Ch1

Unknown Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“you look so hot Y/N, I’m glad you could make it” said Nari as she gave me a glass of wine

“you sort of threatened to kill me if I didn’t show up, so I meannnn….” I took the glass from my best friend and watched her laugh at my painfully truthful joke

“ok ok no need to say it that way! Gosh, I’m trying to do you a favour here!” She put her arm around my shoulders as she spun me around to view the other guests, “look at the potential babe, you can literally pick ANY of them, they’re all single” she winked

“gosh Nari, you’re getting married in a couple weeks yet you still find the time to check guys out for me?? What are great friend” I said sarcastically while pulling away from her contact

“what??? You’ve been single for too long babe! Flaunt what you got and go have fun!!” she screamed as she took another sip of her drink

“I really hope you’re not in on that action Nari” said her fiancée as he began to make his way towards us

We exchanged hello’s and a quick hug before he stood proudly beside my best friend and kissed her a bit too passionately on the lips.

“alright guys, we all know you’re madly in love, get a room please” I joked while covering my eyes at the sheer ual interaction occurring before me

Nari began to giggle as she parted from her passionate kiss. She and her fiancé, Juwon, have known each other for about 2 years now. I was somewhat surprised when she told me he proposed to her, but that’s only because I’ve never been in a serious relationship and it takes me centuries to finally commit to someone. I looked at both of them in front of me and sincerely felt the love they had for each other, and in the back of my head I only wished I could have half of what they expressed.

“so Y/N I heard you’re finally over your last break up uh?” Juwon said as he wrapped his arm around Nari’s waist

“Honey! Don’t say it like that!” Nari slightly pushed him which made him instantly apologize for his choice of words

I laughed it off even though it was somewhat awkward to finally say out loud, “uhh yea I guess, we broke up a while ago so I’m fine” I smiled awkwardly hoping the conversation would end at just that, but unfortunately it only triggered worst things to come.

“no way! I’m glad for you! If you’re single now, why don’t I introduce you to a pal of mine! We went to the same university together, his name’s Im Jaebum” Juwon said excitedly as he began to look around for him

“oh my God yes!!! Y/N he’s a totally bomb, totally your style!!! I can definitely see you guys as a couple!!!” Nari jumped up and down out of pure joy as she began to help her fiancé find whoever the hell this new guy was

“ahaha it’s alright I’ll pass!!!” I said loud and clear before I quickly grabbed a cosmo from the waiter walking by and excused myself from the conversation before the both of them could do anything to stop me.

I quickly blew a kiss to Nari as I watched her frown while I left. Even though it had been a while since my breakup, I’d be lying if I said I was completely over it. It still hurt if I thought too much about it and I was definitely not ready to get back into meeting people. I was sorta done with the whole dating crap for now…. My thoughts on ‘love’ weren’t the brightest after everything that has happened to me.

I looked around the restaurant to find an empty seat to sit on. Nari and Juwon had rented out the whole place to host their ‘wedding announcement’ party so there were people everywhere. Some familiar faces and some I’d never seen before. As I looked around, I finally noticed an empty seat at the bar, I bolted towards it before anyone could decide to steal it from me.

Once I sat down I ordered another cocktail from the bartender as I laid my head down to rest up a bit. Even though it was my best friends wedding announcement party, I still didn’t have the desire to come. I’d been working all day at the clinic so my body was exhausted and I wasn’t in the mood to party or get dressed. I looked at the people around me and noticed a lot of very well tamed men and women. Nari wasn’t kidding when she said there’d be hot guys here, but it meant nothing when I wasn’t even planning to find anyone.

I let out a light sigh as I began to twist around in my chair and stare aimlessly into space. It was only then I realized the dark brown eyes inspecting me from across the room.

The man was wearing black dress pants, and a white collared shirt with the first two buttons ed. He had his back against the wall with a drink in one hand while the other hand hid in his pant pocket. He was slowly spinning the glass around and the only reason I noticed was because the straw was moving too. He seemed to be paying no attention to the blonde talking to him, who by the way was just as well dressed as him. I was so absorbed in observing him I didn’t even notice how long I was staring. He didn’t seem to mind the new attention from me as I noticed a small smirk appear on his face. Almost as if he thought I was caught in his trap and he had won me over without even having to move. His hair was parted to the side, eyes narrow and staring into my soul, jawline clenched as he smirked, and a posture only a cocky badass can pull off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter