Chapter 28

Love Is Not All Like That

Jessica was silent, watching Sooyoung’s eyes that were hard. His pupils had diluted into a light shade of red, it was quickly coated with some patches of blue. Sooyoung had calmed down, seating himself on the edge of the bed. He rested his elbows on his lap, staring at the floor as he tried to make sense of his thoughts. It was very quiet, except for Sooyoung’s rapid breathing and Jessica’s pounding heartbeat. Sooyoung didn’t move from his spot when he felt warm arms wrap around him, both of them wincing slightly at the pull in Jessica’s wound.

“I’m sorry,” Jessica murmured, her lips grazing against his ear. “I didn’t mean to say it that way. I couldn’t help it. I’m sorry.”

Sooyoung turned slightly, holding onto Jessica’s arm as gently as he could, and gave her a small, forgiving smile that said everything. His fingers brushed lightly against the sore wound, but Jessica didn’t flinch this time. Sooyoung then shot a nasty look to the window, glaring at the descending snowflakes outside.

“Why?” Jessica rocked their bodies slowly.

“Why what?”

“Why were you glaring at the window?”

“Oh, that. It’s just too bad that it’s winter now. I would’ve taken you somewhere at least,” Sooyoung made a face.

“I don’t need to be anywhere else but here with you,” Jessica breathed, planting a small kiss on his cheek.

Sooyoung sighed anyway, but figured that at least she was there with him. He heard the door click outside and the sound of boisterous laughter and heavy footsteps of boots that sounded so familiar. Immediately, Sooyoung shot up, careful not to hurt Jessica, and went for the door.

“Hey, remember what I told you? Boots, off,” he heard Tiffany say to the unknown stranger.

The stranger chuckled and there was a thump as the boots fell to the floor. “Hey, princess, you should be a little more—”

“What are you doing here?” Sooyoung growled menacingly.

Taeyeon stopped talking, his glowering eyes drilling holes in Sooyoung. Tiffany was frozen at the spot as she watched the two confronting each other. Even if they weren’t, Tiffany could almost picture two hungry wolves circling each other. Jessica appeared through the door not long after.

Taeyeon?” she said rather breathlessly, as if it took her all she had to say his name.

“You know him?” Tiffany frowned; something was not right.

“I know one thing he is,” Sooyoung said, not taking his eyes off his brother, “a liar.”

“Watch your language with me. I don’t like being mocked. At least I haven’t done anything yet,” Taeyeon looked at the small scar underneath Jessica’s chin, where Sooyoung had bitten her some time ago.

Sooyoung snarled and charged at Taeyeon, crashing against the dinning table with a loud crash. Glass littered all over the floor as Sooyoung brought his hand back, swinging it onto Taeyeon’s face with a meaty thud. Tiffany and Jessica could only recoil away and hug each other as they watched the brothers fighting. Taeyeon grabbed a handful of glass and grabbed Sooyoung’s exposed arm tightly, so that the shards of glass penetrated his flesh and embedded themselves there. Jessica and Tiffany knew that they had to stop the fight, or they would have killed each other and wrecked their dorm. Swiftly, Jessica pried Sooyoung’s fingers off Taeyeon’s shoulders and hugged him tightly, distracting him momentarily. Tiffany lay on top of Taeyeon, shielding him from any attacks as well as getting him to realise that she was there.

“Okay, are you both in the right minds now? Can you both think straight now?” Jessica reprimanded, pulling away from Sooyoung.

Sooyoung was staring guiltily at the floor while Taeyeon had gotten to his feet, dusting his clothes and smoothing out the wrinkles. Tiffany glared at Taeyeon for his inexcusable behaviour.

“Can you first tell me how you guys know each other?” Tiffany demanded.

“You’ve got guts now, little brother,” Taeyeon answered the question as he shot a disgusted look at Sooyoung.

“You guys are brothers?”

“Yes, Tiff,” Jessica confirmed, going over to her best friend’s side.

Both of them crossed their arms. “Now, tell me what I’m going to do with the both of you.”

Sooyoung and Taeyeon glared at each other, getting ready to get at it again, but Jessica cleared .

“It’s not me who’s in the wrong now,” Sooyoung murmured with contempt.

“I’ll tear your throat out if you say that again,” Taeyeon simply replied.

“Try me.”

Taeyeon rose to his full height and prepared to grab Sooyoung’s throat with one hand, fingers ready to dig into Sooyoung’s flesh.

“Stop!” Tiffany spat and Taeyeon went back to staring at the floor with dejected guilt.

Jessica sighed and rubbed her temples. “Clean this up. I’ll be back to check in half-an-hour’s time. If it’s not done, you won’t be able to come back here ever again.

“Sica—”

“NOW!” the two brothers jerked the moment she yelled, and began sweeping up the floor, picking up the glass shards and getting rid of it carefully. Then they moved the mess of the dining table, what was left of it, of course. All this while, Jessica had pulled Tiffany into her room.

“Jess…I should really explain…” Tiffany mumbled, playing with her fingers nervously.

“You mean explain how you met him? Explain how you didn’t tell me?”

Tiffany flinched at the anger ringing in Jessica’s voice. It was like an echo behind every word she had said. Tiffany knew that she might even be punished along with the boys outside. After all, Jessica was HellSica.

 

Readers’ Note:

TaeNy and SooSica finally meet. Both of them are angry at each other. It’s like couple wars. Sorry if this . I can guarantee you that Taeyeon and Sooyoung will fight, as in really fight. That will come soon enough.

Thank you for reading!

Yours Faithfully
Jazzign