CHAPTER FOURTEEN

THE UNFORCED BUT UNFORESEEN MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-+- NORMAL POV -+-

 

 

 

 

 

The most awaited company party arrived. It was glamorous as everyone has expected it. Valued major clients and suppliers arrived at the venue, along with some politicians and celebrities. It was an event that not only the employees are waiting for but the general public too. Several television stations are even having segments for the event, Kwon Enterprises is a big name in the country after all.

 

 

Dara agreed to come to the party with Bom. Her friend dropped by their home, bringing a lot of things with her. Mostly related to beauty. After hours of preparation they both arrived at the venue, wowing the people at the party. Dara didn't see Hae at home even though it's a weekend. Hae was going to the party straight from urgent work that he cannot dismiss. This isn't a surprise to Dara anymore. But she would have loved to see Hae in his party attire. Although, she told her friends that she doesn't want to come with Hae, it's not the whole truth. Inside her, there's a desire to show off to the world that she is the Lee Donghae's wife, but she knows that declaring it in this party would be horrific. Just imagine that no one knew in her company that she was married, not that she was popular and all, but if she suddenly arrives with Hae in the party, it would be a non-stop talk. Especially when the press is there also, partying with them.

 

 

She imagines what would happen if they actually decided to come together. She slightly shook her head. It will be terrible for her and Hae for sure. She decided to just go on for the night and looked at her reflection on the glass wall. She doesn't look bad she admits and she smiled.

 

 

"Gawking at yourself?" Bom leaned closer to her and whispered.

 

 

Dara smiled at her. "Thank you. I look decent and all."

 

 

Bom's eyes widened. "Oh come on. You look more than being decent. You're my masterpiece!" Bom turned her head again towards their reflection on the glass.

 

 

 

 

Dara nodded and smiled. "Hmmm... okay if you say so."

 

 

"Say what?" Chaerin walked towards them.

 

 

"Look at my angel." Bom said as she laid her palm in front of Dara.

 

 

"She's an angel indeed and you're a fairy." Chaerin nodded in unison. "Did your husband see you before you left the house? Because if I was him, I'll never let you go out like that."

 

 

Dara's eyes widened at the comment of Chaerin, she looked at herself once again from head to toe, although she has to admit she showed skin in the dress that Bom asked her to wear, she doesn't look indecent, she rather looked sophisticated. The dress seemed like it was made for her, the pink dress bonded itself on her curves, her porcelain skin glowing, her slightly wavy hair carefully placed on top of her shoulder, she looked really beautiful. She wonders why Chaerin made such comment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Still staring at her reflection, she pouted and was about to respond to Chaerin's words but her friend clad in color block tight dress, beats her to it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh come on! Are you telling me she look indecent?" Bom glared at Chaerin.

 

 

"Omo! That's not what I meant! I mean, look at that table. And that table. And that one on the far left. They are obviously gawking here because of you two. If I am Hae, I would never want my wife to be gawked at, not in a million years." Chaerin shook her head as she looked upwards conveying her great disagreement on Dara coming so attractive tonight.

 

 

"Would you rather her come covered and all? These type of beauty should be shared to the world and should be gawked at, all the time." Bom rolled her eyes. "And speaking of which, didn't you come to the party so attractive too?!" Dara and Bom both looked Chaerin from head to toe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What?" Chaerin glared at her.

 

 

"Earlier only that table, that one and the one on the far left are gawking here. Now that you've joined us, that table on the middle and the one on the right are all looking at us too. So don't preach as you came here so attractive also." Bom squinted her eyes on Chaerin.

 

 

Chaerin sighed. "Okay I lost... Still I am not married!" She shook her head again. Dara just watched as the two bantered and chuckled. "Damn, damn, damn... I retract my statement now. It's really good you came here like that!" Dara followed the gaze of Chaerin and saw Hae entering the hall with Jessica on his side. Her hand is safely placed on top of his arm. Dara suddenly felt a pain inside her chest as she looked at them looking so perfect together.

 

 

This was definitely a surprise for her and she cannot deny that this made her upset. Especially when she saw how Jessica clings to her husband, but she knows it was her fault, since she said that she doesn't want to come to the dinner with her husband. She bit her lower lip and immediately took a glass of wine from the tray that one of the waiters are giving out. Bom and Chaerin just looked at each other as Dara drinks it all in one go while still staring at the lovely 'couple'.

 

 

Dara is still sulking when Jiyong walked towards them. Jiyong looked at Dara and narrowed his eyes, Dara didn't even notice his presence. "Is there something wrong with your drinks Darong?"

 

 

Dara broke her gaze on the 'couple' and looked at Jiyong. "Omo. Sunbae. No." She shook her head and smiled at him.

 

 

"You all look good, it's nice to see you not wearing your office clothes." Jiyong praised the girls. "You really look lovely Dara." He smiled at her kindly.

 

 

Dara blushed a bit and thanked the guy. "Thanks Sunbae, you look good as well."

 

 

"You have a great sense of fashion as usual Jiyong." Chaerin added.

 

 

"Well, I always made sure of that so I won't look like odd in between beautiful ladies such as yourselves." Jiyong smiled.

 

 

"Don't flatter us too much, when we very well know who you want to flatter most." Bom replied.

 

 

"What do you mean? It's the truth!" Jiyong smiled at Bom.

 

 

"What is the truth?" They all looked at the person who has spoken.  Jiyong's father walks towards them and nodded at the ladies. Dara suddenly felt tensed when she saw who is behind the old man. Jessica and Hae at tailing on his back. And everyone greeted each other. The three ladies just stood there smiling, but Dara has a bitter smile.

 

 

"Nothing." Jiyong responded.

 

 

Mr. Kwon introduced Jessica to Jiyong, then Jiyong looked at Jessica and Hae and back to Jessica, his finger pointing at the two. Mr. Kwon laughed understanding what his son meant. "Oh no, Jiyong, that was history I believe."

 

Jiyong looked at them in confusion. "You didn't really end up together?" Jiyong asked while looking at the two, then he glanced at Dara who was obviously holding her breath. Jessica on the other hand blushed as she clutched on Hae's arm tighter. 

 

 

"No Jiyong, they are just working together for our Busan project." Mr. Kwon replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter