Heart Aches (Jungkook x Laura[OC]) {R}

BTS One-shots

*Ding dong*

I stood patiently outside of BTS' dorm apartment. I couldn't wait to see Jungkook again. His schedule has been hetic lately, but the biggest reason I was standing at his door today was to surprise him.

"Hold on one sec," the person with sniffled.

The door creaked open, revealing a puffy eyed, red nosed Kookie.

"Laura?" he sniffled. "What are you doing here? What if people see you here?"

"I don't care! I'm taking care of you today!!" I smiled, making my way into the dorm.

"Laura's here!!!" Taehyung cheered.

"Jungkook! What are you doing out of bed?!" Jin cried. "Oh! Annyeonghaseyo, Laura-ssi."

He bowed slightly and walked over to Jungkook.

"You need to stay in bed," he instructed.

I noticed that it was only the vocals at the dorms. 

"Where are Suga, RapMon and Hobi?" I asked.

"There at the studio working on our next big song!!" Taehyung exclaimed, jumping around the room. "Jimin in his room, I'm not quite sure what he's doing though."

I tip toed down the hallway and peeked into Jimin's room. He was no where to be seen.

"Jimin?"

Nothing. He wasn't here. Where could he be?

"Oh! Now that you mention it," Jin piped up, "He said he had some business across town. He should be back by this afternoon."

My chest started to ache, but I ignored it.

"Laura, you don't need to be here......" Jungkook whined. "I'm going to be fine.... I'm a tough Kookie"

"Like G-Dragon?" I snickered. [A/N G-Dragon has a song called Tough Cookie, in case you didn't know]

"That's not what I meant," Jungkook whined again. "Plus what if the fans find out?"

"Then they should be happy that someone loves you just as much as they do," Jin spouted. "Now back to bed."

I watched as Jin guided Jungkook back to his bedroom. Wondering my way to the kitchen, the aroma of dilectable food wafted past my nose. I looked and saw ramon boiling in the pot.

"That's for Taehyung..."

Jin appeared beside me with a shy smile on his face. I nodded and looked around the kitchen. I had been in this kitchen multiple times, I was just trying to remember where everything was.

"I think I'll going shopping for ingredients..." I inquired, heading for the door.

"No!" Jin called. "I mean.... let me do that. You keep an eye on Kookie."

Before I could answer, he was writing a list of ingredients.

"I was planning on making pork soup with a bowl of rice for Jungkook," I informed.

I eyed the piece of paper as Jin scrawled the words with a pen.

My stomach hurt a bit, but I ignored it.

Walking back through the dorm, I searched for Jungkook.

"Finally," I breathed softly.

Upon entering the room, the eyes of Jungkook shot open.

"Hoel! I didn't know you were sleep!! Mianhaeyo!!" I squeaked, bowing frantically.

"Aniyo, it's fine..." he coughed. "I wasn't really tired anyway."

"You should try to sleep anyways...."

"But I want to be with you..." he whined, patting the other side of the bed.

Taking the cue, I crawled on the cooshy mattress. I sank deep into the bed, squishing up against Kookie. A silence overcame the atmosphere but it was comfortable. The warmth of Kookie's fever radiated onto my body.

"Kookie, you really should sleep..." I insisted.

"Then will you sleep with me?" he murmured. "I don't want you to leave...."

"I was going to make you some food. Jin went to the store to get the ingredients. Why don't we wait for Jin, then I can make your food. After your done eating, I'll snuggle you to sleep. How does that sound?"

I giggled at the maknae's face flushed with color for a split second with joy. But the color was soon stolen back by the sickness as he coughed and sneezed. We sat there, once again, in pleasant silence. All of a sudden, my phone beeped..

Appointment in 2 weeks on Monday @ 12:30

I sighed as I locked the screen.

"What's wrong, Laura?"

"It's nothing... Just...my mom,"

At that moment, I heard the dorm door open accompanied by the crinkling of shopping bags.

"Jin's back!!" I giggled, jumping out of bed. "You rest while I fix your meal!!"

Running to the living room, I grabbed the bags from Jin's hands and ran to the kitchen. Rummaging through the bag, I pulled out the pork and rice. Filling the rice steamer with rice, I punched the on button. I was planning on making Kookie pork soup because I know it's one of his favorite foods. But I settled on a recipe for Korean Pork Bone Soup that I found online.

As I started to cut the meat, Jin grabbbed my arm.

"Can I help?"

"Ummm.. Sure!! I don't quite know how to make this anyway... I could use the help," I chuckled.

A lot of the time I was looking at the recipe while Jin had already finished that step. But I put everything in the pot and adding some things that I personally thought Kookie would enjoy. Finally, the dish was completed and I plated it on a decorated tray

.Image result for korean pork soup recipe

As I carefully wobbled the tray back to Jungkook's room, I felt a searing pain shoot through my chest. But I ignored it.

