Chapter 18

Keep Me Safe

The next morning the guards come for her. Autumn had spent the night watching the stage that was being set up in front of the Palace, a public execution? But no matter how she looked at it, it didn’t look like a gallows; something was off, it was too decorated and Autumn couldn’t help but have a sinking feeling in her stomach.  

Her fears were confirmed when the maids came in with a wedding dress in her hand, they curled her hair quietly and helped her get ready. As they step away there is knock on the door. Autumn looks up to see Taecyeon also dressed for the occasion. He sends the maids away and closes the door behind him; leaving only the two of them in the room.

“Autumn.” Taecyeon says as Autumn looks up at him. “I will spare his life under one condition.”

When there is no response from Autumn, he continues slowly.

“It’s easy, You just need to tell him you never loved him and tell him you choose me and by doing so proving that you love me. Easy isn’t it; even if it’s a lie it will save his life. I don’t need your answer now, I’ll give you time until the ceremony.”

And with that he left without much of a second glance; just smug that he will be destroying the two of them at the same time. As much as Autumn didn’t want to give him the satisfaction; it felt like a knife was stabbed into her chest. Of course without a question she would do anything if it meant she could save Hurricane, but just thinking of saying those words made her sick; would Hurricane really believe her? Her fear wasn’t that he would believe her; but rather he wouldn’t believe her and put his life in danger trying to get to the truth.

Autumn was later taken to the stage that stage that Autumn had watched being built the night before. She stood nervously, watching as more and more people arrived; various members of the royal family.

“Have you made your decisions?” Taecyeon’s voice comes from behind her.

“Of course.”

“Should I ask them to bring him in?” Taecyeon asks with a smile.

Autumn nods, “But you need to first allow me to talk to him first.”

His smile falls, “Wrong answer.” He says shaking his head sadly, “I thought you were smarter than that.”

Autumn opens to speak but found no words; they were all stuck in ; she had just lost the chance to save him.

Taecyeon smiled sadly as he walks away, “How tragic.”

Autumn barely had enough time to fully comprehend what happened next as she heard Taecyeon’s voice speaking to the crowds.

“Good day Citizens of Earth Court. I want to welcome and thank you all for attending the matrimony celebration. But unfortunately we have some first had some formalities that need to take place; a loyalty test.”

Autumn gets sick feeling when she hears those words; what else did he want from her? She didn’t have time to think as is quickly ushered onto the stage. She didn’t even hear her name being called.

“As you all know; Autumn is to become the future queen; and there are certain responsibilities that she will be over seeing, and as a symbol that she will be able to perform duties. As the generations before her; she will now symbolically oversee the execution of a traitor who has been convicted of treason.”

Autumn had to bite down on her lip so hard she could taste blood; she knew what Taecyeon was going to make her do. A person whose face was covered with a black mask come onto the stage, following him a silver gun encrusted with semi precious stones. Autumn felt as if she was going to faint when she felt a hand on the small of her back reassuring her. Autumn didn’t even notice that Blake had been on stage with her all this time. Blake smiled weakly but even he still looked grimly at the person who Taecyeon introduces as the executioner. The executioner was known to have an absolutely accurate shot.

Blaze nudged her; bringing her attention back to Taecyeon’s words.

“Miss Autumn, by killing this traitor; you are pleading your absolute loyalty to Earth Court; even in death shall your loyalty lie with Earth court.” Taecyeon says with finality and immediately continues to the next part of the ceremony. “Hurricane of Wind Court found guilty of treason” Taecyeon says as he signals for them to bring out the traitor. After a few beats of silence; a guard wearing a worried expression walks up the stairs and whispers something in to his ear. Taecyeon spits something back angrily that most people couldn’t have heard, but from where Autumn’s place she could hear clearly; “Find that bastard.” Thought run through Autumn’s head at such a rate that she barely has time linger on a single thought for a long time. Where is he? Did he manage to get away? Where would he go?

“Find him!”

Autumn’s thoughts were disrupted by Taecyeon yelling at the guards. Many of them immediately run off in different directions, but a large of number of them stood to attention; not moving as they looked straight ahead. Autumn recognized some of the faces; the guards who had helped her yesterday.

“Start moving or I will rip you apart.” Taecyeon yells as an animalist rage erupts. When the guards still remained rooted to their places. Taecyeon growls loudly, “I’ll find him myself.” Taecyeon says as walks to get off the stage when a sudden forced wind blew though the gathering and a hooded figure walked slowly though the crowd which parted to let him though as he walks towards the stage. The figure stops a little before the stage; pausing for a moment before slowly reaching up and takes down his hood.

“Looking for me?”

 




There was several beats of silence before chaos erupts.


Author note: Hello! It has been a while since I updated my apolgies to the readers who have been waiting patiently!