Chapter 6

Unpredictable

It's been a month since Hayoon and Jungkook met. Promotions for Play Me are now long over. The girls are diligently making new music for the rookies' first comeback. They're dedication deserves a rest day to at least get their minds off work for even just a little time. Sheena and Gem decided to watch a movie the other girls refused to watch for personal reasons. Minjoo is out meeting a friend while Hannah is with her family who is currently visiting Seoul. Each member had their own plans, leaving Hayoon alone in their dorm. 

"What to do?" Hayoon exclaimed while plopping down in the couch, hair touching the floor and feet resting in the couchs' back rest. It may sound weird but to her it's plain normal. It helps her relax. 

"My family are in America and I don't really have that much friends. Or any for that matter. Ugh! I'm so pathetic. I shoud've went with Sheena and Gem unnie in watching that gruesomely boring movie."

"I mean that movie is horrible and all but at least I'm occupied— wait! Am I talking to myself? I really need to get out." And by that Hayoon reached for her phone lying in the coffee table just beside her. Scrolling through her contacts looking for someone to call. A smile was immediately plastered on her face as soon as she saw a way too familiar name. She pressed the call button hoping the boy was not too busy to accompany her. It rang thrice before she heard her best friend speak.

"Yoeboseyo?"

"Changkyun! What are you up to?"

"Not much really. Practice doesn't start until late in the evening."

"Why late in the evening?"

"The other members have individual schedules. Apparently I don't have any."

Hayoon chuckled at the boy's slightly hurt tone. "See this is why we're friends, we both have a lot in common. I'm alone in the the dorm as well."

"No you're just a copycat."

"Shut up weirdo. Let's go out I'm bored."

"Is that how you ask people to hang out? Calling them a weirdo?"

"I call you that always."

"Well I'd like a proper invitation then."

Hearing how stubborn her friend was acting Hayoon had to give in the to the lad's request. "Fine. My chingu I.M, would you like to spend this lovely day by sipping caffeine beverages and devouring pastries whilst  enjoying a nice conversation with yours truly?" 

"I'm on my way." I.M ended the phone call with a smile plastered in his face. He didn't have to ask where because he knows it's the usual. It's their favorite coffee shop. They've been visiting the place since trainee days. They would always make time to visit because man they make the best coffees. 

"That jerk hung up on me." Hayoon exclaimed as she placed her phone in her pocket then headed to her  room to change into something appropriate. 


 

"You're late." I.M spat as soon as Hayoon was at speaking distance.

"Ah— no I'm not because we didn't agree in a time." Hayoon retorted as she sat down across I.M.

"Well I waited for thirty minutes."

"Not my fault. You were the one who hang up on me. I had to change. Lucky for you I'm not like most girls. If I was, you would have waited for a good two hours."

I.M opened his mouth to answer but was cut off when a waiter came to take their order. 

"The usual. An Iced Cafe latte and we'll have a Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake. What about you Changkyun?""

"An Iced Machiatto. "

"Coming up!" The waiter then walked to the counter to prepare their orders.

"So what have you been up to lately? " I.M started the conversation.

"Well Ruby is preparing for our first comeback. It's been actually kinda hectic lately. I'm just glad Club gave us time to rest."

"Oh, yeah I remember my first comeback. It was stressful. Everyone making sure everything's perfect. It's always like that."

"Yeah, I remember when you called me crying you. When you and Joheon oppa had a fight." Hayoon laughed remembering the incident.

"Shut up! I didn't cry."

"Oh yeah? Does this sound familiar? 'Hu I was trying my best! Hyung didn't have to yell at me hu hu.'" Hayoon imitated her friends cry earning her sugar packets in the head. The two were still bickering at each other until the waiter came back with their orders. They both said thanks then started devouring their favorites.

The best friend's meeting consisted of talking, eating and more talking. This is one of the reasons why Hayoon loves the dork just across him. They could talk for hours without running out of topics. They'd talk about the randomest things from children's cartoons to the longest beard in the world. Hayoon just hates to be bored, with I.M around it's unlikely to happen.

 

The two were currently talking about the new game Hayoon just installed when BTS's Butterfly played through the caffe's stereos. Hayoon shut when he heard Jungkook singing the first verse. The girl took the time to listen to the lad's swoonful voice not realizing that her best friend was still talking.

"Yo Hayoon? Were you not listening?"

Hayoon snapped back to reality. "What? Oh sorry. I wasn't."

"Seriously a BTS song just plays and you forget about your best friend's existence?"

Hayoon ignored the guy's snarky remark and instead excitedly talked about her first meeting with her idol.

"Oh my God! He was so nice he offered to help me find my phone. He eventually did." Hayoon exclaimed with obvious hearts in her eyes. 

Seeing how her best friend was talking about her idol with such infatuation irked the latter a little. "I thought he was throwing clothes at you. How was that nice?"

"He apologized okay? I'm sure he didn't mean it. Besides it was your fault why I lost my phone. You and that heavy of yours."

"Again I am not responsible for you carelesness." The boy was itching for the topic to change. Hayoon talks about BTS too often to the point that he knows what size foot Jin wears or what blood type V is. It's gonna get worse now that she's met one of them. It was confirmed when Hayoon continued talking about Jungkook's flawless features and his gentleman personality.

"He knows by the way."

"About what?" I.M asked, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"That I'm a fan. Do you think the others know too?"

I.M looked out the window and sighed. "I don't know. Why don't you ask them."

"Silly. How would I do that?" The girl uttered, oblivious of her friend's disinterest of the topic.

The rendezvous ended with their craving of fun, satisfied. Though they were just glued to their seats, Hayoon had more fun talking to I.M than she'd probably have with watching a rerun of gag concert.

I.M felt the same. He would never regret a day spent with Hayoon. 


A/N: I feel that this chapter . Sorry :(

If by any chance you guys are wondering gag concert is a show in kbs were they perform skits with a live audience. 

I accidentally posted this chapter while it still wasn't finish. I don't know what happened but it wasn't in hide option anymore. Did any of you guys notice? I quickly hid it once I realized my clumsy mistake.