Chapter 19

Keep Me Safe

A bunch of civilian charge up towards Hurricane; fear gripped Autumn’s heart. But the next moment she loses sight of him as bunch of guards rushed towards her protecting from her from the oncoming people as they take out an array of weapon. She tries to glance around the guards but there was just shouting and shoving. A tall figure catches her eye; it was the other person who had kidnapped her; the tall guy… Zelo. Rebels? She spun around to find Taecyeon; but he was nowhere to be seen either. Autumn tries not to fall as the guard’s escorts her off the stage and then they suddenly moved away as she feels a hand on the small of her back. She turns around to see Hurricane nods to the guards who then disperse. Hurricane says nothing as he guides her towards the wood and away from the palace. So many questions race through Autumn’s head; but looking at his face told her now was not the time and he would tell her when the time is right.

As the trees start to thin out when Autumn saw a car running and waiting for them. Hurricane opens the door and helps Autumn in and gets in after her. Autumn almost gasps in surprise when she sees Prince Chanyeol already seated with a tight smile on his face.

“Autumn.” He greets and then turns to Hurricane, “Sehun”

Autumn does a double take; a quick flicker of surprise passes though Hurricane's face before becoming expressionless as he worriedly turned to Autumn. He carefully watches her waiting for her to react. After a few moments it clicks.

“You’re a rebel too.”

There are several beats of silence.

Hurricane seemed at a loss for words. “I meant to tell you-” He started to say.

“He is actually the prince of Wind Court.” Chanyeol finished.

Hurricane tried to say something but Chanyeol just ignored him and continued on. “This is Prince Sehun; Second prince of Wind Court, he was sent here on an agreement when the youngest daughter was meant to be wed to Prince Taecyeon.”

Autumn nods remembering that Hurricane or she should say Prince Sehun mentioned it before in one the earliest conversations they ever had.

“As part of his agreement, he was to be a normal citizen and he is not allowed to mention his true descent.”

“I would have to you sooner; but I was worried that I would put us in more danger if I did.” Sehun Says looking wearily at her.

Autumn reaches over and cups his face with her hand, “I know you would, Hun.” Autumn pauses, “Funny how that still fits.”

Hun smiles nervously; “I thought you knew back then but I was quite worried.”

Autumn returns his smile. “But how did you get out; and the rebels?”

Prince Chanyeol laughs, “Well technically we are all rebels.” He says with a grin. “Our small action may have just helped the rebels get the upper hand as helped them to successfully take unofficial control over the strongest of all the courts.”

The car slowly rolls to a stop and the door is opened and a familiar face takes a seat in the car.

“Thank you for the little stunt there; really took them by surprise.” YongGuk says with a dark chuckle.

 

That was the spark that starts the cascade to a new order. Over the next few days any court that didn’t agree with the new order was easily controlled as more people joined the rebel forces but most of the royals backed off before that was necessary, agreeing to do what the people wanted. The following week everyone was buzzed preparing for the biggest meeting since the formation of the courts. The 12 Courts and Yong Guk (as the Rebel representative) agreeing to meet formally.

“Is that your brother?” Autumn asks Sehun.

He nods curtly as the two of them watched from one of the balconies looking down at the table where at 13 representives sat with Earth Court at one end and Yongguk on the other end. Prince Chanyeol’s gives her a wink from where he sat.

“What did I miss?” Ash; Autumns brother asks slightly out of breath.

“Nothing they have just been sitting there silently for the past fifteen minutes.”

Just then Yong Guk stood up and cleared his throat. “I would like propose a vote…”