Part 1 Chapter 4

Murder Among Friends

"It's already fifteen minutes" Yoojung whines to herself and started to leave the basketball court. She stops as and turns around she felt a gentle grasp on her arm.  She was supposed to meet Johnny.  It had already been two years since she last saw him in real life. Without having to use FaceTime and staying up late nights talking to him while he was in America.  A scowl appears on her face, "Why did you take so long?" The boy in front of her laughs, "The traffic was bad." Yoojung felt her body tense up again as she thought about him again. She felt like a high schooler again not being able to forget about her crush. Why can't I stop thinking about him? Why does my heart race whenever he looks at me? Johnny held her hand, and looked at her with an intense gaze. "We should go to the convenience store and eat ramen like we used to."

At the small, almost run down convenience store Yoojung sits near the exit while her friend pays for the ramen cups he chose. His sits across from and smiles opening his. "So how's life without me?" 

"Mm pretty good. I don't have you to bother me." 

"Be serious!"

His phone vibrates, but he doesn't answer.

"Aren't you going to get that?"

"I can always reply back. Right now I want to spend time with you." 

Yoojung scoffs and grabs the beer can next to her, "I know I shouldn't be drinking but.." she takes a gulp down, not looking at him. He's probably just joking as usual.  Johnny was the one everyone would describe as pretty much of a flirt who would flirt with everyone. Which sometimes leads into some small incidents with the girls in high school that he went with who actually thought they might have a chance with him. He's good looking after all, with his bright smile, friendliness which attracts to everyone and his tall height adds to his charm.  He's also talented since he can sing, dance, and play the piano.  He's the type where he wants to make everyone happy especially the one's he's close with. 

"I want to tell you something." His voice became more serious, and was staring at her. Yoojung bit her lip becoming uneasy at what he's about to say. As sometimes he can be the wild card. 

"I like you."

Yoojung froze at the three words she heard. Her small body was trembling even more when she glances at Johnny.  

"We are pretty much a couple already. Everyone else agrees." He kept a straight face but honestly, he wanted to punch himself in the face. Regretting what he said and making himself sound cocky. Like one of those fraternity brothers. 

"I-I don't know." Yoojung held her head low, before hurrying out the door. Yoojung felt her eyes tearing up as she walks towards the bus stop. She heard footsteps from behind. Johnny clears his throat and takes another step forward. Avoiding eye contact with the girl who indirectly broke his heart. Yoojung feeling anxious, tightened the grip on her phone. Wanting the bus to show up soon.