Ch7

Unknown Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“wow look at you!!” Nari teased as I walked into the hall she had booked for the wedding rehearsal.

“hey” I smiled at her before giving her a really long hug.

I hadn’t spoken to her since that day. She didn’t know what had happened nor did I plan to tell her. My best friend was getting married in less than 2 weeks. There was no way I’d want to shove my issues onto her plate. I could sense the stress in her expression already and I didn’t want her to have to worry about me.

“so remind me again why you’re having the wedding rehearsal dinner well before your actual wedding?” I joked

“gosh tell me about it! Juwon is driving me insane! He said he got a good deal on this hall because the CEO knows him from work… and we’re trying to stay within budget for the wedding so I wasn’t complaining when he told me the price” she laughed as she walked me over to my reserved seat.

“you’re not sitting here?” I asked once I noticed her name tag wasn’t beside mine.

“y/n i don’t even think I’ll be able to sit tonight! I shouldn’t have worn heels” she whined before giving me a kiss on the cheek and walking away to greet the other guests.

As I sat down I began to observe the eating utensils and the flower decoration in the middle. Everything was so regal, just like Nari. The theme for the dinner was definitely old Hollywood glam, there was jazz music playing in the background, lights hung from the ceiling to illuminate the wooden furniture and each table had its own personalized rose bouquet with our name tags placed on top of our plates.

I went for a more modernized “old Hollywood” glam look for tonight. I wore black, stiletto heels and a chiffon black dress with no back. I straightened my hair and pushed it to one side and my makeup was rather simple other than the red lips I opted for.  

After a few minutes of sitting alone, I heard Juwon’s voice coming closer to me. I turned around to see him all suited up, hair made and groom-afied.

“hey there groom to be” I teased as he excused himself from his friends and sat beside me.

“hey there my fav sis inlaw” he joked, “so how’s everything going so far? Do you need me to get you a drink? Have you made any new friends?”

“don’t worry about me, I’m fine just sitting here and watching you and Nari go nuts. It’s actually very entertaining” I joked, making him laugh

“well if you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask…. Oh and by the way, the guys have been chatting about you ever since you’ve entered.” He pointed towards the men, all dressed in suit and ties smirking at Juwon and I with drinks in their hands.

My gaze then darted to the man standing on the far edge of the table, not paying me any attention, while sipping the red wine in his cup. It was Jaebum.

“can I let them know you’re available? They’ve been asking me to ask you for a while now” he admitted

I couldn’t help but laugh at how ridiculous they all were. I mean, getting the groom do the dirty work for you was way out of my appreciated ways of flirting. And besides, I wasn’t really interested in any of them anyway…. At least the ones who were staring at me.

“I think I’ll pass this time Juwon, but let them know I’m flattered they asked you to talk to me” I joked

“alright kiddo, I have to go greet the other guests now. So make sure to eat whatever your heart desires and have fun tonight!” Juwon said before getting out of his seat and making his way to Nari who was greeting people by the door.

I let out a silent sigh while I tried to pay no attention to the men by the bar. I began to feel uncomfortable knowing they were all looking at me and the fact that I had completely forgotten Jaebum would be here as well.

He looked just as desirable today as he did the first time we met. But I had to get his image out of my mind, even though his black fitted suit and his hair brushed to the side was almost a sin not to admire.

I decided to get out of my seat and head over to the appetizer table to avoid my terrible habit of staring at him and to get those guys off my back and hopefully get them to stop looking my way.

I began to admire all the tiny treats Nari had ordered for this event. Each appetizer had a little ‘Nari’ added to it as well. Everything was cooked and baked to perfection, and I couldn’t wait to fill my plate to eat them all.

I quickly grabbed a plate from the edge of the table and began to pick up whatever my heart desired.

It was only then I heard someone laugh right behind me.

I turned around to see who it was.

“….doyun…”

He was standing only inches away from me wearing a dark blue suit. He stood tall, covering my body from anyone behind him, as he leaned over to grab a plate as well.

“I see your appetite hasn’t changed much” he half smiled while standing beside me now, filling up his own plate.

“what are you doing here” I bluntly asked, unable to understand who in the right mind would invite him to such an event.

My eyes then darted back to the bar to see if Jaebum was still there, but he wasn’t. Doyun then lightly pushed me aside, placing his large hand on my as he walked around me to grab another food item.

I froze at his touch and he noticed.

“relax…. You’re acting like you’ve seen a ghost.” He joked but neither of us laughed, “and to answer your question…. I think you’ve forgotten my father owns this wedding rehearsal hall y/n. I was called down to make sure everything was running smoothly.”

. How on earth could I have forgotten that.

“ahh… yea I remember that” I lied, trying to figure out a way to escape this awkward conversation, “well…. I should head back to my table”

I quickly grabbed a handful of appetizers without looking at what they were and ran back to my table as fast as I could in my heels. Doyun noticed how uncomfortable I was and just stared at me as I left his presence.

The second I sat down I took out my phone to text Nari.

[wtf…. Did you know this was Doyun’s building…. His father’s building!?!?] I typed faster than I ever knew I could, hoping Nari would see it soon and reply (which she did)

[umm…. No…. Juwon didn’t mention who the CEO was!! If he had I would have told him to cancel! Omg im so sorry y/n!!! Don’t worry though, he isn’t invited to the event so technically he should leave soon]

After reading her reply I let out a sigh and turned my phone upside down and placed my face on the table. I shut my eyes and tried to calm my nerves when literally everything around me seemed to be going wrong.

“of course this would be my seat” I heard someone sigh as they placed their plate right next to mine.

I opened my eyes and turned my head towards the person now pushing the chair next to me out, so that they could take a seat.

“this isn’t your seat” I panicked as I n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter