Show Off (Jungkook x You)

BTS One-shots

“Jungkook!!!”

Kookie is the Golden Maknae of the group BTS. He’s “golden” because he’s a triple treat with all three rapping, singing, and dancing. But he’s basically good at everything in real life too, not just on stage.

“Koo~~~kie~~!!!” I yelled again.

“Noo~~~na~~~!!!” he mimicked me. “What can I do for you, noona?”

“I can’t open this jar of tomato sauce…. Never mind I got it….”

Kookie held out his hand as I continued to struggle. I hesitated. I didn’t want to be showed up again. But eventually I gave up and handed it to the Maknae. It didn’t take him much effort to screw off the lid. He handed the now open jar back to me. With a grimace, I took the jar and set it on the counter near the stove.

“Okay, Mister Bigshot…..”

“That’s BigHit to you!” he laughed.

“Now listen here Mister Bigshot, if you’re so macho, make the spaghetti,” I scowled, handing him the thin noodles.

He stood there for a moment. It was obvious that he didn’t know what to do. But I also knew that he was willing to try and defend his title as Golden Maknae.

“Uhm….” he mumbled.

“Hmm~~??”

I twitched my eyebrow. It snapped into my head that I am the cook of the house because he can’t cook.

“Well… if I was cooking, I would get a pot out and fill it with water…. Then heat it up on the st-“

“Then you do it!” he pouted, handing the noodles back to me.

“But I thought you were Mr. Know-it-all~” I teased.

I could see the maknae's baby-face turning red. He wasn’t quite used to someone being better than him, especially having his girlfriend show him up. Kookie started to flip through his phone, but I knew he was looking up how to make spaghetti.

“No instructions allowed,” I huffed.

He stuffed the phone back into his pocket and slumped to the pots and pan. He pulled out a small pot and I just shook my head.

“(Y/N)~~~~,” he whined, “Don’t do this to me~~~…”

“But you know how to do EVERYTHING~~,” I teased some more.

He huffed and pulled out a large pan, looking at me for approval. I nodded and I heard a sigh of relief. He walked over to the facet and started to fill up the pot with water. After it was full, he set it on the stove and the heat.

“Noona~…. I-“

“Yes~~~~~~?” I pricked my ears, eager to hear what was about to be said.

“……nothing….” he grunted, turning back to the stove.

He only stood there, watching the water start to boil. When it started to bubble, he turned towards me. I could see his eyes pleading me to help… but I wanted to hear him say it out loud. I just shrugged my shoulders, making him groan in exasperation. He ripped open the noodles, completely destroying the box, causing all the noodles to spill all over the counter. He let out a growl in frustration. I burst out with laughter and fell to the floor. He just glared at me. When I finally stopped laughing, I bounced up and helped him collect the noodles. Without hesitation, I handed them to him.

“But noona~~~,” he groaned.

I glared at him playfully and he continued his whining and attempt at cooking.

“Honestly, you’re doing pretty good so far!” I cheered.

He plunked the noodles into the now boiling water and stood back from the hot stove. I scooched over and hugged him. He just stood there, not responding.

“Oh don’t be that way,” I complained.

He relaxed and swung his arms around me, resting his chin on the top of my head. The smell of cooked noodles filled the kitchen, yet he didn’t budge.

“You should probably check the noodles now….” I warned.

Kookie reluctantly released his embrace around me and lumbered back to the stove. He turned the stove dial down to ‘simmer’ and just stared at the pot. He grabbed the jar of sauce that was still placed bedside the stove top. He started tipping the jar, I could see the red sauce start to ooze to the rim of the container. He was actually gonna do it!! He didn’t know what to do!! That was our only jar of tomato sauce and box of noodles!!

“JUNGKOOK!!! DON’T DO THAT!!”

He froze. He just stood there. I scrambled over, grabbing the jar out of his hand. The red sauce sloshed around back into the glass container.

“Then what do I do?!” he practically screamed.

I could see the frustration and stress oozing from his stare.

“Say it first!!” I yelled back.

“Say what?!”

I twitch my eye brow at him. It finally clicked.

“No.”

“Say it and I’ll take over the spaghetti!!”

“I won’t!!” he pouted.

“Fine… Then I guess we’re not eating tonight…”

We stood there in utter silence. Eyes engaged in a unofficial staring contest. He knew that I wouldn’t make dinner until he said the words.

“Noo…..na?” he whispered.

“Ye~~~~~ss?”

“I…. can’t…… cook…..” he began.

“A~~~~~nd?”

“You’re a better…… cook than me……..”

“I’m listening….” I prodded further.

“I need your help because I don’t know what to do….”

I ruffled his hair and gave his a hug.

“Now that wasn’t so hard… was it?”


 

Hey! How was it? Did I do good?

Feedback in the comments!

Questions? Concerns?

Message me!  ^-^

Requests are always welcome!

Keep any/all request clean, please! ^^

Saranghae!! 💝