Chapter 3

You're my life, ☺

 

"And who's this little boy here?" Taemin greeted Jinyoung as he smirked. Taemin reached out to pinch Jinyoung's cheek but Minjung immediately pulled Jinyoung away. "Umma, it's okay. Taemin oppa is really nice. He won't hurt me." Jinyoung said as he pushed Minjung's hands away from his shoulders. With a worried face, Minjung watched how Jinyoung and Taemin interacted with one another. Jinyoung giggled when Taemin reached out for a high five, then proceeding on to Jonghyun. Jinyoung turned around and looked at Minjung while Jonghyun was signing his album. He tugged on his umma then whispered in his ear, "Taemin hyung says umma is really pretty neh." He giggled. "Jjong oppa, jjang!" Jinyoung gave Jonghyun a two thumbs up. "Aigoo, you're a pretty baby neh." Minho said when it was finally his turn. "Of course, because my umma and my appa had me!" Jinyoung giggled. "Umma is the best woman in the whole wide world. Even Taemin hyung said she's the prettiest." He took his album back from Minho. "Kamsahamnida Minho hyung." He said as Minjung carried him off stage. 

 

"It's time to release the results now!" The MC announced. Everyone gathered near the stage awaiting for the results. "Jinyoung ah~ Even if you didn't win. You know that umma is so proud of you neh?" Minjung told him. "Of course, those hyungs and unnies are so good. I can't beat them." Jinyoung said as he played with Minjung's hair. "And the winner goes to … …" Everyone started screaming names while Jinyoung buried himself in his umma's neck and hide from the result. "Lee!" The MC shouted, "Congratulations to Lee Jin Young!" Everyone turned and looked at Minjung with Jinyoung in her arms. "You won, baby! You won!" Minjung tapped Jinyoung as she whispered to him. Everyone applauded loudly when Jinyoung went up the stage on his own. The MC handed him a trophy which was almost as tall as him and a contract. 

 

Jinyoung placed the trophy on the floor beside him as he held the mike with two hands. "Thank you everyone for giving me the chance to win. I want to thank my one and only Minjung umma," He said as he searched for his mother among the crowd. "Umma?" He spoke into the mike as the audience giggled. Minjung waved at him embarrassingly. "Even though appa isn't here, you always love me and take care of me. This trophy is for you." He said, the audience awed as a response. Isn't she married to the Cho Corporations guy? Taemin thought to himself. Why does Jinyoung says that he doesn't have a appa?! He frowned thinking really hard. She knocked herself up after I left her. Wow, she's sure fast. Taemin smirked at her. Minjung quickly turned away as she found herself staring at Taemin unknowingly. "And the next person I want to thank is Kyuhyun hyung! He takes care of my umma and I a lot. Kamsahamnida Kyuhyun hyung!" He said as he bowed. "And lastly, my dance school teacher, Ms Jung! She selected me out of many other people and believed in my abilities." He stared at the MC signaling that he was done. But apparently, the MC didn't really understand it. "Annyeong." Jinyoung said after the long pause. The MC quickly took the mike from him. He took the trophy with him down the stage and walked towards his mother. "Umma, look!" He pointed to the trophy. "It's so huge!" He giggled. 

 

The event manager came looking for them after the whole event. "Hi, Ms Choi. My name is Jieun and I'm here to let you know SHINee's schedule. It would mean that you will have to stay in Seoul for a period of time. accommodation and airfare will be paid for you so you wouldn't have to worry. I would say you'll have to be there for about 3 weeks?" Jieun waited for Minjung's answer. "I'm sorry but, I have.." She was going to finish what she wanted to say when Kyuhyun cut her, "She meant that, she has got no obligations." Minjung turned and looked at Kyuhyun wide-eyed. "Thank you so much, I will be sending you an email with all the details soon." Jieun told her. "I'm glad to be working with you." Jieun said as she shook both Minjung's and Kyuhyun's hand. "Mr Cho," Minjung turned around and said. "Yah! It's Kyuhyun oppa~ Outside work. Not Mr Cho or Kyuhyun-ssi!" Kyuhyun said. "I'd have to go back to Seoul for a few weeks as well to visit my family and attend some meetings, shouldn't the secretary tag along as well?" Kyuhyun asked her. "Aigoo," Kyuhyun said as he picked Jinyoung up, "We're going to Seoul, are you excited?!" Kyuhyun asked Jinyoung. "Aniya." Jinyoung shook his umma. "There's a lot of memories umma had with appa in Seoul, umma will be sad when we go there. I want umma to be happy." Jinyoung told Kyuhyun potuing. Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows and pondered on what Jinyoung said. 

 

"Hey!" Onew said as SHINee walked over to where they were standing. "Good job little one!" Key said as they high five. "Aniya, it's nothing." Jinyoung said as he beamed shyly. "So we'll see you in Seoul soon neh?" Minho asked Jinyoung. "Aniya, I don't want the first prize anymore. Can I just have the second prize?" Jinyoung asked them. The SHINee members look at each other weirdly before Taemin asked him why. "Cause umma will be sad when she goes to Seoul." He explained to them. "She has too many good memories with… …" Jinyoung's words were cut off by Minjung's hand which covered his mouth. "He meant that it isn't a place suitable for us." Minjung giggled awkwardly looking at Taemin. "But, it's a really good exposure and opportunity for Jinyoung! He is so talented and it seems that he like this line!" Onew exclaimed. "Deh~! I really want to be a singer and a dancer next time! Umma told me that my appa was a good …" Jinyoung's voice trailed off when she covered Jinyoung's mouth. "We have to go now, thank you for the offer, but we will consider it and let you guys know again." Minjung picked Jinyoung up and bowed slightly before leaving. "We'll be waiting!" Key shouted back at them. 

 

Taemin blew his bangs, who does that kid belong to? He frowned. "Yah!" Key called Taemin. "YAH! LEE TAE MIN!" Key screamed into his ears. "Yah! Hyung, waeyo?" He frowned. "It's her isn't it?" Minho asked Taemin. "Aniya." Taemin tried to deny. "I knew it." Key smirked. "It's all on your face!" Jonghyun scowled. "Don't worry, we will convince her to come!" Key winked at Taemin and got into the van. 

 

"Do you really want to go Jinyoung-ah?" Minjung asked him. "A-aniya… N-not real-ly." Jinyoung pouted and told Minjung. "If you really want to go umma could bring you neh?" She smiled at him. "Are we gonna see grandma?" Jinyoung pouted. "Grandma don't really like me neh…" Jinyoung frowned. "She doesn't like umma cause of appa." He sighed and laid on Minjung's shoulder. Minjung patted him. "It's okay baby, we can make grandma change her mind neh?" She said, "You know what Baby? Let's go to Seoul neh?" She beamed. "Chinja?" Jinyoung looked into his mother's warm eyes. "Chinja?! Chinjia?! Chinja, umma?!" He moved up and down in his mother's arms. "Deh~" Minjung told him warmly. "YAY! WE'RE GOING TO SEOUL!" Jinyoung shouted.