As I poked my head into the room, earning a weak smile from the maknae.

"You really don't have to do this," he groaned, peering at the food.

I carried the tray of soup and rice to Kookie, carefully setting the tray on his lap.

"Eat it deliciously," I smiled.

Climbing back into bed, I could help but stare at Kookie. The life in his eyes were still burning even though his body was in a comatose state. I squished back up against him and grabbed the TV remote, switching on the TV in his room. Out of nowhere, my phone buzzed again.

Laura?
Did you remember to take your medicine?

 

No mom
It's fine
My chest hurts only a little bit

 

Before she could respond, I turned my notifications off.

"Mom again?" Kookie chuckled. "Or are you just that popular?"

I chuckled a we watched the childish cartoon characters dance around on the screen. As Jungkook finish, Jin crept in a stole the tray away. I snuggled up to Jungkook, careful not to put to much pressure on my chest.

***Two weeks later***

I watched as Jungkook moved in fluid motions around the practice room. He made an amazing recovery from the flu and seemed stronger than before. But I was not. I could feel the pain tear through my torso. I held the paper with my appointment details in my hand, staring at the ink printed on it.

Patient's Name: Laura XXXXXXXX

Procedure: Open heart surgery

Doctor's name: Kim Shi-woo

Date: XX/XX/XXXX

Expected surgery time: 12:30

Floor: 4

Waiting area: 14

Surgery Expenses: Paid

Admission to hospital: Paid

Notes:

Please arrive at least an hour early for a walkthrough of the procedure. Bring anything that may make your stay after the surgery more comfortable.

 

I glanced at my watch. It was 10:24. I should start heading home to pack some of my belongings for the time after the surgery. I was about to exit when I felt a strong grasp on my arm.

"Laura?"

My vision suddenly became blurry.

"Laura?!"

I couldn't feel my legs anymore. My head was spinning..... I was falling. Everything went black. I kept scrolling in and out of unconciousness. I kept hearing the voice of the BTS members, crew and Jungkook. But the sound was so hazy, I could only make out bits and pieces of the conversations.

"Hyung!!! What...... I do?!!"

"Jungk.... Calm..dow......"

"She's goi.... be fin....."

"Someone!! Cal... ambul....nce!!"

Everything faded away. Next thing I know, I'm awake. But my eyes were still closed. I could hear voices.

"Laura.... Why didn't you tell me?"

Jungkook. He must have seen my appointment paper. I heaved my eyes open to be greeted by the worried eyes of my Kookie.

"Laura!"

 My whole body felt heavy; my tongue felt so thick that I could barely talk.

"Jung..... kookie..."

"No, Laura. You rest.... Save your energy," he whispered.

I felt him lightly grasp my hand.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he voice quivered.

"Because I didn't want you to worry...."

The door creeked open as the other boys' heads popped in.

"The doctor is heading this way," Jin informed.

With that note, the doctor strutted into the room.

"As you are aware, you had a scheduled procedure at 12:30. It is 11:39 as of right now. But since you are already here, we have decided to let you rest and then preform the procedure at the scheduled time. Is that okay, Miss?"

"Ne, that will be fine."

He left the room, shutting the door behind him. I took a look around at the room, recollecting what happened. After a moment, a nurse appeared at the doorway.

"Ummm... Bangtan Sonyeondan? Huge fan..." she giggled. "But I am going to have to ask you to leave the room. The patient needs to rest."

"Can Jungkook stay??" I croaked. "Please?!"

"Only if he's a relative..." she informed.

"He's.....he's my boyfriend...of three years....."

"Well, if that's the case, I'm sure the doctor won't mind," she smiled warmly.

I watched the boys as the filed out of the room, giving me good lucks and thumbs ups as the left. By the time they left, the clock read 12:27. The doctor reappeared with a surgery gear on. I already knew what was about to happen. I turned to Jungkook with a sense of fear.

"Don't worry," he smiled. "I'll be here for you. I won't leave your side."

His smiling face was the last thing I saw when they put me under and it was the first I saw when my eyes opened after the procedure. He whispered in my ear.

"My heart aches when I see you like this... I will be here for you always."

***************************************************************

This is a very, very special request fill for my friend, Taemins_LittleNoona!!! I'm not quite sure what actually happens when you have heart problems or how surgerys/surgery preparations work but I tried my best. I wish you best of luck for your own heart surgery!! I don't think I'm the only one who's wishing you luck and a comfortable life <3 Stay strong and healthy !! ^-^ #strongrecovery

**************************************************************

 

Hey! How was it? Did I do good?

Feedback in the comments!

Questions? Concerns?

Message me!  ^-^

Requests are always welcome!

Keep any/all request clean, please! ^^

Saranghaeyo, little angles!!!