Birthday Special (Suga x Reader x Interfering BTS)

BTS One-shots

    
    When Suga stumbles into the dorms after a long day in the recording studio, he just wants a nice nap and some time to plan for his girlfriend's birthday. He did not expect anything like the scene before him.  

    "Hyung, why do you look so stressed?" Jimin asks, noticing that Suga's frown lines are a little bit deeper than usual. The older gives a small sigh and threads his fingers through his own hair.

    "Hyuuung! Tell me what's wrong. Are you having problems with your song production? Did you get enough sleep?" Jimin pauses for a second. "Did the Maknae run off with your computer mouse... again?" The more scenarios Jimin tosses out, the more stressed he ends up looking.

    Suga sighs again. He knows that his perky little dongsaeng is only trying to help. Unfortunately, this is a struggle he brought upon himself. 

    "Hyung! Tell me what's wrong! I'll go get the Maknae for you!" Jimin looks almost hysterical by this point, unused to Suga's lack of response. 

    "No, no. I'm fine. I'm just a little stressed, that's all."

    Jimin does not look appeased with Suga's short answer. "You don't look fine. When was the last time you looked in a mirror?" Jimin asks cheekily.

    "Shut it, you brat. I'm just puzzling over a present for my girlfriend." With that, Suga seems to deflate, looking a little more defeated than before.

    "Oh, don't worry about that, hyung! I'm sure she would love anything you'd get her. She's really sweet and understanding. Don't stress about it. Just get her something nice!" 

    "I wish it was that easy to pick out a gift. But her birthday is tomorrow and I still have no idea what to get her."

    "You sure cut it close! The rest of the group already pitched in to buy her something. It's been shipped. Now it's probably shoved in Hoseok's closet."

    Suga frowns. "Why are you guys buying my girlfriend a present? And, how long have you been planning this?"

    Jimin has the decency to look sheepish. "Well, she's an amazing person. And she always gave something to us on our birthdays. So we bought her a five foot, one inch tall teddy bear. Hopefully, it will make quite the impact on her birthday."

    "I'm not even going to ask."

    "It was all Taehyung's idea! She's short. The bear is huge! We were going to buy her a phone, but this fit nicely in our budget," Jimin says, flailing his arms around in exaggeration.

    Before Suga could reply, he hears a loud crash came from the kitchen. Another clatter follows shortly after. Then Jin's strong voice wafts from between the walls, "Kim Namjoon, I swear. If you break another plate, this chocolate ice cream cake will not make it out of the kitchen alive. Stand in the corner and do not touch anything!" A muffled and meek "sorry," presumably by the powerful Rap Monster himself, was audible. 

    Suga looks questioningly at Jimin.

    Jimin avoids eye contact. 

    "Who is that cake for?" Suga asks, almost certain of the answer.

    "Your girlfriend."

    "Is there anything else I should know concerning my girlfriend's birthday?" 

    The younger noticeably gulps. "I assume V never told you?"

    "What?" Suga prods.

    "That we might have all planned a big birthday party, and you might have been out late recording. There's a chance that Taehyung promised to tell you, but he forgot." By this time, Jimin looks ready to flee. "I, I thought you knew, hyung."

    Suga manages to look even more tired than he was before. All of these new developments were, well, new. However, the sweet gestures from the boys were not unwelcome since his girlfriend deserved all the attention when he couldn't be by her side because of of his work. 

    "Coming through!" yells an overly excited Taehyung, and Jungkook follows, right on the other's heels. Colorful streamers fan out behind them, the strings terribly knotted and frayed. The two gallop on, nearly avoiding the lamp and barely missing the mahogany cabinet. Both band members laugh and continue their escapades around the dorm. 

    Suga winces at the racket the two made. "Should I even ask where J-Hope is?" 

    Jimin's reply is quick, "He's just out getting party hats and noise-makers. He should be back soon."

    An announcing fanfare of whistles and screeching announces J-Hope's arrival. Namjoon peers out of the kitchen, his hair covered in a fine dust of flour and his shirt stained with chocolate cake batter and something that looked suspiciously like hot sauce. The two decorators from the Maknae line stop running, but end up cheering even louder as the party supplies are handed out. 

    Suga heads towards the direction of the door. "I'll be back soon with a present." 

---

    After shopping until the store's doors closed for the night and annoying more than one store clerk to try different items, Suga is finally half-satisfied with his gift. He supposes headphones from his favorite company would have to suffice. Of course, he wishes he could have gotten her something even better. It probably wouldn't compare with the party that the rest of his bandmates were throwing, or the chocolate ice cream cake, or even the huge teddy bear. He always seemed to be outdone by his more experienced group in physical objects.

    Hopefully his girlfriend wouldn't be disappointed.

    Hopefully everything would turn out.

    Hopefully BTS wouldn't cause the dorms to fall down. 

    He guesses that the only thing he could do now is sleep on it. Everything should work out in the morning. 

---

    Suga is unceremoniously woken up at a time that is most certainly before eight o'clock by a mass of colorful strings. The colorful streamers that had once decorated the dorms now lay in a pile on top of his head. He could hear screaming laugher and heavy panting instantly giving away the culprit, along with a "meet in the living room with the rest of us!" 

    After shaking off all the offending streamers like a wet kitten, Suga shuffles over to the couch and relaxes under the plush comforter. It is purely an accident when J-Hope is kicked off of the couch. Nothing more.

    Eventually, the doorbell rings, and Suga knows that everything is staged when his entire group pushes him to the door, bed-head or not. He opens the door cautiously, and sees his girlfriend waiting expectantly. 

    "Oh, (Y/n). You're here. Happy Birthday!" Suga awkwardly smiles.

    The girl smiles back warmly. "Thank you!"

    The rest of BTS, those fools, cat-called and lead (Y/n) into the dorms. 

    The festivities begin with J-Hope lugging the stuffed-bear and presenting it to the poor girl. She's quite short, but Suga is glad that it doesn't completely tower over her. His girlfriend thanks everyone profusely, but is interrupted with V's exclamation of "ICE CREAM CAKE!" 

    That is sufficient enough to move everyone to the kitchen where the group joins in in singing a joyful Happy Birthday. Jungkook keeps stealing the copious icing on the cake. Suga makes a mental note to berate the Maknae later, but now is not the time to scold the youngest. 

    After the cake is completely devoured, (mostly due to Jin's bottomless stomach) the members slowly trickle out little by little. Hoseok and Jimin go to the studio to practice the new choreography. Namjoon leaves to find a new shirt after he "accidentally" stained it. By now, Suga knows not to question what happens to the leader's stuff. Jungkook, ever the loyal follower, joins Namjoon in the trip to the nearest shopping center. 

    Actually, now that Suga thinks about it, both V and Jin didn't give any explanation to why they left. All he knows is that he can finally have some peace and quiet for his girlfriend's birthday. It's nice.

    "Now that no one's here, I can finally give you my present." Suga mumbles, hugging (Y/n) close to his chest. "I missed you." 

    His girlfriend giggles and pushes him away. "Okay, then what is it?" 

    "Here you go." He pulls out a nicely wrapped present. The color isn't bright and flashy, since that's not his personality, but it's still beautiful.
    
    (Y/n) takes the gift and carefully unwraps it. "Oh! It's a set of headphones!  That you so much! Don't tell the other guys, but this is exactly what I wanted!" 

    "That's good," Suga pecks her on the cheek. "I didn't know if you would like it, so I planned something else. You should check the BTS news, particularly music news, when you get home." 

    "What is it?" She asks, pouting a little in the hopes of being more persuasive.

    "Jagiya, you'll just have to wait and see." 

    She pouts again, but Suga refuses to tell. Instead, they spend the day lazing around the dorms, chatting and watching movies. Suga claims that it's much more fun to hang around home instead of going to a fancy restaurant. It's also much cheaper. 
    Suga is surprised by the fact that none of his group mates have bothered his quality time with his girlfriend. That's fine, he supposes. He doesn't want to be interrupted from his comfortable spot on the couch since his girlfriend is near and he can sneak kisses in between lags in the movie. 

    Eventually his girlfriend has to leave, but not before a sweet kiss and a deep hug, promising to see each other soon. 

    Whether Suga uploads his new mixtape right after she left is a coincidence or not, he'll never tell. 

------------------

Ah, if you may have noticed from the different writing style, the coauthor has finally shown their face. It's me, Narnialunchbox!  I'm filling in a request by the author, LeoDeadhead! 

So, how's I do? It was originally only going to be about 700 words... But then the story wrote itself... And it doubled. Whoopsies! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the one shot, and I hope you have a lovely day!