Chapter 27

Love Is Not All Like That

“Its winter and you want to go there? Aren’t you cold?” Taeyeon asked disbelievingly.

Snow had piled up on the pavement, creating another layer of snow, and the trees had lost all their leaves to the autumn before. Simply said, the park was the last place you would visit on a winter day when everyone would usually be around the fireplace, sipping hot cocoa and playing with their young nieces and nephews. Tiffany nodded eagerly and grabbed him by his arm, pulling him to the park. He didn’t resist, knowing that he had agreed to let Tiffany take over.

“Hey, wait! Let’s go somewhere warmer,” Taeyeon suggested but was waved away and forced to sit on a bench after pushing the snow off the wooden seat.

“You said that I’m taking over today. So, you have to do what I tell you to and you will go where I want you to,” Tiffany crossed her arms with a smug and satisfied smile.

Internally, Taeyeon groaned. What have I gotten myself into? But he put on a smile and ignored the water from the melted snow seeping into his clothes. Tiffany rubbed her hands together and blew on them. Taeyeon watched in amusement.

“So…you just want to freeze to death here?”

“Hey, sitting here isn’t all that we’re going to do,” she frowned.

“I take it that you’re not experienced in this too?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes at him. Of course she was used to this setting. Countless of men had asked her out and many with brains had brought her out here to the park. After so many of that, she finally realised why.

“You don’t know why I brought you here, don’t you?”

Taeyeon shook his head. Tiffany bent down, her torso against her knees, as she rolled the snow gathered at her feet into a ball. All this while, Taeyeon had been clueless as to what she had been doing and just watched intently.

“This is the reason why,” Tiffany proudly showed him the snowball in her hand.

“I don’t get it,” Taeyeon stated bluntly.

Instead of replying, Tiffany threw the snowball at Taeyeon, hitting him squarely on the face. Taeyeon froze, eyes closed from the unexpected snowball attack. Finally understanding, he wiped the fast-melting snow off his face and grinned at his new opponent.

“You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into,” he shot to his feet and collected snow in his hands.

Tiffany laughed at how obtuse he was. She took shelter behind a tree, peeking from the sides to see if Taeyeon had finally managed to spot her. As Tiffany turned, Taeyeon was directly behind her. She managed to yelp before Taeyeon smashed the snow in her face, smearing it all over so that Tiffany now had a mask of snow. Tiffany fumed while Taeyeon rolled about in laughter. She kicked the tree and the piles of snow trapped on the branches cascaded upon him. He burst out of the snow pile, throwing snow balls from the snow around him. Tiffany squealed, laughing as she ran from his onslaught. They spent their first ‘date’ like that, tossing snowballs around, laughing and trying to catch each other. By the end of their ‘date’, Tiffany was panting, hands on her knees, while Taeyeon was laughing and pointing at her face.

“Hey,” Tiffany said in between breaths, “aren’t you even tired?”

“I’m never tired!” Taeyeon did a fist pump. “Oh? Hey, the sun is setting. We should get back before you freeze to death out here.”

Taeyeon waited for Tiffany to catch her breath, but when Tiffany didn’t even move, Taeyeon looped his arm around her waist and dragged her to her dorm.

“We should do this more often, princess.”

~~

“Sooyoung, pass me the ice-pack,” Jessica held her hand out.

“You should really learn to say please,” Sooyoung smiled slyly as he grabbed the ice-pack and sauntered over to the bed instead of giving it to her.

“Come on, it hurts.”

“I know,” Sooyoung went for her lips, planting a soft kiss there and pressing the ice-pack gently against her wound.

Jessica flinched as the ice-pack touched her arm. She leaned back into the pillows, clenching her teeth as the stinging cold of the ice-pack began to numb her wound. Sooyoung lay next to her, watching her face quietly. There was a soft expression about his face that seemed to smooth out all his facial features. He gave a small, unknowing smile that made Jessica’s heart flutter.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Jessica blushed; her cheeks tinted a scarlet red.

“You look just like her,” Sooyoung whispered before he could stop himself.

As if by instinct, Jessica shot to her feet, wincing slightly at the pain in her arm, as she glared at Sooyoung with darkened, piercing eyes. Sooyoung, feeling the turmoil of emotions in his heart flinched at the sudden change, but reached out to grab Jessica.

“Jessica, please,” Sooyoung pleaded as he tried to touch her arm, but she recoiled away from him.

“Who is ‘her’? Who looks like me?” Jessica demanded.

“Jessica—” Sooyoung began, but was interrupted.

“Tell me now, Choi Sooyoung!”

“I can’t love! I can’t love you like I loved her, okay? You know why? Because it was taken away from me! They have taken it away from me!” Sooyoung finally exploded.

But no matter how angry or sad he was, no tears could fall from his eyes, because even that much was taken away from him. His tears, his dreams, love; everything was taken away simply because of the fact that angels were selfish. Even so, he was afraid that the angels would take away the one thing he had now; Jessica.

 

Readers’ Note:

Hey, readers. Sorry if I haven’t been updating too regularly. I’m going to need some help here, readers. What would you want to make happen?

  1. TaeNy meets Soosica
  2. Sooyoung faces off with Yuri
  3. Neither. Others:____________

Please do tell me!

Thank you for reading!

Yours Faithfully
Jazzign