EPILOGUE

THE UNFORCED BUT UNFORESEEN MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPILOGUE

 

 

 

 

 

-+- DARA POV -+-

 

 

 

 

 

It's been almost two months since we've really patched things up between us. Sometimes I still ended up thinking I am just dreaming. For everything is great between us, I can't be happier. The tension between us is gone. The imaginary wall that has been built between us finally collapsed. We have no problem conveying our real feelings with each other. Everything is smooth flowing. The once dreaded time of going home to a cold house became the most awaited time of my day. I can't wait to come home and see Hae again. The once cold house became warm. The emptiness I'm feeling since the day I transferred to our house is no longer there. My cold husband is long gone. He is sweet in every way and warm most of the time. Just knowing that Hae actually loves me made my heart melt a thousand times. Who would have thought that he actually loves me? And he has been loving me for quite a while now.

 

 

Sometimes, my thoughts get dragged to the past and I ended up thinking about Jessica. Even though she came out like a to me that night, I still can't help but feel bad for her. I made her miserable and I'm sure about that. I was able to meet her once when I went to Hae's office. She was there for some work since they are both working for the Busan project. It was stuffy since Hae let me join their meeting with Hyuk. But when Hae and Hyuk left us alone, she took the opportunity to talk to me. She apologized to me for the words she told me that night, she also apologized for making a move on Hae. She told me she will not hold on to those feelings anymore since it's really obvious there's no way Hae will look at her again. I feel a little guilty that I ruined what she had with Hae, but, what can I say? Hae can't help falling in love with me. And so was I to him. I giggled and realized where I am now. I pressed my lips together, here I am again, acting so crazy.

 

 

I breathed hard. Still, it's like a fairy tale all in all. I've got my hot, charming and super handsome prince. It's so unbelievable that he fell in love with me the first time he saw me, with my fluffy face and all. Oh it's still embarrassing to think about that incident! I let out a soft chuckle and looked around to see if anybody noticed my craziness. Come to think of it, he wasn't really that cold during those times when he was still in college.

 

 

Sometimes he would spend time in our house studying even my Appa was not there. I found him odd during those times but I thought, maybe he liked the ambience of our home that's why he preferred studying there instead of his own house. Appa once told me that Hae's family is not as comforting as our family, even though it's just the two of us, Hae still think I was more than lucky than him. That time, I didn't pay attention to what Appa told me. But then, when we got married, I suddenly understand what Appa meant. Hae's family didn't show up in our wedding. And I've asked him about it recently, and I was surprised when he told me he never meet anyone in his family anymore. It's very sad. That's why I made a goal not to make or let him feel sad anymore and to make our home just like what Appa and I had.

 

 

Hae stayed more in our house in Busan that in his house in Seoul. He often do his projects or studying in our place. I sometimes glanced at him when he was too focused on a book that he was reading or while he do his drafting. I liked him that time already, I grew a little crush on him during those days and I look forward into his next visit every time. Which was never seldom as it becomes always.

 

 

Appa liked him a lot that they even hang out in Busan University when I was already studying there. Although I liked the fact that he makes Appa happy, I was also worried that maybe Appa would grew too accustomed to him. I was afraid what will happen to Appa if Hae suddenly lost his interest and decided not to visit Appa anymore. But I was glad that it didn't happen, he stuck to him until his last breath and I was happy for that. Very happy and thankful.

 

 

 

 

I hummed a song as I exited the HR Manager's room. I was surprised when Jiyong suddenly popped out and greeted me.

 

 

"Hello Darong." He smiled at me. I nearly jumped. He was leaning on the wall and I can sense that he has been waiting for me there.

 

 

"Sunbae." I clutched my fist on my chest. "You surprised me."

 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." He apologized. He ran his fingers on his hair and I can perceive he was nervous. "Uhm... So it was true?"

 

 

"Hmmm?" I raised my brows unsure what he was asking.

 

 

He raised his finger and I followed it with my gaze. He ended up pointing on my new ID card. "Lee Sandara?"

 

 

I grabbed it and nodded. "Oh. Yes. You've heard?"

 

 

He nodded and I can see disappointment in his eyes. "So it was true. You married Donghae." My eyes widened. "Oh. You must be wondering why I knew of it? I guess... you could say that I was really curious about you and I've asked around. A friend of mine, Leeteuk, is also a friend of Hae. We ended up talking about him and I've come to know the truth."

 

 

"Oh." I replied.

 

 

"I can't believe it when Leeteuk told me about you and Hae. I was thinking, maybe it was not you. Maybe it's another Park Sandara. Maybe it's a different woman with the same name as you, but how he described her fits you perfectly. I began to think. Remember when I dropped you home? I crosschecked where Donghae is living and it matched where I dropped you. I was really disappointed Darong."

 

 

I looked down and stared on my toes. "Donghae is a capable man. He suits you well." I looked at his solemn face and nodded.

 

 

"Is it fine now?" He asked me vaguely again and I just looked at him. "I mean... in the party before... it was kind of awkward. Him being with Jessica, and you getting angry for that."

 

 

"Oh... that was before. We just got into a little misunderstanding that time." I answered him, I don't want to elaborate more, I feel like I really don't need to.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter