Chapter 26

Love Is Not All Like That

I love you.

Sooyoung tensed and his body froze. Time lost its essence until Jessica took the initiative to approach him. He closed his eyes as he felt her soft fingers his jaw, calling out his name and felt that soft body press against hers. For a while, he held it in, eyes shut against and head turned from Jessica. The frustrated Jessica took matters in her own hands as she began to tiptoe towards his face, aimed at those perfect lips. Sooyoung’s eyes didn’t open when he felt Jessica’s soft lips against his and he could only wrap his arms around her in this moment of need.

“I love you. Don’t you love me?” Jessica whispered against her lips when she had regained her breath.

“I’m not made for love,” Sooyoung grasped the thin cotton on Jessica’s back and laid her on the bed, with him on fours over her.

He kissed her hungrily, nibbling and biting on her lips until they were red and raw. The terrible aching returned, this time in a different intensity. His canines, which would have taken at least half a minute to lengthen, drew out immediately. His lips still on hers, he tasted blood as he bit too hard on her lips. He pulled back at once, assessing the small cut he had caused on her lips. Staring blankly at the tiny bead of blood welling on her bottom lip, Jessica had to pull Sooyoung back over her again to shake him back into awareness.

“Stop, Jessica, I could hurt you,” Sooyoung said in a whisper that only had logic, not emotions.

“I want you in me now,” she snarled, gripping at his shoulders forcefully.

“Jessica, Ican’t,” Sooyoung pulled away abruptly, leaving her breathless against the headboard.

Sooyoung watched Jessica’s face, faintly acknowledging the blush of her cheek and the flustered look on her face that slowly morphed into a frown, then into a deep glare that could’ve bore holes into hard cement. Before Jessica could say anything, Sooyoung climbed back onto the bed and pulled her into a tight, reassuring hug. He heard her exhale warily.

“Please understand. I can’t enjoy life’s pleasures like how an angel can,” Sooyoung said as he felt Jessica’s head on his chest.

At that, Jessica’s head snapped up and she looked at Sooyoung with a pitiful expression. “Even ?”

Sooyoung found it difficult to answer Jessica’s amusingly direct question, but he nodded eventually, “Even .”

“What happens if you do it?”

“I’d rather not talk about that,” Jessica noticed the drop in his voice and kept quiet. Maybe some things were better left unanswered.

Nonetheless, she felt disappointed that Sooyoung was forbidden to have it. And she had wanted Sooyoung so much.

“You mean that, you can never have ? Never ever?” Jessica asked again, just to confirm that whatever she was hearing was real and not just a side-effect from the morphine.

Sooyoung rubbed his forehead exasperatedly. To not have for Sooyoung was torture enough. He couldn’t satisfy his needs in any way he wanted and to be confined as a for eternity probably sums up to centuries of being compared to an eunuch.*

He had never done it with Soo-Yeon, not wanting to hurt her just for the merger of two sweaty bodies underneath a single white sheet, that and he just didn’t know that she was going to take her own life. And, probably, the fact that Sooyoung wasn’t experienced at this kind of thing, while his brother was different.  Taeyeon wasn’t as skilled as Sooyoung when it came to adapting to the curious human nature, but he had his ways around humans, the creatures which he loathed after Mi-Young. Sooyoung could never take Taeyeon seriously and the flippancy and nonchalance in him was probably the reason why. But Sooyoung believes that, somewhere deep in Taeyeon’s soul, was a humane part of him that could be saved, the humane part that was buried deeply inside of him ever since Mi Young’s death.

“Never ever, Jessica,” Sooyoung sighed.

“Oh,” even when he couldn’t see her, he could tell that she was pouting as she clung onto him.

“But I can do this,” Sooyoung leaned down to kiss Jessica’s chin, nose, lips and finally, forehead.  “And I’ll do it everyday if you want me to.”

She smiled, but something still seemed to be bothering her. “Still, to not have …isn’t that kind of harsh? I mean, I thought fallen angels should enjoy more now that their free from the bonds of Heaven.”

“Tell me about it…okay, can we stop talking about it now? To talk about it and not get to do it…” Sooyoung trailed off, looking lost and desperate.

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop. I’m sorry,” Jessica placed a hand on Sooyoung’s chest and tilted her head up to give Sooyoung a quick peck on the lips.

There was silence for a while, but it was broken by Jessica’s disbelieving voice again. “It’s like staring at a chocolate cake you know you can’t eat because it’s not for eating.”

“Okay, Sica, drop it.”

~~

Somewhere beneath the bare branches and twigs, Taeyeon was walking Tiffany to his car, talking about some random, funny thing that made Tiffany burst out in laughter while clapping her hands. Taeyeon noted the unusual habit and raised his eyebrows in amusement.

“You clap your hands when you’re laughing?” Taeyeon asked, the car keys jingling in his hand.

Tiffany’s laughter died down eventually and she managed to get her breath back to answer. “Yeah, it’s a habit of mine. I know it’s annoying. Sorry, I’ll stop.”

“Annoying? No, keep on doing it. It’s cute.”

“Cute?” Tiffany snuck glances at Taeyeon, blushing furiously.

“Oh come on. Now you’re hiding your cheeks because they’re red? That’s a habit of yours too?” Taeyeon teased, dodging a smack on the arm from Tiffany.

Tiffany stayed quiet, her cheeks still red and her face still flustered. Taeyeon took this time to admire Tiffany’s confidence, yet shyness, her simply beautiful and breathtaking face and those eyes that flashed with different emotions every few minutes.

“So…where are we going?’ they had reached the black Audi that was parked along the curb.

“No, we’re not using the car,” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s arm unknowingly and had dragged him away from the curb before she could even think twice.

Taeyeon was confused, but decided to play along. After all, Tiffany was the one who was in charge of their ‘date’. Once Tiffany realised that she was dragging Taeyeon by his arm, she released it immediately and lowered her head to hide her red cheeks again.

“So, where are we going, princess?” Taeyeon managed to ask as Tiffany dragged him in an opposite direction.

“We’re going there,” Tiffany pointed elsewhere.

Taeyeon only stared at their destination with wide eyes. “No way. In the winter? You want to spend our date there in the winter?”

Tiffany could only nod happily.

 

Readers’ Note:

…it was awkward at the ‘’ talk between SooSica. I hope I didn’t make this fic rated. *by the way, eunuch is a castrated man. Yeah, castrated as in like…you know…having that removed. Anyway, *clears throat* where did TaeNy go? Make a guess? Take a shot? I promise it’s not a strip club, nor a club. Come on, who parties in the winter? All we do is sleep and eat and go back into hibernation mode again.

Thank you for reading!

Yours Faithfully
Jazzign