Chapter 14

Love Is Not All Like That

Taeyeon landed on his feet silently, and straightened from his crouch, scanning the unfamiliar place with contempt. All this while, he had never stepped on school grounds; it reminded him of Mi Young too much, but that was now overdriven by the need to punish Sooyoung rightfully as he deserved to be. He knew that there was no way that Sooyoung would return to their old, rented apartment not too far away and would be lurking around the school grounds. He smiled evilly to himself as he recalled seeing how weak Sooyoung had been before. The minor decoy Taeyeon had set up for Sooyoung and his partner had sapped most of his energy off him, and this made Taeyeon even edgier and excited of his plan. His brother was starved, and it didn’t make sense to him, knowing that Sooyoung was a shikshin.

“Ah…conscience…I used to have one too, before I shut it up,” Taeyeon sighed happily.

He then heard footsteps behind him, and whirled around, only to be frozen by pure eyes that were literally windows to her soul, and an innocent, angelic face that was timeless. The name stuck in his throat, and he lacked the will to force it out. The sight of her made him think back to when they were at school long ago. That sight damned him and left him to ruin, but he wanted to see it again badly. The moon granted my wish…

“Hello?” the girl waved a hand in the frozen Taeyeon’s face. “Look, I’m sorry. I just need to pass by. Sorry, but please excuse me.”

“Mi Young?” Taeyeon managed to say her name again and it hurt, really badly.

The girl’s well-defined eyebrows arched into an expression of confused amusement, “You must have mistaken me for someone else. I’m not Mi Young.”

The girl was about to pass by Taeyeon, but he caught her by the wrist, in a grip that would have been painful if she had not looked deep in his onyx eyes. The moment Taeyeon touched the girl, his eyes rushed into a pale, light blue that seemed darker around the irises. No, it can’t be…

The girl gasped at the change in his eyes, and tried to squirm out of his grasp, only to have him hold her by a tighter grip. When she finally realised that he wasn’t going to let her go easily, she whimpered.

“Please, don’t hurt me,” she was shivering now, aware of the murders that had taken place in her town. “Please…let me go.”

“What if I told you no? What if I want you to come with me?” Taeyeon’s deep eyes bore into hers.

“I…I don’t want to go with you, now please let me go,” she tried to pry off his fingers, but he was simply too strong for her.

“I’m not taking no as an answer,” Taeyeon wrapped his arms around her and the girl only saw darkness.

~~

Her eyes opened, and they squinted at the bright light. Is it…is it morning already?I had a nightmare, right? It was only a nightmare…and where am I? She looked around, trying not to burst into tears and screaming for help. It might be the last thing she ever did. She was in a bedroom, on a stranger’s bed. The room was quaint, with a bedside table and a dressing table that was pushed to the far corner of the room. She patted her pockets for her phone, which was missing. Cursing, she let her hands fall onto the soft bed by her sides. Something caught her attention. A brown paper-bag sat on the bedside table, folded at the creases. Carefully, she reached out for it, and took it in her trembling hands. She unfolded the folds and peeked at the contents of the paper-bag, expecting to find something gruesome and bloody. Instead, there were only a couple of sandwiches, and they looked appetising to the hungry Tiffany who had not eaten since last night. She set them aside, careful not to touch what might not be hers.

“It’s for you,” the sudden voice made Tiffany’s head snap up and stare at Taeyeon, who was lounging lazily against the doorframe.

Tiffany had not realised that the door was open and had not noticed Taeyeon standing there at all. As Taeyeon slowly approached her, she backed away until her back was against the headboard. His expression that was once hopeful morphed into sheer contempt, then to innocent amusement. Tiffany flinched at the abrupt changes, doubting Taeyeon’s humanity and sanity.

“Please…please don’t hurt me,” she pleaded, the scene being all too familiar with her.

Taeyeon frowned, and then looked away. “I’m not sure if I can help myself.”

“Please,” Taeyeon realised that she was at the mercy of a stranger who might not even be sane.

He looked at those mystifying brown eyes that were now glistening with unshed tears. He had always hated it when Mi Young cried, and he had always been there to catch her tears, except that one last time…

“I won’t hurt you,” Taeyeon promised, not even sure why he was saying such things. “Now, would you please eat?”

“What…what do you want with me?”

“I want to know your name and who you really are.”

 

Readers’ Note:

TaeNy finally meets! I’ve been way too excited for this chapter. I myself can’t wait to see how their relationship develops! Knowing Taeyeon, it’s not going to be a good future where they’re headed. Like I have said before, TaeNy will always be TaeNy, in life and death. There will be SooSica soon. Can’t guarantee when though. Just keep a heads up!

Thank you for reading!

Yours Faithfully
Jazzign