Part 1 Chapter 2

Murder Among Friends

"Welcome to Korea's National University of Arts where we accept qualified students from all around the world." The president of the university walks forward to the podium, “As you know K-arts has served as a home to prominent Korean artists inspiring creativity. Despite its short history, K-Arts has accomplished remarkable achievements, demonstrating great enthusiasm based on its conviction in the importance of art education. Creating such a university is like planting the seed of a magnificent tree that will take firm root to nourish the world."

The proud prominent man continues his welcoming speech, "I hope that K-Arts can be the second home for all of you."  

The audience gives a round applause before the next speaker began his power point and the generic schedule for most of the freshmen. After that they will be able to head to their dorm rooms and unpack and get a feel for things since classes will soon start in a few days." It's also the best time to make some new friends while you can." The presenter stated, "So you can get some back up like if you missed a class." He gives a small laugh before clicking on to the next slide.   

"There are two newer dorms that have very modern furnishings, A+ security and amenities. The three other dorms are a bit older but are still kept up very nicely," an older staff member started as she leads Yoojung and Sohye to their dorm down the dimly lilted hallway, "Many of housing apartments have been modernized and refurbished and are very nice." She stops in front of the door, and gives them a smile. "Well we're here. If you need anything we will be happy to help." 

"Thank you."

Yoojung opens the door to the one room studio and grins, "This is better than what I imagined." Inside included was a private shower/bath room and each floor has a kitchen for quick cooking and rice, ramen, kimchi, coffee and tea are always provided there. There was also cable which plays 75 channels and with that free WiFi. 

“I heard you can see a beautiful view at the rooftop." Yoojung follows Sohye to the bedroom and flops on to the unmade bed; she looks up as she notices the third bed adjacent from hers. "I wonder who it could be."

"She's probably going to show up later. So don't worry too much." Sohye assured her, "Hopefully, she will be nice also." Yoojung stood and flashed a grin at her friend, "We should probably go see the dining hall." 

***

The room was silent when Yoojung opened her eyes. It was still dark and she could have sworn she heard the sound of the door open from outside. Yoojung turns her head towards Sohye bed and found her still lying asleep, softly breathing. She tightly closes her eyes as she heard footsteps nearing by.  Hoping she is just imagining the sound.  In front of her was a short dark haired girl with two luggage bags, soaking wet from the rain. Yoojung's breath slows down as she realizes it has to be the last roommate. But why did she have to arrive now? Yoojung checks her phone to see it was almost 2 a.m. 

"Sorry for showing up late." The girl apologizes her voice was slow as if she was reading a script. "My plane was delayed."  Yoojung smiles, "It's okay. You can unpack and we can get to know about each other in the morning." The girl nods and head towards the bed. She almost seems uncanny something from a horror film. With her pale white skin and dark eyes. Soulless, empty.