CHAPTER FIVE

THE UNFORCED BUT UNFORESEEN MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

 

 

-+- DARA -+-

 

 

 

 

 

"Aigoo, he is more handsome in person. He's a hot Architect!" I heard somebody say but I was so engrossed with my work that I didn't bother to check what they are talking about or who they are talking about. But the buzz is getting louder as another second passes by. And even if I am not looking, I know the people gathered behind me is getting bigger. As time passes another  new voice adds up to the previously talking girls.

 

 

"Too bad he is already married! Lucky wife!" Another one commented. I frown a bit in front of my monitor, it's getting harder to focus now.

 

 

"Gosh, look at that. I wish I was his wife." And another. I bit my lower lip. Seriously.

 

 

 

"Just imagine waking up with that hunky beside you. I totally envy her!" And another one. I sighed, how can I work with people being loud like this.

 

 

"Did he marry Jessica Jung?" Somebody asked and I stopped with what I was doing. Jessica Jung? It does ring a bell, but I can't remember well, before I could think about it the conversation continued. And I just found myself listening to their conversation while still eyeing the data shown in my screen.

 

 

"Jessica Jung? You mean the famous Civil Engineer? Were they dating?" I paused from what I was doing and continued to listen to the conversation, I don't know why, but the name sparked some interest in me.

 

 

"Yes, they are high school sweethearts, but I heard, they broke up in the middle of college, so I am not sure if he married her." A handsome man. Hot Architect. Married. Wife: Jessica Jung, a famous Civil Engineer. I tried to add up all, but I just can't link everything up, yet.

 

 

"Nobody knew who he married right?" Slash that. Wife? Jessica Jung, a famous Civil Engineer.

 

 

"I guess so, he was keen in keeping his personal life in private." The handsome and hot Architect is very private person.

 


"Well, whoever she is, she is indeed lucky. Oh how I wish to have that handsome man." And all of them sighed. I found myself a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to know who Jessica Jung is.  Who are they talking about anyway?

 

 

Before I could lift my gaze, somebody sat on the empty part of my table and I felt somebody behind me. I was startled when somebody whispered near my ear. "Can you remind me whose husband is that hottie again?"

 

 

I looked on my side and saw Chaerin gawking at me and Bom sitting on my table grinning. Chaerin pointed on something towards the foyer and I followed it. There standing is my husband, Hae with Eunhyuk, Mr. Kwon and some of the Department heads. Discussing things. So HE is the one they are talking about. I looked back and saw my female colleagues gawking dreamily at Hae. I somewhat felt proud for the attention that he is getting from the opposite and at the same time frustrated that I can't stop them. I sighed. Oh yes, Sica, his ex. I knew her nickname but have forgotten her complete name. I've stumbled upon this information while checking some books in his library. I took a book and a picture dropped. It was an old photo taken during their college days, Hae's arm wrapped around Jessica's shoulder, happiness all over their faces. At the back there's a note from Jessica: "Let's love and laugh like this forever. Yours forever, Sica."  

 

 

 

"Why is he here again?" Bommie asked pulling me out of my reverie, I looked at her and saw her looking at me waiting for me to answer, but then she realized that she has asked the wrong person, she turned to Chaerin. "Hmm?"

 

 

"They are discussing this new project in Busan. They needed a bigger space that's why they are using the conference room in this floor." Chaerin responded as she leaned on my table while checking some of the things on my table. "I need this." She grabbed a pack of multicolored post-it labels. "Why do you have it and I don't?"

 

 

"Take it." I smiled at Chaerin, it looks like she badly needed it. "Is it a big project?"

 

 

"Looks like it, almost all of the heads are called by boss." Chaerin responded as she happily played with the post-its, inspecting it like a kid. I smiled, she's easy to satisfy.

 

 

"When it's finished, let's go there Darong. I can't believe Kwon Enterprises is finally constructing a new mall in Busan! That must be huge!" Bommie exclaimed.

