Part 1 Chapter 11

Murder Among Friends

"Taeyong, do you want to come with us to the Thai restaurant?" Ten asked, as he was getting ready by putting on a denim button down shirt. Taeyong gets up from lying on the bed to look at his friend, who is still happy as ever. "Who's coming?"

" Jaehyun,  Xuan Yi, her partner, Yoojung and her friend. If you want you can bring Myungjun."

Taeyong let's out a small sigh after hearing Myungjun's name. Seeing him two to three times a week was enough. It's not that he hated him but he was the total opposite of him. Which made it difficult in actually choosing a song and the choreography itself. Taeyong heads towards the bathroom and looks at his reflection on the mirror. When was the last time he actually went out? And the last time where he actually dressed up nicely. He exhaled before walking to the shared closest, trying to sort out a possible outfit.

***

There was several people seated already at the restaurant, busy chatting amongst themselves as they waited for their food. The waitress directs them towards a table near the back. Ten sat down first and picks up the embroidered menu in front of him. "We should decide first before the other's come." Taeyong nods and gazes at the long list of options.

What felt like an entirety, everyone else finally come. The waitress comes back again to take everyone's order. Taeyong takes out his phone again, and stares at his lock screen mindlessly. Anything to distract himself from the conversation that they are having. He didn't feel like talking. He locks and unlocks it again a few times. He looks up to see Yoojung sitting in front of him. Even more radiant then before. He swore that her smile could make flowers grow.

"Taeyong, what type of dance are you planning?" 

"I don't know." 

He heard some stifled laughter from Xuan Yi and her partner Hyojung and saw the exchanged glances from his two roommates. They felt bad as they saw Taeyong shift uncomfortably in his seat, realizing his response sounded bad. Like he wasn't trying.

***

Taeyong wrapped his arms around himself as he felt a chill from the nights breeze. He decided to leave early, afraid that he would have embarrass himself anymore. It's like everything little thing he said made him feel insecure. He has to pass this time. He wanted his self confidence back.