2. First Day in School

The Revolution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

“Ye...”

 

“I said call me Umji.” Yewon stopped SinB before the latter could finish her sentence.

 

“I’ve been calling you that since I knew you, give me sometime to get use to it, Umji.” SinB emphasized her pronunciation on the nickname as she scratched the back of her head in apology.

 

“What was it that you were going to say?”

 

“I left my wallet in the class, do you want to wait for me here? Yuju unnie should be here soon.” SinB look at her watch, it is lunch time now, Yuju of third year will be meeting them during the lunch.

 

“Go ahead, I'll wait here.”

 

“I'll be right back.” Not wanting her friends to wait too long for her, SinB ran all the way back to their class.

 

“Hey are you the newly transferred?” A group of guys approaches Yewon as she was waiting for SinB.

 

“Yes, I am?” Yewon took a quick look at their dressing. They got tattoo on their hand which should be covered by their school uniform, but the sleeves were rolled up. Their uniform were tucked out in untidy manner, and let's not talk how ‘styled’ their hair were.

 

“Great, let me inform you of a tradition in our school.” The guy a lollipop speaks. “Every students here have to give us some protection fee to protect them from some of the gangs in our school, namely the Im, Cho and Kang. And because you are transferred from other high school, we have to protect you from trouble of your ex-school as well, so the price will be doubled.”

 

“But who are you guys to protect all the students from the top gangs?” Yewon questioned.

 

“We are the dragons, the top four gangs in the district.” The leader proudly announced.

 

“But I remembered the Im, Cho and Kang are top four in the country.”

 

“No worries, the Im studying in the school are just a bunch of girls. They won’t want to mess with us anyway. We are on good terms with Cho and Kang.” The leader smirked

 

“It's alright, I don't have the money for the protection fee. And I don't really want you to protect me either.” Yewon speaks bluntly, top four gang of the district is not that strong if you think about it, she belongs to the top four in the country.

 

“Are you sure? Girls like you are easy targets of the Cho and Kang.”

 

“Yes I'm sure, thanks for the concern.” Yewon glanced at her surrounding, her friends are not here yet, and she was surrounded unknowingly.

 

“Hey, what are y'all doing?” A girl shouted and ran down the stairs pulling Yewon behind her.

 

“Come on babe, we are just greeting the transferee here.” The guy with lollipop is definitely the leader of the group here, a few students that joined the group late had greeted him.

 

“Greeting? You meant showing her what is a man made semicircle? We are leaving.” The girl seems to have a close relation with the leader, explaining the reason that she dare to speak to him at this moment. Students that walked passed either took a detour or took them as invisible. The girl took Yewon’s hand and tried to escape, but they are surrounded by group of guys that are of taller and stronger in terms of build, it is almost impossible to leave.

 

“Come on honey. I’m just going through the standard procedure with her, every student been through that. Don’t be jealous, you know very well that my eyes only lay on you, my sweetheart.” The guy took out his lollipop and steal a quick peck on the girl’s cheek. He then swirl his lollipop in the air as a signal to his underlings. The group separated the girl and Yewon, pushing the latter towards the wall.

 

“You have seen how strong are my boys. Do you want to change your mind now?” The leader threaten as he leaned closer towards Yewon, tightening his grip on Yewon’s hand so could not even escape.

 

“I'm really not interested in it.” Yewon speaks calmly, not even feared of the group. This is not really her first time being threatened and when SinB and Yuju is here, they could handle this number of them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter