Part 1 Chapter 6

Murder Among Friends

Taeyong woke up to the same feeling of someone wrapping their cold fingers around his neck. He opened his eyes slowly looking around the room, and as usual it's dark. Only the sound of the fan humming and the faint breathing of the other two who were soundly asleep. He wanted to call the police for what happened earlier but he knew it wouldn't be any use. In fact it could get worse, no one really knows her well enough to believe it. She has been charged  with assault with one of his past friends a few years ago.  But with her basic assault or battery charges that involve minimal injuries or threats are usually punished as misdemeanor offenses.  And that punishment range for a misdemeanor offense is probation of up to a year or more in a parish or county jail. After that, Lee Sukyeong, 26, was released, with revenge with the two young boys who had put her in jail.  Having the boy who was assaulted move with his family to Jeju Island and leaves only Taeyong as a target. Taeyong didn't know how she found him but she did. Did she predict that he would have gone to this university? Did she have connections? Did she possibly stalked him? 

***

It was dance class again, Taeyong didn't bother to show up. He could come and practice another time so it wasn't a big deal. It' better than facing her and having a sudden panic attack and deal with more of her . He went to the rooftop with no one around to bother him. His eyes wonder the cityscape the sun was soon to set leaving the sky an orange and pink shade. Only if life was like this. Taeyong let's out a deep sigh and closes his eyes, trying to organize his thoughts. Lately, everything became a mess again. Taeyong remembers the day when Sukyeong had tried to strangle his friend Doyoung. It all started when Doyoung had gotten into a relationship with her on this dating site. He didn't know that she lied about her age and she seemed pretty and trustworthy but until her personality took a whole another turn. It was that night where it took too far, Taeyong lets out another sigh as he heard footsteps getting near him. "Go away." he said in frustration, not looking back at who it was. "I want to be alone." The person who came didn't answer and continued to come nearer. At this point Taeyong turned around about to walk away. Annoyed.

"Why didn't you show up to class today?"

Ten's face was expressionless as he stared at the older boy. His raven black hair was wet along with the rest of his face with sweat. "You promised." His voice was cold. Taeyong without replying passes him heading towards the stairs. Not wanting anything else to escalate.