It's a secret

The Revolution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yein and Sujeong? When did you two return?” Yuju went over with her arms open, it had been two years since she has seen any of them.

 

The Kim’s and Im’s have their usual routine in school, where they would meet at their lounge first thing in the morning before heading to class. And this morning, the Kim’s arrived earlier since it is Yuju turn to fetch Eunha from the school gate. However, to their surprise, there are two others in the lounge which are not the Im’s. Jihyo had already told them that they would be late this morning, so it is definitely not them.

 

“Last week? All of us came back together.”

 

“That’s strange, I haven’t heard anything from Sowon unnie or Jiyeon unnie.” Yewon brows furrowed as she tries to recall if anyone had told her about their return.

 

“Nothing is strange you know. Just remember we are on the same side, that’s all you need to know.” Sujeong gave Yewon a light pat on her shoulder as she stole a quick glance over to the Im’s who have arrived.

 

“Hmm? What do you mean?” Yuju asked, with her head tilted towards a side.

 

“It’s a secret.” Yein winks and places her finger on her lips.

 

“Yah, Jung Yein.” SinB stood up from her seats and ready to argue. She could not accept the fact that the newcomer duo left a cliffhanger for them to figure out.

 

“SinB, it doesn’t matter. They would have told us if they could.” Yewon who clearly noticed Sujeong actions a moment ago knew that they mind the presence of the Im’s. Unsure of what they are trying to say, she made a mental note to question Sujeong and Yein, in private.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Speak. We were on the street previously, now this is my office. Why did you come back suddenly?” Sowon had her legs on her coffee table, this is probably the most comfortable position in the world right now.

 

Kei report to work with her team this morning caught many workers off guard. She was known as the most friendly boss and also the one that you could not judge by her kind looking. Especially when she had a knack for business, single-handedly managed the overseas branch. Once Kei enters the senior management level with her team, all the workers start to spread all sorts of words and deduction in the office.

 

It may be called at the senior management level, but there is only Sowon, Yerin permanently working there, other girls like Yewon, Yuju, and SinB are only here during holidays or weekend. Simple arrangements are made for Babysoul and the girls in the level, ensuring that they would at least have a decent working environment.

 

After the arrangements were made, Sowon had asked Kei into her office for a one to one meeting/conversation that they really need.

 

“Like I said, to support you, the clash between the top 4 isn’t a small case that you can handle it yourself,” Kei explained, taking a sip of tea that Yerin had served.

 

“How much did you know?”

 

“Erm… everything? I got my own information. Since Uncle Im isn’t trustable, do you think Nayeon is?”

 

Sowon, Nayeon, and Kei have been childhood friends since they have such similarities with their family background. Growing up together, the girls often only have one another to depend on. They even have a secret hideout spot so that they could escape from whatever leadership training that they are going through. They are close really close, but it can’t overthrow the fact that Mr. Im is Nayeon’s father. A saying goes ‘blood is thicker than water’, there are chances that Nayeon would betray them for her family.

 

“I trust her, and I know you do too. She is still doing her best to stop her father, and that’s going against her own father, she need time.”

 

“And I believe Uncle Im knew that very well. So he has to weaken the power that Nayeon is holding. Soul unnie had an informant in the group, she had been told that the thought of handing over to Nayeonie have wavered.”

 

“But Nayeon is his only daughter, who could he hand it over to?” Sowon stops and thinks, looking at Kei, she seems to already know the answer. Who else could succeed Mr. Im’s business and the group? If he is not handing it over to his own daughter…

 

“Her cousin?” Sowon’s brain just hit a jackpot, snapping her finger at her own answer.

 

“Bingo.” Kei smiled with satisfaction. Pulling out her handphone in search of the picture, she shows Sowon a picture of Mr. Im and a young man next to him.

 

“This is Im Jun Hyuk, Nayeon’s cousin. He had been working under Uncle Im for some years and is gaining his trust rapidly throughout the years. Most importantly, he is the one handling all those gambling dens that we know. He had gained enough recognition from those seniors in the Im’s, and with some flattery and bribery, all of these are sufficient to overthrow Nayeonie.”

 

“I have heard about that. The main problem would be, he is working in hand with Hyunjun now, for the drugs, and at this rate, they are going to control the black market soon.”

 

Cho Hyunjun, oldest son of the Cho’s, he is the young master and the successor of the group. Unlike his brother, Cho Joonyoung, who is still a kid and was hardly involve in any of the family business affairs, Hyunjun was picked and trained since a child to be the next successor. Smart and skillful, in recent years, Hyunjun have made quite a few major contribution to the Cho’s. He gave suggestion to his father’s business, acquiring and merging a few companies with the Cho’s. He also begins to pick up his father's footstep, joining the black market, fighting off those that poses a threat to their family business.

 

“What’s Nayeonie plan? We can’t always be the ones on the losing end could we?” A few years away from Korea, Kei had matured more than anyone expected, no one should ever judge her by her innocent and small build.

 

“She only told me that she is waiting for the right time to pull her trap. She had the connection with the cops, she will figure it out.” Sowon shrugged, she doesn't probe Nayeon regarding such things, she trusts her.

 

“Then what should we do to help her?” Kei tilts her head cutely. This is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter