Side Story - Tonight

The Revolution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here, I make you hot tea instead of coffee.” With a tray and a cup of coffee, Jungyeon made her way into Nayeon’s room.

 

She watched as Nayeon frowned at her, the older requested for coffee and she purposely gave her the opposite.

 

“Too much of caffeine isn't good for you, and you drank 4 cups of it for today, that's enough.”

 

“Jungyeon.” Just like a baby, Nayeon opened her hands wide, asking for a hug.

 

Knowing that the older is having a hard time with all the work, Jungyeon went over and took Nayeon into an embrace. The latter place her head on the younger chest as she shut her eyes momentarily for a short break. Things have been tough these days and four cups of coffee won't even keep her up for the whole day.

 

“Tired?” Jungyeon slowly the back of Nayeon’s head, it's her way of showing her some support. She knows she wasn't a big help for the whole day, besides staying next to her, there is nothing much she could do. Everything on the table required her signature, and all of these needs to be scanned through thoroughly.

 

“Why not take a short break?” Still the oldest head, she can feel that their leader is on her verge of breaking, “You have been in this room the whole day.”

 

Looking down at the crown of her head, Jungyeon could only sigh silently. The younger is pretty sure that Nayeon is just resting her eyes but not her brain.

 

“You know, we are here to help. Although Jihyo and the kids are busy with school, Sana and Momo couldn't do most of the paper work, but I'm here.” Jungyeon speaks, lowering her volume knowing that Nayeon is actually now half asleep with her senses still alert.

 

“I know that.” The small head fidgetted and rubs a few times on her chest, showing a small smile.

 

“Let's call it a day shall we?” Jungyeon asked, hoping that she sounds persuasive and their leader would agree with it.

 

Lifting up her chin to allow their eyes meet, “Sleep or take a nap. I don't really like pandas, and I don't want you to be one.” Jungyeon continued.

 

With a slight nod, Jungyeon took Nayeon’s hand and brought her to her bed and tucked her in. Not making a move out of the room, she sat by the corner of the bed, next to Nayeon.

 

“Don't worry about anything, I'll be right here.” Jungyeon kept Nayeon’s hand held in hers, and a thumb slowly on the back of the small hand. Lifting her hand up, Jungyeon placed a light kiss on it, “I love you.”

 

“Love you too,” Nayeon replied as she felt her eyes getting heavier and close, calling a day for all the stresses and problems she faced.


 

 

Closing the cafe door with the keys given by their manager, Eunha calls it a day for her part time in the cafe. Before she could leave the place, she noticed the tall figure that was standing next to the door of the cafe, leaning against its glass wall.

 

“Oh, Sojung unnie, what are you doing here?”

 

“I heard from Yuju that you are working here, so I thought I should drop by and maybe walk you home.” Sowon smiled upon noticing Eunha arrival, she almost fell asleep standing and waiting.

 

“You could have come into the cafe, it's pretty chilly tonight.”

 

“It's alright, I don't want to disrupt your work. Your work had ended right?” Sowon looked around, and she didn't spot any other colleagues of Eunha. Taking note of the time on her watch, it's pretty late right now for a girl to head home alone.

 

“You don't have to walk me home, really, I'll be fine on my own.” Eunha awkwardly scratched the back of her neck, and Sowon wonders if the pink tint on the younger cheek is due to the cold weather.

 

“It's not that safe around here these days.” Sowon simply explained, and this is a fact, it hasn't been safe everywhere these days.

 

“Ah…” Eunha nodded, not wanting to ask further since the older will not answer her anyway.

 

“Let's go?” Eunha pointed towards the bus stop that is right ahead.

 

“Here,” Sowon removed her scarf that was keeping her warm and wrapped it around Eunha’s, “don't catch a cold.”

 

“Thank you.” The pink tint on her cheek became brighter as she held her head down, trying her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter