Part 1 Chapter 1

Murder Among Friends

Part One 

 

One Year Ago 

"Sohye, are you ready for your first day of university life?" her closest friend, Yoojung asks, in her bright cheery tone. As she sees, the younger girl walk out from her apartment door. It was around 7 a.m. in the morning the sun was beginning to rise. Yoojung decided to head out early to have as much as fun she could fit in the whole day before the lectures would start. Even though Yoojung would get rather decent grades, having to stay in a room of more than a hundred people, in the break of dawn, listening to a professor would be struggle. If only she could be Sohye. Sohye was pretty much everyone's ideal girl, with her actress like face, and polite manners. Sohye doesn't even really have to study to get good grades. Everyone sure would have at least fallen a little bit in love with her. 

"I guess." She replies in a matter-of- fact tone, in almost a bored manner. Yoojung snaps back to reality as she heard a woman voice calling and footsteps coming from inside the apartment. The door opens revealing a short, a just as an attractive woman as her daughter, with a concerned look with her face. 

"Sohye!" 

Sohye's mother rushes from inside handing her a small bag full of snacks from the convenience store. Filled with sweet potato chips, fruit gummy snacks, and bottled peach lemonade, “Don’t forget to take your vitamins. Also make sure you eat at least three times a day and get plenty of rest." 

"Mom..." 

She went to Sohye, kissed her cheek, and brushed her soft dark auburn locks back. Sohye was just as solemn as she usually was, and sometimes her mother wondered how she would ever survive the outside world. Especially if she's ever without Yoojung.

"Liven up, please. For once."

 A soft smile comes across Sohye's face, "Does this make you happy, Mom?"

"Very happy. Now go with Yoojung and make sure you'll call me when you get there, okay?"

"You should be thankful that you have a mom to baby you." Yoojung, jokes as they head towards the elevator. Yoojung's mother had passed away when she was young from what she heard was in a hit and run one night when she was at a club in Hongdae. With several of her friends, they were not able to have save her from severe head and neck injuries that had happened. Thankfully, she had her father and grandmother to take care of her.     

***

"Wow, awesome!" Yoojung's jaw drops as she enters the union hall, other freshmen students were filling up the building. The staff members were rushing to gather folders to for the students as a welcome and a helpful guide to the large university. Yoojung's turns back in her seat to look around the room. A blush crept on her face as the guy behind her makes eye contact with her. His eyes were dark and round almost memorizing. And he seemed rather chic. She turns to Sohye. Her expression was nonchalant, but Yoojung noticed her hands were shaking. Yoojung grabs her hand and interlaced her fingers with her.  

 

****

A/N : I decided to make this into this small drabble thing that's connected into one story since I think that would be easier for me. Anyway, thank you for reading this and hope you enjoy.