Chapter 15

Keep Me Safe

Autumn couldn’t help but wonder if they had been caught. But as Taecyeon calmly waited downstairs while she and Hurricane went back to the room to pack their belongings, maybe it wasn’t the case.

“Do you think he knows something?” Autumn whispers as soon as the door closed.

Hurricane thinks silently for a few moments. It surprised him to see Taecyeon here; under normal circumstances, a messenger would be sent, Blaze for example. However Taecyeon showed no signs that he knew something was up other than showing up unexpectedly.

Hurricane eventually shook his head, and stretched up to reach their luggage bags.

They soon finish packing as they did not have much luggage to begin with and quickly joined the prince downstairs. Taecyeon smiled serenely, seemingly to have forgotten all that had happened between himself and Autumn in the past few days; instead he walks forward and takes Autumn’s hand into his and lead her towards the door. Surprised Autumn managed to turn her head and catch a glimpse of Hurricane stoic expression as she was lead outside.

Autumn sat on her seat; half expecting Hurricane to get onto the car; but then she heard the sound of his motorcycle and looked up to see him riding away ahead of them. A few moments later Taecyeon joined her in the carriage. They sit in silence as Autumn looked out of the window and Taecyeon had his eyes trained on her.

“How was your stay?” He said carefully watching her as she continued to stare at the scenery.

“Peaceful.” She replies shortly. Even if she was supposed to be hiding, it had not occur to her that she should have written to him. However seeing as he was now her fiancé of sorts, she realized she should have. As much as she felt a drop of guilt for having happily sent this time with Hurricane; she was reminded of his words when they had first met. ‘Love freely, but secretly.’ Do these words still hold?

“Do you love me?” She asks suddenly.

Taecyeon seems taken aback by the question, not expecting this sudden change. He thinks it over for a few minutes.

“I don’t know.” He answers seriously, “I know I am supposed to; so I think I do. I also find you interesting but at the same time…”

His answer surprised her; it seems like it was the first time that they had a proper talk. Autumn saw something in his eyes that made her think twice about what she thought of him.

“...I don’t want anyone else to have you.” He finishes with a smug smirk, at the same time destroying the moment. “You belong to me now, and don’t you forget that.”

A silence follows before Autumn answers; thinking over what he said. “You can have my body; but my heart and mine belongs to me.” She pauses letting her words sink in; she glances at him for a second. “You haven’t changed at all.” Autumn comments as she turns back to the window.

“I can see that you have changed.” He replied.

“You would have needed to have known me before to have known I changed.” Autumns says monotonously.

The rest of the ride home was quiet, nothing much was spoken and they arrived back and Autumn immediately went back to her room where Hurricane immediately took her into his arms and held her tightly.

“I hate it.” He whispers. “I hate that he can just take you away from me so easily and I can’t do anything about it at all.”

“I’m sorry...” Autumn whispers into his chest.

“It’s not your fault… It’s no one’s fault.” He says into her hair.

Later that night Autumn laid on her bed; missing the privacy that the hideaway houses offered. Although Hurricane was always with her, there was also multiple eyes watching her every move and it was tiring her out. Even though it has only been less than a day that they had came back; she found herself missing him. Secret smiles or a little wink was what kept her going until that time. But when night came, Hurricane made sure she was in bed before he quickly said he good night and closed the door between them. Autumn sighed; she wasn’t going to get any sleep tonight. She turns to face the door, hoping Hurricane would open the door and join her. She had become accustomed to the way things were at the hideaway house that sleeping alone in her room felt foreign. She suddenly gets up from her bed and grabs her blankets and walks towards the door and throws it open. A surprised Hurricane sat up immediately with a startled look on his face.

“Is something wrong?” He says as concern replaces the surprised look on his face.

“Hun..?”

“Yes?”

“Can I sleep in here tonight?”

“Of course.” Came his short reply a few seconds later.

 

Hurricane moved to make space for her and she got in next to him. Burrowing her face into his chest as Hurricane’s arms brought her closer to him.

“I miss you.” She says softly.

Hurricane smiles, “but I’m always with you.”

Autumn glares as him as she hits him playfully,

“I mean it though; I’ll always be there no matter where you are.”

“Why?”

“Because I need to keep you safe.”

“That’s your job though!” Autumn sulks as she remembers moments from the past.

“But it’s a job I wouldn’t quit until the day I die.”

Autumn thinks as silence falls between them.

“I hate it when you talk about dying”

“It’s going to happen sometime…”

“But I don’t want to live without you.” Autumn says as she breathes in his scent.

‘Then I’ll die with you to make sure you get to the afterlife safely.” Hurricane replies with a little smirk. Which brings about another attack from Autumn but it eventually turns to giggle.

“You’re never serious!”

‘I am serious… about you.”

Autumn bursts into another fit of giggles as Hurricane holds her even closer.

 

Later that night when Autumn fell asleep, Hurricane carefully got up and brought Autumn back to her own bed so that they would not be found together the next morning. As he turned to leave, her hand shot out and grabbed the back of his shirt.

“Don’t go…” She says groggily.

“I have to.” He says but he still sits down on the bed.

“No… Stay.”

Hurricane laughs at himself for his poor self control as he got into the bed next to her. She snuggles up to him soon falls back to sleep as Hurricane is left watching over her as he played with her hair. He eventually falls asleep too, but makes sure to wake up early and return to his own bed just before the sun rises.