Part 1 Chapter 7

Murder Among Friends

Ten stood in silence, frustrated even more when Taeyong just left. Not even saying anything. First Doyoung now Taeyong. Why can't he just ignore her? It's not that hard. It's not like she attacked him or anything. Ten exhaled deeply trying to keep himself calm. "Fine who cares if you fail. I didn't come here for that bull anyway."

*** 

"I heard if you come to the fountain and look across the other side you will find your soul mate." Yoojung takes Sohye towards the fountain at campus. Several students where there taking a break from studying long hours. The sunlight seeps through the trees that were planted. Flowers of dark purple, lavender, and white were starting to bloom. Leaving the scenery more dream like. Like a scene from those French romance movies.   

"Why do you keep  believing in those cliche romance stories?" 

"Because romance keeps things alive."

Sohye looked at her in confusion before stopping next to Yoojung who was smiling at her own cheesiness.

"You wouldn't know because you don't know what love is." Yoojung said, almost self-satisfied with her comeback. The best one she came with yet with Sohye.

 "Well where's your soul mate?" Sohye mocked, narrowing her eyes at the other side. Yoojung blinks a few times before looking again wanting someone to show up. A few minutes pass before Sohye decided to leave. Yoojung gives a disappointed sigh, "Does that mean I'll die alone?" 

"Of course." Sohye immediately replies, turning around and heading towards the stairs where they came. "Do you really think people die in pairs?" 

"No." Yoojung bites her lip, not knowing anything else to say. Sohye was smart and tactful. So it's no use in defending over small trivial stuff like this. "Why don't you go ahead, I'll stay here."

***

Taeyong didn't know where to go. Not even the rooftop is a place where he can be alone with his thoughts. He wanted to go to his room and sleep so he doesn't have to deal with anything. But Ten most likely went there. Taeyong winced in pain as he tripped down the stairs. Not paying attention to where he was stepping. His right arm was bleeding from being scratched by the concrete. Luckily no one was around to see what happened. 

"Are you okay?"

Yoojung's eyes widened as she see's the blood run down on his arm, "Let me help you." She steps towards where his body was laying. Taeyong pulled away from her not wanting to be embarrassed anymore. "I'm fine." 

"Why are you lying I can see you aren't fine." She stares at him, grievously. Taeyong looked at her as he tried to figure what's on her mind. No one was ever this caring towards him.