didn’t feel a thing.

With caution I opened my eyes slowly.

The first thing I saw was Jaebum frozen in a position which showed quick action. Almost as if he stopped right before he was about to pounce. His mouth was parted and his eyes were open wide, staring at the man in front of me.

I then slowly traveled my gaze to Doyun, who stood in front of me with his hand in mid air. But his hand wasn’t making a fist and it wasn’ t near my face at all. It was close to my arm, opened, as if he was going to grab on to me and take me away but stopped once he saw my reaction.

My eyes traveled to his face now and all I could see was pain and sorrow. His expression was one that proved love hurt the most and that betrayal and disappointment were all too real.

His hand slowly moved away from me and pitifully rested by his side as he looked into my eyes.

“y-you…you thought I was… going to hit you?” his voice cracked and filled with pain as he watched me.

I looked at him, scared but shocked and embarrassed I had taken his actions wrongly. But it wasn’t just me. Everyone had.
Nari was covering , her eyes filled with tears as she looked at us. Jaebum was in attack mode, ready to pounce at Doyun any second. Juwon looked at us and couldn’t believe this was happening at his own dinner party.

And I…. I looked at Doyun and felt so confused and scared. I couldn’t even reply to his words. I almost felt embarrassed to accept the fact I thought he may have wanted to hurt me.

This was Doyun in front of me…. We loved each other…. How on earth could things end up like this.

“I need to go” I finally spoke, my tears filling my eyes as I looked at Doyun and my body shivering from fright and confusion.

I stepped off the stage quickly, ignoring the eyes that were watching my every move. I grabbed my bag from the table and left the hall without saying a word to anyone.

__________________

I covered my face from the people walking in the halls, and made my way into an empty washroom. I quickly opened up the tap to cover up my sobs as I walked into the stall, locking it and completely breaking down.

All I could think about was Nari and how I ruined her dinner. Doyun was drunk and he took things too far but it only happened because I was there. He embarrassed me in front of every, ruined Nari’s party and said things that weren’t even true between Jaebum and I.

I felt like a complete mess and I just needed it all to end.

I stayed in the stall for a good 15 minutes, just crying my heart out before I thought it was time to it up and be more composed. My tears slowly stopped and my sobs were finally controlled. But the second I got up to leave, I heard the washroom door open and someone walk in.

I could have sworn I had locked the entrance to the washroom before I came in.

My first instinct was to not move, hoping the tap that was on would be enough of a hint for the person to realize someone may be in here. But that didn’t stop them, the footsteps got louder as they came closer, then the tap was turned off and I heard a cough.

It was a man’s voice.

I instantly covered my mouth as my heart began to race.

This was the girl’s bathroom…. I was sure of it.

I stood as still as possible, not making a single sound while trying to hear where the person was or what they were doing.

And then, out of no where I heard a loud shattering noise as glass broke into several pieces on the ground. I watched the liquid spread onto the floor as it made its way into my stall.

I bent down to see what was going on, cautiously, so that whoever it may be wouldn’t know what I was doing.

I peaked from under the door and saw a large vodka bottle shattered into several pieces on the ground. It was the same drink that was being given out to everyone at the bar at Nari’s party. The smell of alcohol engulfed the room now as I watched the footsteps of the man walk towards my stall.

He was wearing dark brown oxfords. But almost every man wore these shows now so it didn’t help distinguish who he may be. The only thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter