CHAPTER ONE

THE UNFORCED BUT UNFORESEEN MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER ONE

 

-+- DARA -+-

 

 

 

Coffee... I like the smell of coffee. I don't know when it started, but I think it was because of my father. In the morning, I always prepare the food, while my father always prepares his coffee. He never asks me to do it. I remembered the pleasant smell it produced. I love every mornings with my father while he drinks his coffee, he chats with me, while we discussed trivial things like weather, lunch, school, his work, sports or dinner. That was always been a part of my mornings.

 

 

I still remember the way he laughs as I've told him my crazy plans for the day. The way his eyes form these lines, straight from the middle, slowly going up on the ends. My father has kind eyes, the type of eyes which are full of emotion, happiness, worry, sadness and anger which I rarely see are always evident in those eyes. Some memories are still clear and some are not. But how my father's eyes lit up whenever he drinks coffee, the obvious look of someone who loves coffee. I remember that, a memory that is still fresh in my mind.

 

 

One time, he invited his friends over. Since he was busy chatting with them, he asked me to prepare coffees for them. I obliged. I am in fact the woman of the house. I put water in the cup and stir in the coffee, milk and sugar. I tasted it and was disgusted with the bland taste I made, slowly, I added more coffee until I reached the taste that I wanted. That was the first time I tasted coffee. Coffee somehow reminds me of my father ever since. How I wish I could prepare coffee for him again. Appa, you're happy right?

 

 

I closed my eyes as the smell continuously entered my nose, letting myself breathe the nicest smell on earth. I opened my eyes and saw this gorgeous man in front of me. Crap. I totally forgot. He smiled kindly at me.

 

 

"You're really interesting Dara-ssi." The gorgeous man smiled at me. "Do you like coffee that much?"

 

 

I pressed my lips into a thin line as I grabbed some part of my skirt into my fist that's already balled on top of my lap. I'm seriously embarrassed. "I-I'm s-s-sorry." I answered nervously.

 

 

"What for? You know, I should be thanking you." He answered me, sincerity can be felt in his words.

 

 

I shot him a confused look. I can't quite understand. How I ended up in front of this guy. The most sought up man in our company. The most eligible bachelor based on Bom, my best friend. I stared on him for a while as I carefully traced his features with my confused look. His eyes are nice, a bit seductive for my taste, but suits him really well. If he doesn't smile, he looks fierce and almost stoic. He has a cute smile, he looks so cute with such smile. A pointed nose. Overall, he really looks hot, with his awesome fashion teamed with his looks. Not to mention, confidence that I really admire.

 

 

"I like watching you." He answered, bringing me back to the situation now. He smiled. "It's been a few months now when you started here right?" He asked me.

 

 

"Yes. I've been working here for around 7 months now." I answered him.


"So do you like it?" He asked me. "It's quite the talk of the company, when the batch of new employees where you belong started working here."


"Really? I didn't know. I hope it was because we work really well or because the staff thinks we can do our respective jobs well." I sipped on my coffee.

 

 

He chuckled a bit. "Well, I cannot say that's the actual truth." He smiled.

 

 

"Oh, what is the truth then?" I've asked him. I don't usually mingle with my other officemates, even during lunch, I go with Bommie, and our new found friend Chaerin. Other than the two I don't talk much with the others. Only when it is work related. It's actually the first time I've had coffee with another employee in my company. He invited me earlier and since Bommie and Chaerin are busy today, I accepted his offer to have lunch with him. I found him harmless. Even though he is a bit intimidating. And besides, it's just coffee and a sandwich.

 

 

He pressed his lips together and scratched his chin before answering me. "I don't know how the female employees' mind work. But for us male, there was a talk basically because a lot of attractive new employees are joining." He bit his lower lip. "Please don't be offended."

 

 

I shook my head. Why should I be offended? It's their hormones thinking, not mine. And I really don't care what they think. "I am not. Don't worry."

 

 

"But we all know now that you all deserve your slots besides being good looking." He smiled kindly at me. Hearing him talk like this made me realize that he is actually my senior. He is older than me I believe and now he is holding a managerial position.

 

 

"I'm sorry. I don't quite know you a lot. I think I should call you Sunbae?" I've asked him, I just hope he is not offended.

 

 

He nodded. "Of course, you can call me anyway you want, Dara-ssi." He smiled at me. "And I think Sunbae fits me well. I am older than you by around two years I believe."

 

 

"H-how did you know?" I've asked him, unsure if he keeps track of such things, but it makes me think how, when we are from different department. I am in the HR Department and he is in the Operations Department.

 

 

"Hmmm, last month was your birthday right?" He asked me while looking at me intently. He is really somewhat intimidating, but I shrugged out the thought, maybe it's just really his personality. He doesn't seem like the person who makes sure people around him feels inferior, on the contrary, the way he is attending my needs now while we eat, it's really impossible that he is in mood for such tripping. I nodded and he smiled again. "I just saw the greeting pasted on the wall, 'Happy 23rd Birthday Dara!'"

 

 

"Oh..." I smiled. "So you are around 25 years old?" I've asked him. I do the math as I stir my coffee over and over again, he must have started the same way as I am, maybe right after he graduated, he started working here. But it's still a wonder, how he was promoted that fast. If I remember it correctly, Bom told me he is the Operations Manager now. Oh well, maybe he is that good.

 

 

"Yes." He answered and that made me stop from stirring the coffee. "You're thinking, I'm too young for my position right? It's really doubtful right?" He smiled again.

 

 

I waved both of my hand in front of me. "Oh no, no, no. It's just a wonder since you are still young that's all. I am not doubting your capabilities, you must be really good. Anyway, it must be nice and at the same time hard right?"

 

 

He chuckled. I smiled at him nervously, I don't want to make him feel bad, I don't know him at all except from the information I get from Bom and Chaerin. If he is now thinking that I was judging him, I don't think that is polite, especially when we are just beginning to know each other. "Don't be so tensed. I know you don't mean it in a bad way of course. But the truth is, I'm actually the son of the owner of the company. So it's just normal to say I have such privilege." He smiled at me. "I can't believe you don't know about it."

 

 

I shook my head and lowered my chin, just enough to avoid his gaze. Kwon Jiyong. Kwon Enterprises. KWON. Aisshtt! I'm so stupid! "I'm sorry, I was not informed. Besides, I don't really like to gossip about other people's lives. Especially when it comes to each a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter