Chapter 9

You're my life, ☺

 

"That'll be nice." Jinyoung commented as he walked out of the room grinning. "Yah! What are you trying to do?" Key questioned him. "I just want to find out, how would he react if he knows that one of us is his appa." Taemin frowned. "Starting to face reality only now?" Key smirked as he left the room. "Minho hyung, are you my appa?" Jinyoung went to ask him. "A-aniya. Wae?" Minho asked him in return. "Taemin hyung said one of you is my appa." Jinyoung frowned as he went into deep thought. "Ahhh. Taeminnie hyung is my appa right?!" Jinyoung suddenly shouted out loud. All of the SHINee members all gathered around Jinyoung and stared at him. "Hahahahaha." Jinyoung suddenly started laughing and rolling on the floor in fits of laughter. "I was just pulling your leg hyung." He giggled. The members let out a sigh of relief as they all fell back onto the floor. 

 

"Oh umma!" Jinyoung get up from the floor and ran to the door when the doorbell rang the next morning. "Hey baby!" Minjung smiled and thanked Onew as she walked into their dorm. "Have you eaten yet?" She asked him. "Deh~" Jinyoung grinned. "Hey Minjung, care to have some breakfast?" Key asked her. "Uhh… S-sure." Minjung said as she wasn't able to reject Key's kind offer. "Jinyoung ah! Let's go pick up some ingredients for lunch neh?" Minho called out. "We're leaving soon." Minjung said. "At least stay for lunch neh, to celebrate the end of recording!" Key made up some stupid excuse. "Oh-okay." Minjung said unsure of herself. "We're leaving!" Jinyoung called out and waved to Minjung as he left with Minho and Onew. Key and Jonghyun went to do the dishes. Her curiosity killed her as she tip toed towards Taemin's room when she heard I'm Yours playing on the keyboard. 

 

Taemin played the song again and stop singing when he heard a voice singing after him. He looked out the room and saw Minjung standing there singing along with tears in her eyes. Taemin stood up and guided her into the room closing the door behind him. He made her sit on the bed while he finished up the song for her. She was battling with tears in her eyes when he was done singing the song. He sat down beside her slowly and held her in his arms. She weeped in his chest grabbing the sleeves of his shirt tightly. "All better?" Taemin whispered to her. Minjung nodded and closed her eyes. He held her tight as they lay down on the single bed as Minjung slept in Taemin's arms. 

 

"We're home!" Jinyoung called out as he entered the house. "Hey Key hyung, Jjong hyung!" He greeted them. "Where's umma?" Jinyoung frowned to himself as he walked along the corridor of the bedroom. He peeped into Taemin's room when he saw Taemin sleeping with a person in his arms. Jinyoung tip toed into his room and towards the bed. He got a shocked of his life when he saw his umma in the arms of Taemin. So I was right. He thought to himself. "Taemin and umma are really in love." He whispered to himself. Taemin is my appa. A smile spread across his face as he went out back to the living room. 

 

"Lunch time!" Key called out to the rest. "Jinyoungie!" Onew called. "Deh Onew Ahjussi?" Jinyoung asked politely. Onew frowned. "Wae you calling me ahjussi? It's Onew hyung!" Onew told him. "Aniya, it's Onew ahjussi!" Jinyoung said as he helped Key set the table while sticking his tongue out at Onew. Minho saw and giggled at the sight. "It's nice having a little one in the house. Ahh~ I miss Yoogeun." Minho frowned. Jonghyun flicked his finger at Minho and said, "Aish. Stop dreaming." 

 

Taemin opened his eyes to the sight of Minjung sleeping soundly in his arms. Just like before. He thought to himself. As he kissed her forehead, her eyes fluttered opened and she beamed at his flawless face a sense of familiarity washed over her as she registered what had happened in her mind. "Lunch?" Taemin asked her breaking her thoughts. She nodded her head as Taemin got both of them out of the bed. Minjung went out to the dinning table first with Taemin coming from behind her moments later. "Umma!" Jinyoung called her over. Minjung smiled and sat beside Jinyoung. The lunch went on smoothly with everyone chatting around the table. Jinyoung was surprisingly happier than usual which made them wonder why. 

 

"Jinyoung!" Minjung called out. "Come on, we're going to grandma's today." She beamed at him calling him over. Taemin flinched at the mentioned of Minjung's mother. Ahh. That wicked witch. He frowned. "Umma, C-can we not go?" Jinyoung asked in a low timid voice. "It'll be okay baby." Minjung tried to comfort him. "Do you want me to go with you?" Taemin asked at the slipped of his tongue. "Wae? Taemin ahjussi do you know halmeoni?" Jinyoung asked him. Minjung glared at Taemin with her two round eyes. "A-aniya. I meant, do you want me to stay with you?" Taemin asked Jinyoung. "Then you wouldn't have to go to grandma's." Minjung looked at Jinyoung. "It's okay Taemin Ahjussi. We need to pay respects to the elders." Jinyoung got out from Minjung's arms and took Minjung's hand and led her out the door. "Thank you for today." Jinyoung bowed and went off with Minjung. "There's something weird about Jinyoung." Taemin said out loud. "I think so too." Key added on. 

 

"Ahhh! Halmeoni!" Jinyoung called out to his grandma. "Umma." Minjung greeted. Halmeoni ignored Minjung and picked Jinyoung up in her arms and started making small talks to Jinyoung leaving Minjung all alone. He kept saying how much he don't like umma but when he sees her he just runs into her arms. Minjung went up to her bedroom and was surprised to find that all her things were still there properly kept all these years. "Madam has not forgotten about you and always remind us to keep your room in proper condition. Not forgetting she also redid your study room into Jinyoung's bedroom." A lady voice suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "Lin!" Minjung turned around and enveloped her in a hug. "Aigoo, you're such a matured young lady now." Lin said. Minjung beamed and thanked her for taking care of her umma all these years. "Halmeoni! I think I found appa already!" Jinyoung whispered to his grandma. "Oh, chinja?" Grandma asked him in return. "Deh! It's Taemin ahjussi!" Jinyoung whispered in her ear. "Ohhh." Grandma nodded her head. "Halmeoni! Can we get appa and umma back together again?" Jinyoung asked her.