Cooking Lessons (Jin x You)

BTS One-shots

The sweet smell of steamed rice wafted through the house. The aroma was caught in my nose. I couldn’t help but follow the amazing scent to its source. The smell lead me on a path to the kitchen. Jin was making dinner. I could always tell if he was cooking.

“Hey…” I sighed.

“Hey, jagiya!” he smiled. “I’m making dinner.”

“I know.”

I walked over to him and hugged him from behind while he continued to stir the food in the pan.

“Oppa..?”

“Yes…”

“Can you teach me how to cook?”

“Well….” he hesitated, “I already made dinner… I can teach you tomorrow! It’s Saturday and I don’t have practice or anything really…”

“Yay!! Thanks oppa!!”

I sat down at the neatly set table, waiting for the food to be served. It didn’t take long until Jin was dishing out portions of one of my favorite dishes: coconut chicken stir fry with rice.

The rest of the day flew by. I couldn’t wait to start cooking! By morning, I was so excited that I jumped out from under the covers and tackled Seokjin.

“Get up!” I screamed, tossing off his covers.

“Why~?” he groaned lazily.

“I wanna cook!!!”

“I wanna sleep~~”

“But…”

“Tell ya what..... why don’t we~~..…," he began, "sleep in for another hour and then I’ll  teach you…..”

“Fine….”

I snuggled back under the comforter as Jin engulfed me in a hug from behind. The hour crawled by painfully slow.

“Jin..” I whispered.

“Mmm~?”

“It’s been an hour…”

“I know…. But I don’t want to move…”

“Jin~~~!”

“Okay! Okay! Fine!” he laughed, kissing my forehead.

I dragged Jin into the kitchen. But he would not start.

“I had planned to teach you to cook a dinner,” he commented, “not breakfast. But I guess I can teach you a simple breakfast.”

I jumped up and down with excitement. I was enthusiastic and it showed.

“So this morning, we’re going to make……..PANCAKES!!!!”

I ran around the kitchen looking for ingredients when I realized… I didn’t know what the ingredients were! I turned to Jin and pouted.

“We need pancake mix, milk, eggs, and oil.”

I proceeded to run around, gather the ingredients needed to construct a perfect pancake. Jin took out a bowl and a mixing spoon. I started to pour the mix when Jin started shouting.

“(Y/N)!! Not that much!!”

But it was too late. Pancake mix fell out of the box uncontrollably, spilling over the rim of the bowl. The powder flew everywhere, coating my pajamas, arms and head. Laughter exploded throughout the kitchen and not from me. Jin grabbed a towel, scrabbling over to me. He daintily wiping the powder from my face.

“Why don’t you go wash up and I’ll clean up the kitchen,” he chuckled.

I sluggishly sauntered back to the bedroom bathroom and took a quick shower. I jumped out of the shower and dried off. I searched through the closet and threw on an old pair of sweats and one of Jin’s old shirts. I wondered back into the kitchen bashfully. The kitchen was completely clean. It was like we didn’t even get up yet.

“That’s my shirt....” he pouted.

“Yea… It smells like you,” I giggled, sniffing the shirt.

This time I stood patiently by the counter, waiting for instructions. Jin proceeded to show me the directions on the back of the mix box. I rooted through the cupboards looking for the measuring cups when Jin whistled. He had already gotten them out. I lumbered back over to him and grabbed the cup and started scooping out the pancake mix into the bowl.

“Now crack the eggs… carefully.”

I grabbed a couple of eggs.

“Carry them- No!!”

Before I even knew what he was freaking out about, one of the eggs fell from my hand. It crashed to the ground in a gooey shell mess…. I looked at it with dismay.

“Oops…” I sighed.

“It’s okay… Hold the eggs firmly…..”

I started to tighten my grip when……..

“NO!!! Not that har-“

The shell was completely demolished in my grasp, covering my hand in the slimy egg. I could hear Jin giggling. I let the gloppy mess drip to the floor without thinking about it.

“(Y/N)! Wash your hands…. It’s okay…”

I walked over to the sink. Holding my hand under the facet, I watched the goo run off my hand and down the drain, as Jin wiped up the eggy mess. I walked back over to the carton of egg and carefully but firmly grasped two more eggs, successfully transported them to the bowl. Jin carefully took one of the eggs and carefully set it on the counter. He, then, came up behind me, holding the back of my hands.

“Here… I’ll show you…”

He carefully tapped the egg that were in my hand, which were being controlled by his own, on the side of the mixing bowl, producing a fairly large crack in the shell without leaking any of the content.

“Now.. carefully pull the shell pieces apart…”

He continued to control my hands through the egg cracking process. When the eggs were in the bowl, I took another measuring cup and poured the veggie oil into the bowl.

“Look! I did it!” I squealed.

“Good job, jagi!!” Jin squealed with me, giving me a big hug.

He handed me a whisk and I began to whisk the mixture furiously fast.

“Jagi! Slow down!”

Immediately, I slowed my stirring pace. I didn’t want to make any addition messes. When the texture was nice and smooth, Jin set a flat pan on the stove and the heat. He sprayed the pan with a thin layer of butter spay. He started to spoon out some of the mixture onto the hot pan. I took out a spatula and tried to flip it, but the spatula just squished into the batter. Jin started snickering.

“You gotta let it cook,” he chuckled.

I washed the batter off of the spatula. We waited about 4-5 minutes when Seokjin signaled me to try now. Sure enough, the pancake slid right off… I scooped up the pancake and flipped it over with ease. We  made about 20 pancakes. Jin scrounged through the cupboards for the maple syrup and placed it on the table. The smell of freshly made flapjacks filled the kitchen, making my nose itch with hunger. We sat down and started devouring the golden brown circles.

“So….” Jin grinned, “These turned out pretty good!”

He munched on another bite.

“My compliments to the chef!!”

We laughed as we continued eating.

________________________________________________

Hey! How was it? Did I do good?

Feedback in the comments!

Questions? Concerns?

Message me!  ^-^

Requests are always welcome!

Keep any/all request clean, please! ^^