 

 

"Busan Mall huh?" We heard somebody say and we turned to the person and saw Jiyong smiling at us. Or at me?

 

 

"Yes. Your father is so engrossed with the project." Chaerin responded. It seems like all of them are accustomed to talking with each other. Well, I am not surprised at all, Bommie is a sweet talker, she loves talking. And well, Chaerin is his father's secretary so it's not unusual for them to interact most of the time.

 

 

Jiyong turned his eyes from my face towards my table. He suddenly leaned towards me and reached for a box of black paperclips near my stapler. But he had trouble reaching for it causing me to be sandwiched by my table and him. I can feel his body heat and smell his perfume. I blush a bit. I haven't been this close to any man before. Even my husband.

 

 

When he finally grabbed it he looked at me shyly and apologized. "Sorry, I badly needed this." He juggled the box on his right hand and chuckled a bit.

 

 

Bommie patted his shoulder thrice. "Yah! Yah! Yah! You both stop taking stuff from Darong's table. You too!" Pointing at Chaerin.

 

 

"Darong?" Jiyong asked he looked at Bommie and then at me. We both nodded. "Cute nickname. I'll call you Darong then too." He smiled.

 

 

"Uhmm, Ji, your father..." Chaerin spoke and we all looked upfront and saw Hae and the others striding towards my table. I looked at Hae as I stood up, I can hear Bommie's heels clicked on the floor as she hastily stood up. I bowed but I didn't leave Hae's eyes. Is he angry? Tensed? Nervous? I don't know anymore.

 

 

"Jiyong, please join us for the meeting." Mr. Kwon said. "This is Jiyong, my son, he is the Operations Manager." Mr. Kwon proudly introduced his son as we all stood there. "I believe you already know Mr. Lee Donghae and Mr. Lee Hyuk-jae." He turned to Jiyong as he watched them shook hands. Then Mr. Kwon looked at us. "Go on ladies, continue your work." He smiled at me, Bommie and the other girls who I believed moved closer just to have a good look at Hae. "Chaerin." He lastly said.

 

 

"See you later girls." Chaerin said before following the directors. Hae shoot me a glance before continuing his steps, for a moment, that stare brought shivers down my spine. Is he saying goodbye? See you later? Or is he threatening me? But for what?

 

 

I was still standing in my spot when I felt Bommie's hand on my arm, encircling her fingers around it. She rested her head on my shoulder. "Still the cold treatment huh?" Then she straightened her body and moved me, she grabbed both of my arms with her hands, forcing me to face her. "Don't worry, I'm here to make you warm!" She exclaimed and embraced me. Then she pressed her lips near my ear. "Juicy ." My eyes widened by hearing such words from her. Then she pulled out from our embrace and smiled at me. She mouthed "Jiyong" and laughed. "Later honey. I'll squeeze you till all the pulps are squashed and my thirst is quenched!" She threatened me and walked ily towards the elevator. I shook my head.

 

 

It's a relief that the buzz died down. I looked around our area and found almost everybody have returned to their places. I sat down on my chair and tried to remember where I have stopped. I looked around my table and remembered Chaerin and Jiyong taking my stuff. I chuckled a bit. Crazy people. Then my gaze stopped at a small box on my table beside my stapler, it was just around two by two inches. I picked it up and opened the box and found a circle shaped dark chocolate inside. Did Jiyong placed it there? I smiled. So sneaky.

 

 

Somehow, it makes me happy. Dark chocolates are my favorite. I make a mental note to thank Jiyong later. I looked up and remembered again seeing Hae just in front of my table with this look I cannot decipher. I shook my head and inhaled deeply before resuming my work.

 

 

I was working nonstop except for going to the restroom twice ever since seeing Hae. I looked at my watch and gasped. It's almost 6 o'clock, I looked around saw that there are only 3 people in our area including me. I was so focused with my work that I haven't seen the time. I stretched my arms above me and swayed from left to right. I saved my file and shutdown my pc. I gathered my things and quickly walked towards the elevator.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter