Ch12

Unknown Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I quickly changed out of the dress and into my clothes before I made my way to the back of the building.

It was completely isolated from the front, and almost felt like a different area all together.

There were dumpsters lined on one side, garbage bags scattered throughout, and some crows eating away at some sort of food that was spilling out of some of the bags. I had to cover my mouth and nose to avoid smelling the horrible scent engulfing me as I tippy toed my way over each piece of filth, trying to figure out where I had to go to find the Unknown Number.

The area was pretty small so looking around only lasted a few minutes. I rested my back against the cement wall while fiddling with my phone now, trying to wait for some sort of message.

Just as I thought, I had received a text.

[ if you don’t listen to all my orders, I’ll make sure to hurt the ones you love… Nari… Juwon… Jaebum ]

Whoever this person was, was targeting my friends as much as they were targeting me. I had to find a way to end it all today even though I was scared less.

Just then I heard a garbage can fall to the floor and I jumped. I quickly hid behind whatever I could and poked my head out to see who it was.

Far off in the distance I saw Nari…. It looked like she was crying. I was about to go to her to see what was wrong but then I heard another person’s presence coming closer to me.

I went back into hiding as the footsteps got closer and the sound of someone breathing became more prominent. They stopped only a few meters in front of the dumpster I was hiding behind and I felt my heart begin to race fast.

They were clearly waiting for someone, and it only made sense to assume they were waiting for me. I tried my best not to panic as I looked around for some sort of weapon to use against them.

I slowly bent down to pick up a broken pipe that was sitting only a few inches away from me. And after a few seconds of giving myself an encouraging pep talk, I gripped the metal pipe tightly and jumped out of my hiding spot.

“WOAH WOAH WOAH! WAIT! STOP! Y/N IT’S ME!”

If I hadn’t opened my eyes the second he spoke, I would have most definitely hurt him.

“….DOYUN?!?” I stared at him, confused as hell, holding the pipe up in front of me and in between us, making sure he couldn’t get any closer,

“what the are you doing?!” I yelled, my heart beating at the speed of light as I tried to control my breathing and pay attention to my surroundings.

“it’s not what it looks like…. Put the pipe down y/n… I wont hurt you!” Doyun said as he kept his hands held up in front of him while walking towards me.

“doyun, for s sake, stay away from me….. if…. If it’s been you the whole time…. These messages… the phonecalls…. The threats…… you’re going to pay for it all” I yelled some more as my eyes filled with tears.

I was afraid of him.

He was wearing all black, and a cap to hide his face. He hadn’t shaved nor made his hair. He looked like a mess and things just never seemed to go as planned whenever he showed up.

I tried my best to stay strong in front of him, not letting him sense my fear even though I was practically shaking inside. He kept trying to move closer to me and I kept pushing the pipe foreword to make sure he didn’t.

“y/n…. put the pipe down,  I swear I’m not here to hurt you. I’ve been getting these texts as well…. Just listen to me please” he pleaded

“…. I can’t trust you….” I answered as a tear left my eye.

Doyun then slowly began to move one of his hands down and I freaked, not knowing what he was about to do but standing cowardly in front of him without having a plan in mind.

“I’m just grabbing my phone okay?” he said calmly, once he noticed how worried I looked.

I tightened my grip on the pipe, sweat dripping down my forehead as I watched his every move. He slowly placed his hand in his pocket and took out his phone.

“… I’ll prove to you it’s not me” he said, eyeing me as he unlocked his phone, “look…. I’ve been getting messages too.”

Doyun turned his phone screen towards me and that’s when I felt shivers crawl down my spine.

He was telling the truth.

He showed me text messages from the night I met him at Nari’s dinner. The Unknown Number told him to sit in the seat with the number that would allow him to be a contestant in the dance game as well as be my partner. There was also a message telling Doyun to place my number under my seat as well, even though I wasn’t supposed to have one from the start. And then… the texts that were sent to him today…. Had the exact same wording as the call I had received.

“why….. is this happening to us” I asked even though I knew Doyun didn’t have the answer.

“I don’t know….. but I began to receive them after… we broke up. I needed to know why you left me without an explanation so I began to dig for answers and one day… I got a text

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter