Chapter 3

Thank You And I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjung pov

"Since we are the top 2 in school, let's make a deal." Namjoon suggested.

"Sounds good,"

"The person who got the lower rank must buy a meal for the person of the higher rank. Call?"

"Call." I agreed.

Unfortunately, most of the time, Namjoon won. I didn't make a big deal out of it because even though I lost to him, I still beat most of the students in school. Eventhough we were 'enemies', we actually helped each other in a lot of ways. During the weekends, I would go to his house to study together. I couldn't really invite him to my house because the situation back home was really bad. I'm glad he understood that. At first, I was surprised that he was living alone in an apartment. I thought idols would have to live in a dorm especially when they were in a group. 

"I don't think I can do it..." I sighed. "I'm getting low B's for science. If it continues to be like that, I can't become a doctor... My parents would be so disappointed with me..."

"What are you talking about? To become a doctor, you need to take human biology and chemistry right? And to take those subjects, you need a B or a low A. You're doing fine,"

"I don't know... I'm just stressed... I hate how I am actually studying hard for something I don't want,"

"What do you want to be when you grow up? Nothing lasts forever, you only live once. So, live your life not any other's lives. Take chances and never regret, never. Never be late to do what you wanna do right now. Because at one point of someday, everything you did, Would be exactly what you will be." Namjoon said full of determination.

I laughed at his words. "Isn't that from ORUL82 intro?"

"Wait, have you been checking out all of my songs?"

"Yeah, I told you didn't I? I'm an ARMY now. Can I just ask you one question? Are you so unhappy with your life?"

"What makes you think that? I'm satisfied with how I'm living right now."

"Are you sure? Because all your songs sounds really angry. I'm not complaining because I think that's how you became so famous. You represent the feelings of teenagers and the unfairness in today's society. I think many people want to thank Bangtan for making this kind of songs. It gives us energy and encourages us,"

"That is Bangtan's aim. Our generation is going through a lot of hardships in life, as well as facing a lot of prejudice and suppression. So Bangtansonyeondan means we want to protect our generation's thought and values from the prejudice that pours down on us like bullets." I made an 'o' shape with my mouth. We chatted for awhile and went back to studying.

Exams are coming up and I was really stressed about it. The situation at home is getting worse everyday. I can't concentrate on my studies and my grades slowly started to go down.

"Namjung, you got 77% for this term's end of topic test. That's a good mark but it's a big decrease in terms of your performance. Is everything okay?" Mr Ji asked. 

"Yeah it's all good. I'm just a bit stress that's all. I'm sorry, I'll do better next time,"

"You don't have to apologise. If you're struggling with something please do come and see me. I'll try to help you,"

"Thank you Mr Ji. Um...Can you please do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Please do not tell my parents that I got 77% for my science test."

"Are you sure you are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter