Part 1

You're my life, ☺

 

"Appa~" Five years old Lee Jin Young spoke as he wrote in his diary "Umma scolded me today for not finishing my carrots. Umma then mumbled to herself. Something like, Just like your appa. Appa, I miss you." He frowned. He shut his diary and placed it in his drawer. "Lee Jin Young!" Minjung called him from the living room. "Deh~ umma?" He trotted from his bedroom to the living room. "Time to practice your violin." She told him. Jinyoung picked up the violin and serenade his umma in her favorite tune, I'm Yours. Minjung clapped and sang along to it.

 

"Good afternoon, this is Mr Cho's Secretary. May I help you?" Minjung spoke into the phone the following afternoon. "Hi, Ms Choi. This is Ms Jung, Jinyoung's teacher. I'm afraid that Jinyoung has caused some trouble in school and you should come down and get him." The teacher informed her. "Deh~" Minjung hung up and started packing her belongings. When she was done, she knocked onto her boss's door and waited for the signal to enter. "Mr Cho, I'm really sorry but I have to go get Jinyoung from school right now." She told her boss. "Arraso," He told her, "I'll give you a ride." He offered. "No, it's okay." She rejected him politely. "It's okay. Anyway, I have a meeting to attend as well. It's on the way." He told her as he took his jacket off the hook.

 

"Kamsa Mr Cho." Minjung said. "Yah, how many times have I told you?! It's Kyuhyun for you. Is it that difficult?" Kyuhyun said and frowned. "Kamsa Kyuhyun-ssi." Minjung said as she closed the car door behind her and sprinted to the classroom. Kyuhyun shook his head and drove off. "Pabo," He muttered under his breath.

 

"Sorry for making you come all the way down Ms Choi, but Jinyoung fought with his classmate earlier because his classmate laughed at him." The teacher explained to Minjung. "Remember last week where there was a father-son event? Everyone else father came except Jinyoung's." She said then frowned taking her leave. Because Mr Cho, couldn't even make it due to the emergency shareholder's meeting. Minjung thought as she walked towards Jinyoung.

 

"Jinyoung ah~" Minjung called out. Jinyoung turned around and smiled at Minjung. "Umma~" He called out and ran towards her. She picked him up and cuddled him in her arms. "Mianhae~" She whispered in his ear. "Aniya, umma it's my fault for fighting with people." Jinyoung told his umma. "Come let's go get strawberry ice cream!" She told Jinyoung. "Chinja?" Jinyoung asked her. "Umma, Chinja Chinja?" he asked again and again. Just like your appa, she thought to herself. You remind me so much about him, I'm glad I have you. She squeezed him suddenly. Jinyoung got a shock due to the sudden squeeze. He placed his small palm on his umma's cheek. "Were you thinking of appa again?" He frowned. "Aniya," Minjung smiled weakly.

 

"See you later umma!" Jinyoung shouted as he opened the doors to his dance school. Minjung waved and watched him disappear behind the doors. You love dancing and you dance so well just like your appa. She thought to herself again. Everything reminds me of him. She drove to the supermarket and did her grocery shopping.

 

Aish, the hardest to get here in Singapore is the banana milk. She searched the shelves of the supermarket refrigerator but to no avail. She sighed as she picked two cartons of strawberry milk instead. "Yah, did you know that. There's this dance competition in a few weeks time where SHINee is going to judge in Singapore? The winner will get to spend a day with them!" Minjung overheard a few girls squealing in the supermarket. Minjung frowned and pushed her trolley towards the cashier. We'd have to go out of town then.

 

"How's class today Jinyoung?" Minjung picked him up from dance school after her grocery shopping. "It was good umma!" He chuckled. "My Teacher chose me to represent our dance school for the upcoming K-pop dance competition where the idol group SHINee is going to judge!" He exclaimed. Oh no, Minjung thought to herself. "Oh, why did your teacher picked you baby?" She asked him. "The teacher said I dance really well and I look like one of the judges in the idol group!" He pouted. "I daa naaa umma, can we go google his picture later?" He asked her innocently, "Okay, but you'll have to go shower first baby." She told him. "Deh~ umma." Jinyoung said as he saluted.

 

Jinyoung came out of the toilet with his hair dripping wet. "Aigoo." Minjung said as she took a towel to help dry his hair. "Kamsa umma." Jinyoung said when his hair is finally dry. "I'm going to do my homework now." Jinyoung told Minjung as he took out his books and started working on his math question. Minjung smiled meekly as she took out her laptop and started reading her emails. "Umma, I'm done!" Jinyoung said happily an hour and a half later. "Can we do the research on SHINee now?" He asked his mother. "Sure," Minjung told him as she typed in their name on YouTube.

 

Jinyoung became engrossed in their videos and music. "Wow! Umma! This hyung, Taemin, is really good!" Jinyoung exclaimed as he pointed to the person. And that person is your appa whom you look like. Minjung thought to herself and frowned. "Umma? Umma?" He shook her lightly. "Were you thinking of appa again?" He asked her. "You weren't listening to me." He frowned. "Mianhae, baby." Minjung patted his head. "Its time for bed now neh? Go read your book and sleep, arraso?" Minjung told him. "Neh." He pecked Minjung on her lips and said, "Goodnight umma. Sweet dreams."

 

Taemin stretched as he came out of the radio studio. "Finally! We're done with our schedule!" He said as he drank his carton if banana milk. He took out his phone and checked for messages. After he was done, he looked at his phone's wallpaper with your face on it. It's been so many years, I wonder how you're doing, he thought to himself. "Tae! Let's go!" Onew called him. He snapped out of his thoughts and followed behind the rest of s.

 

"Were you thinking about her again?" Onew asked him. "A-Aniya." Taemin denied. "As if I'd believe you." Onew said. "Why don't you go look for her?!" Minho asked him. "If not, you'll go crazy sooner or later." Minho said as he chuckled. "I don't even know where is she now." Taemin frowned. "Yah, do you know there's such thing as a PI?" Key told him.