Part 1 Chapter 3

Murder Among Friends

Yoojung groans as she hears her phone vibrate underneath her pillow, it was her grandmother calling.  "Yoojung, it's your grandmother. Are you doing alright?" Yoojung lets out a small yawn, "Yes, grandma."   

"Okay, I'm just making sure. There was a murder that was on the news earlier.  They found a girl's body brutally murdered and dumped into the river." her voice cracks, "It's even surprising that they even found the body."

"Oh...”

"So promise me that you won't go alone at night."

"I promise."

Yoojung hangs up and stands up from her bed, stretching, letting out another yawn. "Sohye we should go to the cafe for breakfast."  Sohye nods with a slight grin her face, Yoojung suddenly remembered the girl from last night. "Maybe it'll be a good idea to invite her.”  

"Who is her?"

"The girl who came last night."

The youngers girl's smile disappeared, and shifts uncomfortably, her almond shaped eyes shift towards the door. "She already left."

"Did she tell you where?"

"No." 

***

"Breaking news, an unidentified woman was found in the Yanghwa River last night. Source says she was strangled before her body was thrown." Everyone's eyes were drawn to the news anchor on the screen of the cafe. “It’s been the second murder of a young woman this week.” An older man mutters to himself as he sips his black coffee. Yoojung walks towards the cashier, his hair was a sandy color, and it reminded her of the beach. It would have been nice to go to the beach. Yoojung reads his nametag. Taeil.  "It's really sad what happened, don't you think?" he asks, handing her the paper bag.

"Yeah, especially for her family." 

Yoojung comes back with her order and hands Sohye her blue berry bagel and chai tea. The door opens and Yoojung lets out a gasp as she sees the boy from the presentation. He walks past their table and gives a smirk.  Sohye looks up from her phone and notices Yoojung's face seemed a little tense, "Are you alright?"

Yoojung nods and lets out a weak smile. "Yeah I'm fine."