Chapter 22

Love Is Not All Like That

The group of girls scampered before the terrifying sight of her saviour, with their ‘fearless’ leader leading them out the door. Only SeoHyun remained, the butterfly knife in her frozen hand as she could only stare at the figure with wide eyes. Jessica recognized the figure despite never seeing him before.

“You’re Sooyoung’s brother,” she breathed, cradling her bloody arm carefully.

Frightening blue eyes stared at her. “It’s Taeyeon.”

As soon as she said it, another figure came bursting through the doors. This time, the figure was frantic and panicky instead of calm and composed like how Taeyeon had been. Jessica could make out the detailed and well-defined face of the tall boy.

“Jessica?” the familiar voice boomed throughout the empty classroom.

“Sooyoung!” Jessica found herself in the familiar, warm embrace of the tall giant, avoiding any contact with her injured arm.

Sooyoung wiped the tears on her cheeks and his nose wrinkled. Smelling blood, he looked down onto Jessica’s wounded arm, the blood dripping onto the floor onto a collected pool of blood underneath Jessica’s desk. His tortured eyes came to look up at her, and she gave him a painful smile.

“So,” the velvety voice interrupted. “What do we do with this one?”

Jessica and Sooyoung turned to see Taeyeon brushing SeoHyun’s hair with his gloved hand. He smelled her sweet skin, inhaling the scent of the trembling girl.

“You smell…sweet,” Taeyeon murmured, playing with SeoHyun’s brown locks.

“Taeyeon…stop. Leave her alone. She didn’t do anything. She was forced to,” Jessica gave SeoHyun a small smile which the junior returned.

Taeyeon huffed, not moving. His shoulders slumped with disappointment and his hands fell to his sides. Carelessly, he motioned towards the open doors. Taking that as her cue to leave, SeoHyun hastened towards the exit.

“Tell your friends to be nice or they’ll see me again!” Taeyeon shouted after her.

Sooyoung was examining Jessica’s wound, flinching when he felt Jessica’s pain. While Sooyoung was examining her wound, Jessica was busy examining him.

“If I were you, I wouldn’t leave her alone for a while. Seeing of what they’re capable of doing,” Taeyeon shrugged and casted a dark look at the door, “you should be ready to protect her, not to sulk around after what I’ve told you.”

Sooyoung glared at Taeyeon, but flinched again when Jessica moved her arm.

“I am—”

“Weak,” Taeyeon finished for him, earning another glare from Sooyoung and a confused stare from Jessica. “You’re weak, and you know that.”

“I’m fine,” Sooyoung shot back and Taeyeon laughed quietly.

“What do you mean, he’s weak?” now it was Jessica’s turn to ask.

“Well, your boyfriend here is starving himself. He’s on some god-forsaken diet or something.”

“Hey, it’s your fault I’m starving!” Sooyoung retorted, not even bothering to deny Taeyeon of his accused post as Jessica’s ‘boyfriend’.

“Whatever,” Taeyeon waved it away, being obnoxious and annoying. He looked at Jessica, his blue eyes shifting into their usual onyx black. “You should feed him. Do it yourself, hunt someone down, I don’t care. If he doesn’t feed, it’s most possible that he wouldn’t be able to take on a female human.”

Taeyeon’s onyx eyes paled into an iridescent blue that was unlike the deep blue ones they were before. Taeyeon’s pale blue eyes widened and he left, disappearing into the shadows as he left Jessica staring after him.

“He’s you’re brother?” Jessica asked when she was sure that he had left.

“Maybe I got adopted or something. He’s not from my family. I think we dug him out from Hell or something like that,” Sooyoung took Jessica’s injured arm gently, and both of them flinched at the same time.

“Why do you flinch when I don’t?”

Sooyoung sighed. “It’s because I’m starved now. I feel things you don’t and get it worse than humans when I don’t feed.”

Jessica couldn’t find any response to that. Sooyoung gently lifted her in his arms, struggling slightly as he carried her to her dorm.

“Sooyoung, I want to ask you one last thing.”

“What is it?”

“Why are Taeyeon’s eyes pale blue?” Jessica shivered, recalling Sooyoung’s similar eyes.

“It’s when your partner is in danger,” Sooyoung answered simply and walked on, thinking about Taeyeon’s pale blue eyes as well.

In the deserted alley, a young girl was pressed against the wall, struggling and whimpering as the scrawny and straggly man pinned her to the wall. The girl was beautiful, luscious brown locks cascaded down her shoulders, and she had soft, delicate features that were full of expressions. But her eyes were the most alluring of all her assets. Those large, brown eyes were filled with tears as the man grabbed her pink shirt, tearing it to expose the milky white skin.

“Please, please stop,” Tiffany begged as she felt the man’s rough and prickly beard graze against her neck.

“Now, don’t you cry; I’ll show you something fun. You’d like that, now would you?” the man was nuzzling her neck and Tiffany squirmed even harder. “Breaks my heart to see you young girls cry.”

“Breaks mine too,” this voice was not the arrogant, smooth voice as before, the voice was quiet with blazing fury and contempt.

The man whirled around. “Eh?”

“Hey, it’s…it’s you. What’re you doing here?” the man stammered shamelessly, smiling at the lean, lithe figure glaring at the man with pale blue eyes.

“You should know,” the figure answered simply as his gloved hands went across the man’s face.

“Master Kim, I beg of you!” the man fell to the floor, spitting blood out of his mouth. The single blow had knocked the man off his feet.

“Don’t grovel at my feet. You disgust me,” hands clamped on the man’s jaws and brought it to the side in a fast, powerful turn.

The man fell, lifeless, before the cowering Tiffany, who had just witnessed her saviour snap the man’s neck. ‘Master Kim’ kneeled in front of the trembling Tiffany, his hands reaching out to touch Tiffany’s ankle. Tiffany backed away, withdrawing her ankle away from his reach.

“I won’t hurt you, Tiffany,” he assured her.

Slowly, hesitantly, Tiffany held the hand that ‘Master Kim’ offered for her to stand. Hoisting herself off the floor, she felt warm hands wiping the tears off her face. He draped his jacket over her, cloaking her from the cold. He led her to her dorm with her directions. Other than that, they were silent until Tiffany decided to speak up with a failing voice.

“I—I didn’t catch your name.”

“It’s Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon,” Taeyeon gave her a warm smile that she was rare and disappeared as fast as it appeared.

 

Readers’ Note:

Ooh…conflict here. How will SooSic react to TaeNy’s relationship? It won’t be nice. But Taeyeon’s more twisted and sick in his own ways, as you already know (the killings and murders that he was guilty for). I’m sure Tiffany will make him see sense and eventually learns to love the beast. Aww…look at me, all mushy and stuff. By the way, this fic will be on temporary hiatus for some time. I have another fic to attend to. So…till then, readers! Expect in about another week or so? Maybe more, maybe less. Oh yes, I forgot to thank you readers for your support. :)

Thank you for reading!

Yours Faithfully
Jazzign