Chapter 13

Keep Me Safe

Hurricane watched as Autumn slept beside him, a smile forming on his face unconsciously which he tries to hide behind his hand. They spent the night laying in the moonlight, facing each other in silent shy smiles, they just lay next to each other, the only contact between them was their interlocking fingertips but the moment was sweet and intimate. The reality around them melting into a blur of colors but they saw each other with a clarity that can only be described as one human looking at another, foreign yet familiar at the same time.

 

Autumn stirred stretching her shoulders as she slowly opening her eyes one at a time, stealing a peak at Hurricane.

“Morning.” he says a lazy smile sneaking onto his lips.

“Morning.” She says smiling back.

The moment was interrupted by a soft knock on the door; Autumn’s maids.

“Come in.” She says giving Hurricane enough time to get off the bed and put on his coat and open the door so to not make things seem too suspicious.

The maid pauses for a second seeing Hurricane already in the room but ignores it as there were more pressing matters.

“Miss Autumn, I am sorry to disturb you so early in the morning but I was just told by the Prince to ask you to pack your belongings as soon as possible, just pack the bare necessities is what he asked.”

Autumn panics; she had completely forgotten about latest incident that had happened with the Prince. Did he really believe that she was a natural or was it because she stood up to him and pushed his boundaries a bit too much? Autumn’s eyes flicker to Hurricane; or could it be he already knew. But Hurricane seems at ease although concerned.

“What happened?”

The maid bites on her lip, “I’m not supposed to…”

“Tell me.” Autumn says, snapping out of her trance.

“Miss Autumn... “
“It’s ok.” Hurricane nods in encouragement.

“I...I’m sorry Miss Autumn, the Prince received a letter from the rebels.”

“But he gets them all the time.” Hurricane says, his eyebrows scrunching up.

“... It’s the first time that they have directly named Miss Autumn as a target…”

 

In an attempt to throw off the rebels; it was decided to that only Hurricane would go with Autumn to a secluded hideaway that only the close royal family and their most trusted guards had knowledge of. No one else, not even Blaze, knew when she was leaving. Autumn was told to go wait at a back entrance which was through the back garden. She was told to wait there for Hurricane but when she got there, there was no one there.

A few moments there was a rumbling sound; and a few moments later a motorcycle came rolling to a stop in front of her. Motorcycles were no longer used in this age so it was a rare sight. Autumn watched the rider, dressed in simple black pants and a plain which shirt under his leather jacket. He doesn’t take off his helmet as he turns toward Autumn with another helmet in his hand. “Get on.”

Autumn smiles as she recognizes the voice and puts on the helmet.

“Hold tight.” Hurricane says with a smile in his voice.

Autumn couldn’t help but feel like they were secretly running away to a new life together.

 

But she was a little disappointed to see Hurricane revert back to his usual demeanor. His suit and tie impeccably neat and ironed, despite the fact that they were currently staying in a small cabin in the middle of some forest somewhere at the edge of the border of Earth Court. It was a simple wooden cabin with a small single bed in the corner with a small kitchen and bathroom. Nothing luxurious but it was good enough. Which was why Autumn was surprised to see Hurricane chopping up some logs into long stomps. Autumn watches his muscles move under his shirt and he brought down the axe cutting the wood into symmetrical halves.

 

“Hun.”

Hurricane’s hands fall to his side, the axe still in his hands.

“I didn’t think you remembered.” He says.

“... Well it never seemed appropriate.” Autumn replies as she hands him a glass of water which she went to get moments before.

“I like it though; it reminds me that I am not just another drone working for the court.” Hurricane pauses, as if he was going to say something more, but decides against it and something about his expression made Autumn stop herself from pressing him for more information so instead she changes the topic.

“What is this for?” She asks picking up a log.

“It gets cold at night over here.”

“You’ve been here before?”

“Yes, this is a place I found a couple of years ago.”

“Isn’t this the royal hide out?”

“No it isn’t, you could say it’s my hide out…”

“Do all guards have their own little place?”

‘Not at all… this, this was a special case…’

“And you somehow convinced Taecyeon to let you bring me here.”

Hurricane nodded, “He actually agreed quickly.’

“Is there something special about this place…?”

“Not really but it’s probably one of my favorite places in Earth Court. You see the river there?”

Autumn couldn’t quite make out the river he was talking about but she could definitely hear it.

“That river serves as the border between Wind Court and Earth Court.”

Autumn strains her eyes, but she still couldn’t quite make it out.

“Can we go see it?” She asks.

 

Hurricane leads her towards the trees, and as they walked the sound of the river got louder until the trees thinned out and a long river of silver blue water thundered loudly, Hurricane led her to higher ground where Autumn could just barely make out the skyline of buildings in the distance. A place that she has never been to but it was the place where Hurricane had grown up.

“How was it like staying there?”

Hurricane told her about how his sister was always getting in trouble but everyone had a soft spot for her and in the end she would get off with a light punishment. He talked about the people in Wind Court like everyone was his family. Slowly the conversation turns back to the situation at Earth Court. Autumn told Hurricane about Taecyeon and the fire.

“What is going to happen to us?” Autumn asks.

A silence falls as the sound of the river fills in the gaps.

“I don’t know and so I cannot promise you much, but I can promise that I will keep you safe even if it mean I have to lose my life.”

“And I will do everything in my power to keep you alive.” Autumn replies simply.


Author Note: Hello! I know I have been skipping out of updating recently:( But I will try to get back to speed soon! I have so many things I want to write but it's either I don't have time but when I do, I feel like laying in my bed doing nothing... but I will work hard