CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THE UNFORCED BUT UNFORESEEN MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

 

 

 

-+- NORMAL POV -+-

 

 

 

 

 

"You know that's not what happened and I don't want to say it again." Hae closed his eyes.

 

 

"Why? You're afraid to hurt me? Do it Hae, just hurt me one more time so I could just ing get rid of my feelings for you!" Jessica exclaimed while slamming her palms on Hae's chest.

 

 

Hae took her wrists and held it away from him. "Sica... Please it's been years already."

 

 

"I don't care even it's a decade over, I don't care, the fact remains that you left me for her and it still ing hurts until now." Jessica replied to him angrily.

 

 

"It's all in the past Sica... Stop this." Hae answered back.

 

 

Jessica looked at him angrily. "All in the past? All in the past?! Did you really move on Hae? Did you?!"

 

 

"You are drunk Jessica." Hae spoke then he looked at the taxi approaching them, it stopped near them and a woman stepped out, it was the replacement driver that he called.  "I don't even know why we are talking about us when you got drunk because Nickhun and you broke up."

 

 

"You don't know why we are talking about us?" Jessica glared at him. "You don't know? Because he didn't leave me, it was me who broke up with him! And do you know why?! Because I still love you! I still ing love you. I still love you Hae." Jessica pleaded. She removed her wrists from Hae's grasp and held his arms. She pulled him into her but Hae was stronger and he stayed at the same place and the same distance away from her. But Jessica still held his arms, clinging on it.

 

 

Hae was stunned by the revelation of Jessica. He didn't know until now that Jessica feels the same as before. They broke up years ago and he never knew that Jessica was still clinging into her old feelings. He thought everything finished when she had a relationship with Taecyon after their break up. Although they fought after their break up, everything started to get better between them when she had Taecyon by her side. That time, he thought she had already moved on.

 

 

Jessica reached for her face and gently move his head to face her. She looked into his eyes. "I still love you Hae... leave her... leave Dara and come back to me..."

 

 

"Sir?" The lady, which was the replacement driver, asked as she approached them. Hae turned to the lady and raised his hand. The lady understood, walked back a few meters from them and waited.

 

 

Hae looked at Jessica. "I can't... I can't leave Dara."

 

 

"Please Hae... let's start over again... He is dead... he wouldn't know you broke your promise to him... Please come back to me..." Jessica cried.

 

 

 

Hae shook his head. Then he grabbed Jessica by her arms, guiding her towards the back of her car and gestured for the lady to come. The replacement driver walked towards the car and took the driver's seat.. He looked at Jessica intently and shook his head. "I'm sorry, I can't do that. I will never come back to you." Then he closed the door and tapped the car, informing the driver to go.

 

 

Hae sighed and slowly walked inside the house. He ran his fingers on his hair. He walked upstairs towards their room. When he opened the door he saw Dara sitting on the bed with her back on him.

 

 

Dara was just sitting on the bed flaccidly. She didn't stay longer, she cannot stay longer. She didn't want to hear the rest of their conversation as she knows it would break her. It would definitely break her. Her tears started to flow and she can't help it, she can't stop it. She looked at their wedding picture that Hae managed to frame and put on the wall of their room. She nearly jumped when Hae spoke.

 

 

"You're home?" Hae asked her and she immediately wiped her face. "When did you reach home? I didn't notice you."

 

 

Dara let out a sarcastic laugh. "Of course, you're so busy hugging the love of your life outside your house ohhh sorry... our house."

 

 

"Jessica was just feeling upset. Her boyfriend broke up with her. I was just comforting her." Hae explained.

 

 

"Of course and she doesn't have anyone else to talk to except her ex-boyfriend slash ex-fiancé slash love of her life." Dara replied. Anger is built up inside her that she can't help but throw irritated response.

 

 

Hae shook his head and stared on Dara's back. He continued to walk towards her and answered her. "I am not..."

 

 

When he was finally facing her with ample distance, Dara asked him. "Are you sure?"

 

 

Hae decided to ignore her questions. "Did you have dinner? We could order something from outside or we could grab a quick dinner somewhere near here."

 

 

Dara decided to ignore his questions as well. "So are you going back with her?"

 

 

Hae snapped back and looked at Dara intently and finally realizing that she was crying earlier. Her face has traces of tears and her eyes are a bit red. Her white nose also has a red color on the tip. Worry took over him and he was going to walk towards her more but Dara stopped him. "Don't come near me."

 

 

"Dara..." He spoke her name as if pleading.

 

 

Dara looked at him and a tear escaped from her eye. "What?"

 

 

"It's not what you think." Hae answered.

 

 

Dara asked him again. "So are you going back with her?"

 

 

"No! Why are you even asking me that?" Hae answered her.

 

 

"Are you sure? Because, if you want, I could give you back to her. It's not like I own you anyway. Besides, I don't mind." She lied and she was fighting hard not to let another tear fall down.

 

 

"You-- you don't mind?" Hae asked obviously hurt from her words.

 

 

And Dara saw the change in Hae's face and she looked down. She didn't like how Hae's expression changed, it's as if he was hurt. "You're hers anyway. I ruined everything between the two of you. If my father didn't request you to marry me, it will be her instead of me here. In this room."

 

 

Hae grinned and it was not left unnoticed and this hurts Dara more because he didn't even speak anything, he is agreeing to what she told him, not that it's new for her, but the truth hurts. And it will always hurt. "It's the tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter