4. My Family

The Revolution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

“Remember to call and make sure Momo and the girls reached home safely.” Unlocking her seat belt, Nayeon took her hand bag from the back seats. It was one of the day that Nayeon have her dinner back at her father’s place, wait, it is a mansion. She had moved out since her high school days, which she likes to call it as freedom. And now living with her girls in another mansion that is much smaller than this.

 

“Yeah, yeah, you have repeated several times already.” Jungyeon replied without much thoughts as she stops the car engine.

 

“I was worried that they would get lost. It’s the first time for the both of them to drive the girls back home.” It was the first time for Sana and Momo to drive the ‘kids’ home after receiving their license. They finally received it after numerous attempts and damaging unknown numbers of cars.

 

“There is an invention name GPS, just go in already, I don’t want to answer to your dad just because you nagged at me.” Jungyeon knows what Nayeon is worried about, she do too, but she have to assure the older.

 

“You really don’t want to go in with me?” Nayeon asked before stepping out of the car.

 

“No thank you, your dad hate us to core, I don’t want to be drilled by his eyes. Call me when the dinner end.” Jungyeon used her hand and demonstrated what Nayeon’s father will be doing, receiving a soft chuckle from Nayeon.

 

“Ms Im.” A guy approaches the car the moment Nayeon steps out of it.

 

“Jungyeon, remind them to complete their homework.” Nayeon reminded before she close the door.

 

“Just go in already.” Jungyeon mentally gave herself a face palm, when was she that ‘naggy’?

 

After making sure that Nayeon have safely entered the mansion, Jungyeon felt the vibration in her pocket. Her brows crossed when she saw the caller, it felt like there is bad news…

 

“Hello, Momo? Are you guys home already? Sana? Seriously, she is genius, she get lost even with a GPS. No, you shall wait at home, I’ll go get her.”

 

Starting up the engine within seconds, Jungyeon glance at the mansion’s gate and sigh. “Our mum is right on this one.”


 

“Dad.” Entering the dining hall after walking down the corridor, Nayeon oftens wonder why do they need to live in such a big house. His father is alone now, and probably with a few maids, butler and guards, there are still many guest and empty rooms, why would they need all these rooms for? She pity the maids for cleaning the place up after experiencing it herself for cleaning her house.

 

“Do you have to be late every time? We only have dinner together once a week.” Mr Im asked with his deep and hoarse voice as he taps on the dining table and look on his watch.  

 

“I’m sorry, I just want to make sure that the girls have reach home safely.” Nayeon explained.

 

“How many times do I have to remind you about this? You are their leader, they should be the one to ensure that you reach home safely, not the opposite.” Mr Im is unhappy that the fact that her daughter does not act like a leader.

 

“They are just kids.”

 

“They are old enough to wield a gun and knife to kill. You are suppose to be my successor not their babysitter.” Mr Im is definitely not satisfied with her daughter’s answer.

 

“Dad. We should just eat, let’s not talk about this.” Knowing that this topic will not lead to a great dining experience, Nayeon lift her cutlery and reach for the nearest dish, while changing the topic.

 

“Nayeon, you know I have to be strict with you. You have to take over my work sooner or later, I have to prepare you for that.”

 

“I know that dad. Let’s eat, the food are getting cold.” Nayeon tried to keep her cool and change the topic again. She knows that her father meant well for her, yet she does not agrees to what her father had said.

 

“Come down to the warehouse tomorrow, I want to introduce you to the everyone.”

 

“But didn’t you just introduce me to the hotels and casinos? Let me get familiar with it first?” Unlike Sowon who runs that ‘armory’, her father’s owned the ‘gambling den’ in the dark, and the casino in the light.

 

“You said this previously and a few times back. Why are you avoiding the warehouse.” Visiting the warehouse was the last thing Nayeon wants to. The warehouse is where all the shady and illegal work are done. Nayeon and Sowon have their thoughts of ending all of these ‘inherited or to be inherited’ work, and give everyone a proper job and life. With the revolution, no one would have to fight, die or lose their loves one.

 

“Fine, I get it. I’ll go, but I’m bringing my girls.” Nayeon knew she could not avoid this any more, she still have to ensure that she is the inheritor in order to start the revolution.

 

“You don’t understand do you. If you bring those girls there, no one would even respect you.” Mr Im slammed his fist on the dining table and stood up from his seat.

 

“If they judge us just because we are girls then I don’t need their respect.” Not backing down, Nayeon stood by her stand. She throws the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter