Chapter 7

You're my life, ☺

 

Minjung walked into the apartment with heavy shoulders. The tears from before were still rolling down her rosy cheeks. She threw her bag on the sofa and went into the kitchen to pick up a fork. She opened the lunchbox and started stuffing the toasts into as if she hadn't eaten for years. As she ate them the memories from before float back, as she ate them she recalled the emotions she had back when Taemin first cooked this dish for her. It was full of memories that she couldn't forget and that were deeply erected in her heart. 

 

"Kyuhyun hyung!" Jinyoung ran out of the dance studio and into Kyuhyun's arms. His eyes wandered around hoping to find Minjung waiting for him behind but she was nowhere to be found. "Where's umma?" Jinyoung asked as his eyebrows arched into a frown. "Umma's busy at work. We'll see her at home neh?" Kyuhyun tried to convince him. "A-ar-raso," Jinyoung pouted. "Kyuhyun hyung shall bring you to eat ice cream neh? Then we go home okay?" Kyuhyun asked him. "Chinja?!" Jinyoung said as he applauded, "Jinyoungie haengbokae neh!" Kyuhyun grinned and fastened him at the back seat of the car. 

 

"Hmm… The ice cream was jjang neh!" Jinyoung grinned as he the last scoop of his chocolate ice cream. "Aigoo, look at your mouth baby." Kyuhyun said as he helped to wipe the ice cream off. "Kyuhyun hyung! Could we buy some ice cream for umma as well?" Jinyoung asked. "Of course we can baby! Go choose two flavors neh?" Kyuhyun asked Jinyoung. "Deh!" Jinyoung shouted as he ran to the ice cream counter and picked two of his mother's favorite flavor. "All done Kyuhyun hyung!" He shouted out. Kyuhyun made the payment as they left for the apartment. 

 

Minjung went to take a hot, long shower to calm herself down and changed into comfortable clothes. She then made her way into the kitchen and starting preparing dinner for Jinyoung and Kyuhyun. The front doors suddenly burst open with a screaming Jinyoung running through the fronts doors with Kyuhyun trailing him behind. "Umma! I'm home!" Jinyoung called out as he pull his shoes out from his feet. "Oh my baby boy's home!" Minjung came out of the kitchen and picked Jinyoung up. "Umma.. Why are your eyes so swollen?" Jinyoung frowned. "Aniya, they just itch sometimes." Minjung came up with a fake excuse. "Ara." Jinyoung mumbled trying to accept the stupid reason his mother tried to come up with. 

 

"You know?" Kyuhyun walked into the balcony as he spoke to Minjung from behind her back after dinner. "Jinyoung is a very mature young boy. He understands you Minjung. He knows how you feel. It's very obvious that he did not accept your stupid excuse you gave him earlier. It's not fair to keep away from his father Minjung. It's just not fair. Everyone deserves a chance, and that includes Taemin. I know he's still in your heart filling up every space there is available. Don't think I don't know Minjung. But it's written all over your face." Kyuhyun tried to talk to her. He then heard Minjung's sniffles and went over to pull her into a hug. 

 

"Kyuhyun oppa. Kamsahamnida for all that you've given me. Thank you for loving me so much even when I have nothing for you in return." Minjung said as she let the tears flow down her cheeks. "H-he asked me to stay." Minjung mumbled. "Minjung ah, you know whatever decision you make. Oppa will be here for you neh?" Kyuhyun said as he comforted her and kissed her head. "Komawoyo oppa." Minjung said as she stepped aside and wiped her tears away.  "I'll handwash this shirt for you neh." Minjung told Kyuhyun. "Minjung ah, just put it in the washing machine." Kyuhyun said as he messed her hair. "Jaljayo." Kyuhyun said giving her a final cuddle. "Neh, sweet dreams oppa." Minjung said as she took her leave. 

 

"Hello?" Minjung answered the call the following day. "Hi, Minjung-ssi. I'm SHINee's Manager here. Mianhae, but we need you guys here for another week. We need Jinyoung to promote along with SHINee. Is it okay with you?" The manger asked Minjung. Would it be okay if I said no?! Would it be ing okay if I said no?! The thoughts screamed in her mind. "Hello? Minjung-ssi?" The Manager spoke through the phone. "Ah~ It's okay. It's okay." Minjung told the manager politely. "Thanks so much! I'll email you the schedule as soon as possible!" The manager said as she hung up the phone. 

 

Minjung knocked on Kyuhyun's door before entering. "Come in!" Kyuhyun called out. "Kyuhyun-ssi." Minjung greeted before walking towards his desk. "Yes, can I help?" Kyuhyun asked her. "We'd have to stay in Seoul for another week cause the manager said that they needed Jinyoung to promote along with SHINee." Minjung told him. "Ah. That's okay. We'll stay for another week then, there's some stuffs not done yet anyway." Kyuhyun told her. "Deh. Kamsa." She bowed and left the office. Before she went out the door, Kyuhyun said, "Isn't it good? There's more time for you to figure things out." Minjung took a deep breath and closed the door behind her before collapsing on the floor.