CHAPTER FIFTEEN

THE UNFORCED BUT UNFORESEEN MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

 

 

 

-+- NORMAL POV -+-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara was pissed and came back a few minutes after her heated conversation with Jessica. She was in the losing side. She hated it, but she must admit that the words of Jessica all made sense. Hae has never been clear about his feelings for her. Although she knows that he truly cares for her, Hae has never mentioned he likes her. She returned to her seat and immediately looked around the venue for Hae, she saw him laughing hard with Jessica. They were both happily talking as if they are the only ones in that place then it pissed her more when she saw that Jessica touched Hae's arm and caressed it, her hand stayed for a while and Hae doesn't seem to care.

 

 

Bom and CL just looked at each other when they noticed the sullen expression on their friend's face.

 

 

"Those were old lovers." Somebody speaks behind her and she saw Jiyong smiling at her.

 

 

Jiyong took the seat beside her. "How did you know?" Dara asked Jiyong

 

 

"Well, I think everybody knew, except maybe... you? But I went to the same University as them, that's why I knew." He informed her while smiling, he was obviously teasing her.

 

 

Bom looked at her friend and she knows Dara is dying to ask Jiyong more, but knowing Dara, she will not ask more even though she wanted to bombard Jiyong more questions. So Bom asked for her. "Oh so you know them?"

 

 

"Yes, from afar, we are not in the same clique as you might have been imagining. So we never spoke to each other during the college days." Jiyong answered.

 

 

"But you're not from the same field, how do you know them?" Bom continued to ask and Chaerin and Dara just waited for the answers.

 

 

"They came from rich families. It's not hard to know. They are basically the news makers in the campus as it is in the society." Jiyong replied.

 

 

"Well you do have a point, I'm betting they know of you too." Chaerin replied.

 

 

"I'm not bragging and not that I like it, but well, it came as a package of being a Kwon." He smiled and winked at Chaerin.

 

 

"It must be hard." Bom replied.

 

 

"It is. Just imagine for those two, they seem like the lead in a drama, only the drama is about their real lives. People are gossiping about it and awaits what happens next." Jiyong said.

 

 

"What happened to them then?" Chaerin finally understood what Bom is doing so she decided to help.

 

 

"I'm not really sure, because I wasn't really there when it happened. But news are everywhere in the campus. I just heard that they were engaged early college days. But then they just broke up." Jiyong replied

 

 

"Was it an arranged marriage?" Bom asked.

 

 

Jiyong shook his head. "I don't think so. People say that they look so... hmmm.. " Jiyong thinks of the best way to describe it.

 

 

"In love?" Chaerin continued his sentence while eyeing Dara.

 

 

"Yes." Jiyong replied.

 

 

"What happened then?" Bom asked

 

 

Jiyong curved his lips lopsidedly. "I don't know. Only those two knew."

 

 

Chaerin questioned Jiyong again. "But isn't it odd that they are still okay after what they have been through?"

 

 

"Uhmmm, but they stopped speaking to each other during those times. When I entered college, they were not in speaking terms already. I even witnessed them avoiding each other and Jessica started seeing somebody after that."

 

 

"And Donghae?" Dara asked and Chaerin & Bom was surprised when Dara participated in the questioning, because she has been silent all along.

 

 

"What about him?" Jiyong looked at Dara, with somewhat serious expression and Dara wasn't able to answer.

 

 

Bom saved Dara and answered for her. "Did he see someone else after breaking up with Jessica?"

 

 

Jiyong looked up and scratched his chin. "Hmmm... thinking about it now, no, I don't remember him seeing somebody after Jessica. That was odd you know."

 

 

Chaerin leaned a bit closer and asked. "Odd?"

 

 

"Well the news that spread was that Hae was the one who broke up the engagement, but he never showed up with anybody else after that, so people were speculating that he just acted chivalrous, but it was Jessica who had the change of heart. And you know it would be bad for her if people know of it." Jiyong explained. "She is a woman, maybe Hae did not say anything just to protect her."

 

 

Bom nodded as if she was already enlightened. "Oh so that's the case..."

 

 

"Look, whatever the reality is, nobody knew except them." Jiyong commented.  "They look fine right? I wonder what would Hae's wife thinks if they are still that much close." Then Jiyong glanced at Dara and she caught him looking at her, he didn't even flinch and just continued looking at her, showing her an unusual expression. It was a sullen face and Dara felt chills. Does he know?

 

 

 

Dara decided to disregard it and feign ignorance. They all eyed Hae and Jesica as the girl reached for Hae's hair and fixed it. Earning a sincere smile from Hae. Dara's chest suddenly constrict in pain and she bit her lower lip to cover it.

 

 

-+- NORMAL POV -+-

 

 

 

 

 

After the party, Bom dropped Dara home. Dara wanted to ask Bom if she could stay at her place for the night, but hating the idea of running away again, she hesitated and decided to face the problem. She doesn't know what to say to Hae, should she ask him how was his night? How was his night with his one true love? Just thinking about it made Dara breathless, as if somebody choking her.

 

 

 

Then her thoughts drifted back to Jiyong's statement.

 

 

"She is a woman, maybe Hae did not say a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter